Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Firmwares, enhancements and upgrades  ~  7 day epg.... give us 14 days!

Page 1 of 1
iangus
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:10 pm Reply with quote
ok 7 day epg is ok...ish. is there any news of a firmware becoming avail to make the pvr epg 14 days? 14 days is needed for a 2wk holiday etc. so?
andrec
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Posts: 1349 Location: Bristol, U.K.
iangus wrote:
ok 7 day epg is ok...ish. is there any news of a firmware becoming avail to make the pvr epg 14 days? 14 days is needed for a 2wk holiday etc. so?

It's nothing to do with firmware, I'm afraid. The Toppy uses the EPG data which is broadcast to all Freeview boxes, so it would be necessary for Freeview to increase the data to 14 days.

The only other sources of 14-day data that I'm aware of are the 4TV stream which is transmitted on LCN 704 and which is used by some other PVRs whose manufacturers have chosen to subscribe to it (it's not otherwise available), and the deeply wonderful DigiGuide which you can subscribe to on the Web. Clever people have developed ways of exporting instructions to set the Toppy timers from DigiGuide.

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:02 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
...of course the other way of catching series is by using Jags EPG and the key word recording option. Make sure you don't miss any episodes of Neighbours whilst you are away Laughing

Cheers

Chunkywizard

Aborigine
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Apr 2005 Posts: 447 Location: Amersham
Or use Diguguide and export timers - always at least 14 days there. With Digiguide and JAGs auto-search to pick up late changes I hardly ever actually look at the EPG on the Toppy.
simonc
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:34 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5642 Location: Cheltenham
I've read the the freeview EPG is unlikely ever to go to 14 days due to bandwidth restrictions.
Sebby
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Site helper Joined: 16 Jul 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: London
chunkywizard wrote:
...of course the other way of catching series is by using Jags EPG and the key word recording option. Make sure you don't miss any episodes of Neighbours whilst you are away Laughing

That can be a problem, though, for those with gappy EPGs, like myself. Sad
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:05 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Sebby,

is your EPG gappy even 1 day out? If there is a scan everyday and you have the key word search set to the 10min option then surely you only have to capture 1 days worth of programmes. If its that gappy I really feel sorry for you. Sad

Chunkywizard

Sebby
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Site helper Joined: 16 Jul 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: London
chunkywizard wrote:
is your EPG gappy even 1 day out? If there is a scan everyday and you have the key word search set to the 10min option then surely you only have to capture 1 days worth of programmes. If its that gappy I really feel sorry for you. Sad

It seems okay 1 day out. It's usually okay a few days out, but after that, it's blank. Laughing