Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAP and patch development  ~  DescExt firmware patch (like DescriptionExtender)

Page 2 of 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
R2-D2
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:57 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
DX wrote:
I'll build and upload new test versions of eit2mei, mei2archive, and SeriesLink with this included in the next day or two.
You're a star! Thanks for taking the time to look at this.
DX
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Apr 2005 Posts: 2673
I've uploaded test versions eit2mei 7.8j, mei2archive 3.8j and SeriesLink 0.27. All require "AutoDetectDEP=1" be added to their ini files. I should warn everyone I have only done minimal testing on eit2mei and SeriesLink, and none at all on mei2archive, so treat with caution

When/if we get patch id's or another foolproof method of detecting the patch has been applied I'll change the default setting.

Edit: I'd prefer any problems with these test versions here be posted here, rather than on the individual tap threads.
Andy K
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jun 2005 Posts: 3499 Location: Owner of 3 Topfields
does anyone know what will happen with MEI2EIT which is currently not compatable with the DE TAP. Will it also be incompatable with the patch ?

Autostart TAPs: Jags 3, Bookmark 2uk, Quickjump 1.71, Power Manager 1.1, Description Extender 1.5/2.1, MEI2Archive 3.8l6, Tap Launcher 3.5a, Tap Commander, AccurateBMExtend 0.3, RemoteExt 1.5, TunerRecAR.2
Launched during EPG scan: Crid, SeriesLink 0.35
TF5800 Version 5.13.65 PHT2UFXp5Xw3RpPcE2Bf2BqRsRh3Pf1Ec2ErEfHe1 Ra3Cf2Ct
Samsung 400Gb+Fan
DX
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:12 pm Reply with quote
The issue with mei2eit and Description Extender was there were some reports of crashes when used together, but I don't know whether that still applies. It may have been due to some problems early versions of DE had with extended info (which isn't normally used in the UK).

As far as the patch goes it should work with mei2eit, but since short descriptions are under 127 characters when using mei2eit you don't need to worry about truncated descriptions anyway. Given the patch will break non-aware taps why would you want to use the two of them together anyway?
andyrogers
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2005 Posts: 814
Dx

Thanks for the update for eit2mei & serieslink taps. they are both working like normal with R2-D2's patch applied.

You can't spot the difference really.

Thanks

Andy

Firmware: 5.14.09 Patched
AutoStart Taps: MyStuff v5.52b, eit2mei beta 7.8m7, , Power Manager v1.2, Tap Commander v1.32, TF5000 Display v1.53a, Discription Extender v2.3, SDS 1.3b, QuickJump 1.72
Other Taps: Sudoka, mei2archive, mei2eit, snake, meisearch
R2-D2
Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:06 pm Reply with quote
DX wrote:
I've uploaded test versions eit2mei 7.8j, mei2archive 3.8j and SeriesLink 0.27.
I've got a small problem with eit2mei b7.8j, after upgrading from b7.7. I had it set to just do the initial scan on booting (ManualMode=0, BackgroundScan=0, ScheduledBackgroundScan=0). This seemed to work really well for me, since the box is often switched off. However, 7.8j doesn't seem to do this initial scan. I tried playing around with various options, but I'm quickly getting confused again Smile -- especially when the results seem to have changed between versions. Any tips?
DX
Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:15 pm Reply with quote
If I've understand your requirements correctly try

BackgroundScan=0
ScheduledBackgroundScan=10
ScanWindow=0
andyrogers
Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2005 Posts: 814
Hi Dx

With the latest version 7.8j, i seem to be running into problems when trying to get into teletext wity using my text button.

From when i press my text button, my toppy seems to eb very slow to pas on the key press onto my toppy to bring up the teletext menu.
I can still use my EPG key to bring up mystuff as normal and change channel.

This also applys to if I try to press the menu key to bring up the toppy menu, this to also seems to wait a couple of minutes sometimes to.

It seem to be happening when it is doing a background scan.

With previous versions I have not run into this problems before.

If I have eit2mei not loaded or use the older version I do not run into these problems.

Any help would be appreciated please.

Thanks

Andy

Firmware: 5.14.09 Patched
AutoStart Taps: MyStuff v5.52b, eit2mei beta 7.8m7, , Power Manager v1.2, Tap Commander v1.32, TF5000 Display v1.53a, Discription Extender v2.3, SDS 1.3b, QuickJump 1.72
Other Taps: Sudoka, mei2archive, mei2eit, snake, meisearch
DX
Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:15 pm Reply with quote
I think this would be more appropriate on the eit2mei thread but as you've asked here -

I don't see this myself, so it may depend on your configuration or be an interaction with your other taps. Do you see this when running just eit2mei (no other taps) with default settings? How about on an unpatched firmware?

Is it literally a couple of minutes before menu is displayed? I'm confused as to why menu key would take so long while the epg key operates normally. How about the archive or play keys? How about directly entering a channel number?

Edit: When you say the older version what do you mean? eit2mei 7.8h?
R2-D2
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:45 am Reply with quote
DX wrote:
If I've understand your requirements correctly try

BackgroundScan=0
ScheduledBackgroundScan=10
ScanWindow=0
That worked a treat -- many thanks!
glenmcfar
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
Is this good to go for testing with eit2mei 7.8j and the DetectDEP=1 in the .ini file?

andyrogers wrote:

Thanks for the update for eit2mei & serieslink taps. they are both working like normal with R2-D2's patch applied.

You can't spot the difference really.

And before I do it, to be honest I can't spot the difference between descriptions in MyStuff with/without Description Extender TAP, so what should I be looking for?

Glen.

chunkywizard
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:27 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9306 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
wihout DE descriptions truncate at 128 characrs, with it they can go to 256... or something like that. So look for the longer descriptions.

CW

DX
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:30 pm Reply with quote
glenmcfar wrote:
so what should I be looking for?

Nothing. It's just a different way of doing what the Description Extender tap does so the net result should be you still see exactly what were seeing before.
glenmcfar
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
Ok, I can see the point of that when using rt2mei, is the EIT data often over 128 chars??? Not planning on dropping it, just curious.

(Usually when I say I'm curious I'm told - 'no, you're weird!')

Glen.

glenmcfar
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Ok, cool I'll go for it, but I take it I need to wait until my EPG updates to check everything is hunky dory.

Glen.