Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Computer connections  ~  Topfield Windows Vista Drivers/Software

Page 8 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Vindictor
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:42 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Oct 2005 Posts: 220 Location: Cornwall
This sounds promising.

http://www.topfield-australia.com.au/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=104413&sid=84e01c2560cf634d9a7970f0c93dca5f

V1N.

--
END OF LINE.
mkok
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 01 Jun 2005 Posts: 61 Location: Bradford
Ah well the last was mid May. Let's see if they can manage it this time

Krell kav400xi, copland CDA823, Martin logan clarity, Clearaudio solution turntable with unify arm, Topfield TF5800pvr, Denon 3910 DVD and 3805 reciever using denon link 3. Three martin logan fresco's. rel strataIII sub.
panasonic 42pwd6 plasma. Nintendo Wii
glenmcfar
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland

That's particularly amusing, especially since I'm using Aldarins drivers with NO problems, and (I imagine) Topfield doesn't pay him.

sanecyclist
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:26 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
glenmcfar wrote:
That's particularly amusing, especially since I'm using Aldarins drivers with NO problems

Even more so considering that Aldarin's fixed DLL is hosted on their own server! Maybe someone should tell them about it? Confused
sanecyclist
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:38 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
This little tool from Down Under looks handy:

Vindictor
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:37 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Oct 2005 Posts: 220 Location: Cornwall
sanecyclist wrote:
glenmcfar wrote:
That's particularly amusing, especially since I'm using Aldarins drivers with NO problems

Even more so considering that Aldarin's fixed DLL is hosted on their own server! Maybe someone should tell them about it? Confused

Still not working for Vista x64.
Altair loads up, but the Toppy side is blank.

Shame, been running Vista x64 since Feb, and since Feb the Toppy is the only device not working in Vista!

V1N.

--
END OF LINE.
MTOW
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Been lurking for well over a year, but this is my first post.

Big thanks to the contributors - now have altair working on new vista laptop

Thanks

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:43 pm Reply with quote
I have an Asus Vista laptop and installed Altair. I then installed wuppy and copied the dll over to the Altair folder.

I managed to view the Toppys drive and even though the first rec file copied for an hour but displayed zero bytes on the file properties, I eventually managed to copy a file whose bytes matched the one on the Toppy drive.

My next aim was to play the rec file on the laptop.

I then installed MPEG Streamclip which said I need either Apples QuickTime or an alternative. I installed QuickTime from download.com as Apples server was down. MPEG Streamclip now says that I must either use the alternative or purchase Apples MPEG player component. The alternative downloads page says it has removed all down loads due to a request from apple.

After that I tried VLC but when I open the rec file it plays but their is no picture or sound just a mainly black screen with occasional light flickering.

Can any one tell me please how I can play a rec file on my Vista laptop or what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
leshay
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Oct 2005 Posts: 383
ToppyCoder wrote:
I have an Asus Vista laptop and installed Altair. I then installed wuppy and copied the dll over to the Altair folder.

I managed to view the Toppys drive and even though the first rec file copied for an hour but displayed zero bytes on the file properties, I eventually managed to copy a file whose bytes matched the one on the Toppy drive.

My next aim was to play the rec file on the laptop.

I then installed MPEG Streamclip which said I need either Apples QuickTime or an alternative. I installed QuickTime from download.com as Apples server was down. MPEG Streamclip now says that I must either use the alternative or purchase Apples MPEG player component. The alternative downloads page says it has removed all down loads due to a request from apple.

After that I tried VLC but when I open the rec file it plays but their is no picture or sound just a mainly black screen with occasional light flickering.

Can any one tell me please how I can play a rec file on my Vista laptop or what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

I use VideoReDo on my Vista laptop without any problems. This is a good viewer/editor which has toppy file recognition built in, eliminating any need to reformat the files. Can't compare to VLC as I tried to use it but failed and so tried VideoReDo.

http://www.videoredo.com/

ToppyCoder
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, I tried VideoRedo and it worked. The only disadvantages are, its a 15 day trial whereas the other software was free. Also it seems to mainly operate as an editor and I was unable to get it to play in full screen mode. Saying that the quality was very good.

I would still be interested to hear from any one who has managed to get MPEG StreamClip or VLC working on Vista.

At the moment I really just want to store rec files on the Vista Laptop and play them back without converting them to another format in full screen mode.

The Topfields hard drive is now full and it is a useful way to archive. The rec files can then be moved back when required or watched on the laptop. I am not really interested in saving to DVDs as I have an external drive encasement and I can place huge drive in it to back things up.
mgrat
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Hi,
I'm unable to get Altair or Wuppy to work with Aldarin's tfdll (v1.0.2) With Altair I can connect to my toppy and see the recorded files but when I try to tranfer a file (Turbo on or off) I get this message:
"Cannot copy the selected file. Already used in the other process or unknown error occured"
If I use Wuppy I can transfer files but they don't work (usually the last count is 99.98%), VideoReDo tells me there is no video stream.
I'm using a Sony VAIO FE41Z laptop with Vista Home Premium.
Any ideas?
glenmcfar
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
ToppyCoder wrote:

I tried VLC but when I open the rec file it plays but their is no picture or sound just a mainly black screen with occasional light flickering.

Thanks

I had the same problem after installing VLC, but found that I could then play the file thru Windows Media Player

ToppyCoder
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Yes it does defiantly work in Windows Media Player on Vista. It displays full screen too. The one thing it can't seem to do is wind forward or back only pause or play.

Theres a dialog that says it does not recognize rec files but just check the box not to display again and press continue playing.

All I did to copy, was install Altair as usual, install Wuppy then replace Altairs device driver dll with Wuppys. The only problem was one file took an hour but had zero bytes. I don't know if it was Turbo or not. If I canceled and tried again it was partial file size. So far I have only got one file to work so their may be a file locking issue.
ah5150
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:29 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 13 Oct 2005 Posts: 44 Location: Telford / Birmingham
what am i doing wrong? i've installed the Topfield Windows Applications pack to get altair in the system.

Copying tfdll.dll from installed wuppy to programs files of altair does not connect to the toppy.

When i connect the toppy i get the below image

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:43 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12148
ah5150 wrote:
When i connect the toppy i get the below image

I've had that under WinXP and the normal setup.

A couple of thoughts: did you install the software before plugging the USB cable from the Toppy into your PC? That's what you need to do.

Or have you plugged the USB cable from the Toppy into a different USB port on your PC from the one you used when installing the apps? In my experience, you need to use the same one.

In the end, I had to uninstall the Topfield apps, reboot, then install them again. Then I was very careful to use the same port!