Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Programmes  ~  Live 8 - HEEEEELP!

Page 1 of 1
Wolfie
Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 252
Ok, so I was there, but I also set up my Toppy to record all the BBC programmes. However, it overran by three hours and I'd love to see those three hours again - any of you wonderful folk able to dump the last three or four hours as .REC (or whatever's easier) files to a couple of blank DVDs I could put in the post?

I would be extremely grateful...

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Mick.
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:36 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
Not a problem. Drop me a PM, Tell me your address. I'll send in toppy format. Great gig you luckt Bast**d Rolling Eyes
nwhitfield
Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9579
I was at the Edinburgh one. Absolutely amazing. But of course, my recording stops part way through Bob Geldof, so I don't have Travis or James Brown.

Nigel.

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Ugly--Kid--Joe wrote:
Not a problem. Drop me a PM, Tell me your address. I'll send in toppy format. Great gig you luckt Bast**d Rolling Eyes

Luckier than I could possibly hope to be - a friend in the right place got me a pair of Gold Circle tickets, so we were about sixty feet from the stage - easily close enough to recognise everyone we saw!

...and strangely enough, I also saw Pink Floyd at one of the last gigs they did before Roger Waters left, back in '85 at Earl's Court...

PM in the post - cheers UKJ...

Mick.
Wolfie
Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:43 pm Reply with quote
nwhitfield wrote:
I was at the Edinburgh one. Absolutely amazing. But of course, my recording stops part way through Bob Geldof, so I don't have Travis or James Brown.

Nigel.

Nigel - I think I have some of the later stuff that I could "do" in .rec if you wish - my recording went as far as Sting - dunno how that fits in with the stuff you have...

Mick.
rexy
Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 106
The concerts are online too (http://music.channel.aol.com/live_8_concert/home/uk_main) - I haven't tried them though.
nwhitfield
Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Wolfie; if it's Sting, then you must have the London concert - he wasn't at Murrayfield, which is the recording I'm after!

Nigel.

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:35 pm Reply with quote
nwhitfield wrote:
Thanks Wolfie; if it's Sting, then you must have the London concert - he wasn't at Murrayfield, which is the recording I'm after!

Nigel.

Indeed I do... Ok, no probs...

Mick.
Quaixy
Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:01 pm Reply with quote
If UKJ or anyone else still has the London Live8 show recorded could they copy part of the .rec file from after Maria Carey until the end onto DVD for me, please. I'm after Robbie Williams, The Who, Pink Floyd etc. I'll send blanks with pre-paid postage or paypal/cheque to cover cost of blanks & postage.

TIA
Wolfie
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Quaixy wrote:
If UKJ or anyone else still has the London Live8 show recorded could they copy part of the .rec file from after Maria Carey until the end onto DVD for me, please. I'm after Robbie Williams, The Who, Pink Floyd etc. I'll send blanks with pre-paid postage or paypal/cheque to cover cost of blanks & postage.

TIA

That's exactly the bit I'm after - I still waiting for some news from a friend in the know (say no more) - will update the thread when I know more.

Mick.
NickC
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:17 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 16 Jul 2005 Posts: 105 Location: Oxfordshire
I think I still have the last bit of the London show from about 9.20pm thru to the end when they were all shuffling around on the stage at 12 midnight.

Let me know if you need it

N.
Wolfie
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:54 am Reply with quote
NickC wrote:
I think I still have the last bit of the London show from about 9.20pm thru to the end when they were all shuffling around on the stage at 12 midnight.

Let me know if you need it

N.

Thanks very much for the offer, Nick - looks like I may be able to get my hands on it from another source now - the 'source' has a high-def set of all ten hours (and he has them in his grubby mitts now as well!) so I'll watch his.
I tried the link higher up and watched Pink Floyd online and it was watchable, so that was good, but I'd like a better copy. I'll buy the dvd when it comes out but I can't yet be sure whether or not it'll have all songs by each artist - I can see them doing just "Money" and "Comfortably Numb" from the Floyd set and not the other two tracks.

Thanks again,

Mick.
nwhitfield
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Just downloaded and checked my London recording, and I have it from Beckham's introduction for Robbie Williams, through to the handover to Philadelphia, 3.93Gb of .rec file, if anyone's desperate.

Nigel.