Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Firmwares, enhancements and upgrades  ~  NEW UPDATE SOON !!

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Traxmaster
Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 206
Do you have a good signal to both tuners?

Could this be your problem?

I am getting a quality booster/splitter at the weekend so I get the same signal strength to both tuners.

nashi
Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 01 Apr 2005 Posts: 37
I have a good signal to both tuners.
The blank recording was on abc1.
Traxmaster
Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 206
Strange one I wonder if its down to the mux its transmitted on.

Sometimes sound won't playback on a recording if I am not tuned in to a particular channel.
matt
Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 2305 Location: St Ives, Cornwall Transmitter: Redruth
There was speculation in another thread that this only happens on time-shared channels?

matt

PVR: TF5800, MyStuff recommended firmware, new PSU, 250GB Spinpoint HDD, Zalman ZM-OP1 fan TAPs: QuickJump 1.72, MyStuff 6.4, EPG2MEI 0.96, Extend 1.7, Bookmark 3, UK Auto Scheduler 0.73, SecCache 0.4, EIT Sub 0.6, SDS 1.3, TAP Commander 1.34, Font Manager 1.0d. Others: HDFW 2.3a, Channel Manager 5.1, FastScanGUI, MyInfo TV: Philips 37PFL9603D
nudel
Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 02 Apr 2005 Posts: 38 Location: London, England
Quote:
B. Making 5800 firmware the same as other 5XXX series firmware (which would give us bookmarks and 30 sec skip)

I really like that idea. Smile I'd gladly lose MHEG if it meant gaining bookmarks and compatibility with other TAPs.

IMO MHEG is a bloody annoying waste of time that would not be missed, at least in this house, at least while the Internet continues to exist...
Stuart_Burns
Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 21 Mar 2005 Posts: 94
[quote author=nudel link=board=12;num=1112891502;start=15#19 date=04/08/05 at 22:11:33]
I really like that idea. Smile I'd gladly lose MHEG if it meant gaining bookmarks and compatibility with other TAPs.

IMO MHEG is a bloody annoying waste of time that would not be missed, at least in this house, at least while the Internet continues to exist...
[/quote]

Sorry, have to disagree with that.  MHEG is very useful and a pain if it's not there (especially on timeshift channels).  After they worked to integrate it in the UK version of the firmware, they're hardly likely to ditch it just like that.
nashi
Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 01 Apr 2005 Posts: 37
I had meant to keep the extra's that we had in the UK (like MHEG) and get the missing features from the other 5xxx series Toppys.
Greedy I know Wink
Unless there's a technical reason why they are mutually exclusive.
nwhitfield
Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9579
Please can people try to keep wishes about what they'd like to see in other threads.

I'd like to make sure that this one doesn't end up with too much talk or speculation about what people think should or will be in the update. That will only potentially confuse people who are skimming through.

I will be trying to go through as much as I can over the weekend and clarify things, both here and to Topfield, as much as I can.

Nigel.