Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Computer connections  ~  Topfield Windows Vista Drivers/Software

Page 9 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Vindictor
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:25 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Oct 2005 Posts: 220 Location: Cornwall
ah5150 wrote:
what am i doing wrong? i've installed the Topfield Windows Applications pack to get altair in the system.

Copying tfdll.dll from installed wuppy to programs files of altair does not connect to the toppy.

When i connect the toppy i get the below image

This is what I always get.
Are you using Vista 64bit?

Vin.

--
END OF LINE.
ah5150
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 13 Oct 2005 Posts: 44 Location: Telford / Birmingham
vista 32 still doesn't work. uninstalled restarted installed. doesn't work. swapped driver using the swap utility

however using an old laptop (windows 2000) installed plugged usb in and that doesn't work either. changed the cable - stil nothing

hard drive in the topfield is set to master.

thats all i can think of thats stopping this from working. i'll format my laptop to get this working, but as it doesn't with a win2000 pc i was wondering if anyone can think of anything that can help? Sad

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
Perhaps a faulty cable, or USB connector on Toppy? Have you tried substituting either the Toppy with another USB device or the cable for another cable?

ah5150
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 13 Oct 2005 Posts: 44 Location: Telford / Birmingham
changed the cable already and if definately works [edit] the cable definately works

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
Must be the toppy then if it won't connect to ANY pc.

ah5150
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:45 pm Reply with quote
just tried with a mac - not working either.

Umm yeah i think the usb connector is faulty. how/can i fix this

is there another way of connecting to get files off. i have a NSLU2, but again this is a usb approach

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Dec 2006 Posts: 447 Location: East London
ah5150 wrote:

is there another way of connecting to get files off. i have a NSLU2, but again this is a usb approach

Yes -- but not exactly connecting to the Toppy.

You can take the drive out of the Toppy and put it in your PC (assuming your PC supports PATA), and use topfHDRW to read the drive and copy stuff off it.

Transmitter:Crystal Palace
Darucla
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:16 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Jun 2007 Posts: 1544
Regarding VLC, the current release version, which I believe is 0.86, does not work properly with Vista and rec files. However, there is a beta section of their website where you can obtain a 0.9 early beta. This seems to work for me, although it does not yet register with Vista and so you have to load the files through the executable, rather than clicking on "Open with" on the file in Vista explorer. If that makes sense..
iceking
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:36 pm Reply with quote
So as a newbie, what do I know need to do following the "official" USB driver for Vista to get the laptop and topfield to work step-by steP?

Thanks
slickandy
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:05 pm Reply with quote
ah5150 wrote:
what am i doing wrong? i've installed the Topfield Windows Applications pack to get altair in the system.

Copying tfdll.dll from installed wuppy to programs files of altair does not connect to the toppy.

When i connect the toppy i get the below image

I have the same error come up if I leave my Nebula Electronics DigiTV USB master unit plugged in to any of my PC's on-board USB ports. Now that the Nebula is removed, and no longer connected to the PC, all is well.

Therefore, I'd suggest that you check your other USB devices, one-by-one, until you identify the device causing the problem with the toppy.

iceking wrote:
So as a newbie, what do I know need to do following the "official" USB driver for Vista to get the laptop and topfield to work step-by steP?

Thanks

Look here. Incidentally, I gave up on the "official" drivers and used the wuppy ones instead after many zero-byte file transfers.
mkok
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:17 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 01 Jun 2005 Posts: 61 Location: Bradford
Ihave struggled with 0 file xfers too. Make sure no : etc and make sure no screen savers or anything tha will interupt. Not very good. The vista driver does work as I am using it. I never put the xp driver in and did as someone else suggested. Plugged in toppy and then manually went to the driver. Worked for me

Krell kav400xi, copland CDA823, Martin logan clarity, Clearaudio solution turntable with unify arm, Topfield TF5800pvr, Denon 3910 DVD and 3805 reciever using denon link 3. Three martin logan fresco's. rel strataIII sub.
panasonic 42pwd6 plasma. Nintendo Wii
Veester
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:28 pm Reply with quote
I have just got a new Vista laptop and am finding it impossible to install the drivers - I can get the zip file and download that ok, but the Add New Hardware wizard doesn't come up when I plug in the USB cable, so I can't run through the manual install described. The cable should be fine as it always worked on the XP laptops that I plugged it into before. I'm not massively technically savvy, so is there something simple that I'm missing or instructions that I'm not following properly?
paddyb
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Nov 2006 Posts: 133
Veester wrote:
I have just got a new Vista laptop and am finding it impossible to install the drivers - I can get the zip file and download that ok, but the Add New Hardware wizard doesn't come up when I plug in the USB cable, so I can't run through the manual install described. The cable should be fine as it always worked on the XP laptops that I plugged it into before. I'm not massively technically savvy, so is there something simple that I'm missing or instructions that I'm not following properly?

Me too! I'm not getting the new hardware wizard when i plug in the cable and if i use the add new hardware wizard from control panel it doesn't find anything.

Can i copy the three files manually? Presumably FfBulk and TfBulk.sys to the TfBulk folder in Topfield Windows Applications, but don't know what to do with the NcGen.sys file?

I'm using Vista Business 32 bit and the cables are ok as it still works fine on my desktop running XP.

Thanks.