Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Firmwares, enhancements and upgrades  ~  Topfield updating other Toppy?s

Page 1 of 1
Darkmatter
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 21 Mar 2005 Posts: 1237
I see Topfield has released new firmware for the TF5000PVRt.
Appears NOT to be generic with our 5800 ? the system ID is different.

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 23 Mar 2005 Posts: 243 Location: Sydney, Australia. Toppy 5K owner.
Coooool!!!   It must be a good forum here when I learn on the Toppy.org.uk forum that there is a new f/w for my beloved Toppy!
Thanks Darkmatter!

nwhitfield
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9579
They've obviously been very busy beavering away over in Korea, which in itself is a good sign for us, I think.

I wonder if they'll get the manual up there soon.

Nigel.

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I did look for the manual ? it?s not made its way to the download site yet.
To be honest it?s difficult to be enthusiastic over our manual. It?s hard to find any difference to the Oz version ? apart from a different picture of the remote, and the removal of bookmarks. I?d actually say it?s more confusing, as they continually refer to the wrong cursor keys.

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:58 am Reply with quote
Ooooh? they get a new record menu, that appears to pick up on the Now & Next information http://www.goldcoastguy.com/dtv/toppy.jpg

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:29 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 23 Mar 2005 Posts: 243 Location: Sydney, Australia. Toppy 5K owner.
And support pausing a recording!   It flashes the dot in the recording icon on the top right when "paused".

matt
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 2305 Location: St Ives, Cornwall Transmitter: Redruth
[quote author=tonymy01 link=board=12;num=1112357425;start=0#5 date=04/02/05 at 04:29:24]And support pausing a recording!   It flashes the dot in the recording icon on the top right when "paused".[/quote]
Very nice.

PVR: TF5800, MyStuff recommended firmware, new PSU, 250GB Spinpoint HDD, Zalman ZM-OP1 fan TAPs: QuickJump 1.72, MyStuff 6.4, EPG2MEI 0.96, Extend 1.7, Bookmark 3, UK Auto Scheduler 0.73, SecCache 0.4, EIT Sub 0.6, SDS 1.3, TAP Commander 1.34, Font Manager 1.0d. Others: HDFW 2.3a, Channel Manager 5.1, FastScanGUI, MyInfo TV: Philips 37PFL9603D