Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  HDFW v2 - load firmware from hard disk

Page 39 of 39
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:04 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9306 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
If it makes it easier I can zip up all the patches I used for the firmware creation and post it somewhere. IIRC they all came out of PatchPack v2. I created the firmware using HDFW v2.3D

HTH

CW

adi
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 24 May 2006 Posts: 121 Location: Heathfield TX
Please could the next version have a select all/ de-select all button?
I would find that very useful Smile

Thanks.

TAPs: QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.6; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; Font Manager 1.0; MyInfo B5.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; TAP Commander 1.34; TSSaver v0.5; UK Subtitle 1.9; TF5000 Display v1.53; (FastScanGUI v0.6d);
Sig generated by MyInfo on 16/10/14
R2-D2
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
adi wrote:
Please could the next version have a select all/ de-select all button?
It's been resisted for two reasons: a) it's dangerous to assume that all the patches can be applied at once, notably in the case of different versions being present, and b) you can do it very simply by just holding down or rapidly pressing OK, while retaining a degree of human interpretation of the results on screen.

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 24 May 2006 Posts: 121 Location: Heathfield TX
R2-D2 wrote:
It's been resisted for two reasons: a) it's dangerous to assume that all the patches can be applied at once, notably in the case of different versions being present, and b) you can do it very simply by just holding down or rapidly pressing OK, while retaining a degree of human interpretation of the results on screen.

Fair enough, didn't know about the all at once problem as I've not encountered it. Just to give you some background what I have started doing is only copying the patches up to the toppy that I want. I find that less confusing, quicker and easier than having the full set. I then use the recommended firmware and add all the extra patches which is a bit of a hop, skip and jump job and was pining for a select all option Wink
- Adi

TAPs: QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.6; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; Font Manager 1.0; MyInfo B5.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; TAP Commander 1.34; TSSaver v0.5; UK Subtitle 1.9; TF5000 Display v1.53; (FastScanGUI v0.6d);
Sig generated by MyInfo on 16/10/14
dedics
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:25 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Aug 2005 Posts: 310
I've just tried to use hdfw2.3 to flash my firmware with the emptysettings tfd, and it came back with an error message

error in block crc (or was it cpc?)

what does this mean?

does that mean the ram is corrupted? or the emptysetting.tfd file ?

I managed to flash a normal firmware without problems.

My toppy has been not booting up successfully from cold, and I though I'd try empty settings and re flashing the firmware to see if it corrects matters.

any help gratefully appreciated

dedics

I'll go ahead and check the PSU voltages if I can't get it to behave properly

Sig generated by MyInfo on 24/9/09
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
dedics wrote:
I've just tried to use hdfw2.3 to flash my firmware with the emptysettings tfd
It's not a firmware so HDFW won't like it. And there is zero point in trying to do it that way, since if you can run TAPs then you can easily do the Factory Reset that EmptySettings performs. So, in summary, only flash EmptySettings using TFDN_USB when booting an otherwise unusable Toppy.

Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:12 am Reply with quote
HELP!!!
I've got a 5800 and have recently loaded HDFW. Every time I try to run it I get a reboot, verifying files etc., I've removed all TAPs, loaded 2.3d and spent ages going through the posts on here but can't seem to rectify it. I've even done a factory reset. Any ideas?
chunkywizard
Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:23 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9306 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
As per the other thread, try using FwLoad instead....

CW