Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Bugs  ~  Toppy sometimes ignores key presses

Page 9 of 11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
MikeyP
Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Jan 2006 Posts: 4816
Nimbus wrote:
What are the interactive services/mheg? Is this teletex? If so I'll need to keep these one as we use BBC ones for news/weather. If it's the anoying "press red" icon that is shown on the top right, I'll stop them.

Thanks

teletext is MHEg on digital isn't it Confused
DX
Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Apr 2005 Posts: 2669
Nimbus wrote:
What are the interactive services/mheg? Is this teletex? If so I'll need to keep these one as we use BBC ones for news/weather. If it's the anoying "press red" icon that is shown on the top right, I'll stop them.

Thanks

Both of these are MHEG, so you can't have one without the other I'm afraid.
sanecyclist
Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
Nimbus wrote:
the anoying "press red" icon

You can make that go away temporarily by pressing the green button.
EMJB
Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:50 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3460 Location: Maldon Essex
Have been using the new "cpu_load" TAP to try to shed some light on the missed key problems. Unfortunately the results do not seem to be very consistent, but it is noticeable that the indicated load drops significantly (90+% to ~62%) when a TAP screen such as MeiSearch is in place. However this is the time when I notice missed keypresses most of all. Inhibiting timeshift & HMEG do not seem to have a major effect. Anyone else tried this?
fwhite
Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:40 am Reply with quote
Hello,
My topfield is not responding to my remote. This started yesterday. The led on the topfield is not blinking when a remote button is pressed. I have rebooted and reset but still have no luck. i have also used my Universal remote and that to is not recognised.
I am running 5.12.88 and have been for months. I have also changed batteries. Any help would be greatly appreciated
chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:02 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9282 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Try unplugging at the mains, and leaving for 5 minutes and see if that makes a difference. If not, try booting with no TAPs loaded (by pressing 0 on boot). If that works then disable the TAPs one by one until you find the problem.

CW

fwhite
Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:26 am Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:
Try unplugging at the mains, and leaving for 5 minutes and see if that makes a difference. If not, try booting with no TAPs loaded (by pressing 0 on boot). If that works then disable the TAPs one by one until you find the problem.

CW

Hi,

Thanks for the above
I have no Taps running.
Switched off at the mains, left for 10mins. Restated via standby button on Topfield. Still no response.
Went into menu and "Reset Factory", now I cant get out of "Menu" either. Remote still not recognised
Any thoughts?

Thanks
chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:31 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9282 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
When you do a factory reset you have to search for channels afterwards. I think it's under the installation section of the menu...

CW

fwhite
Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Hello

Thanks again. I have searched for the channels and I can know get out of menu options.
Still unable to use remote.
Is there anyway of accessing my archive to watch previously recorded programs without the remote?
chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:26 pm Reply with quote
IIRC there is a TAP which makes the buttonsa on the front of the Toppy work properly. Search the site and see if you can find it.

CW

fwhite
Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Hi Thanks
i have had no luck finding the Tap as mentioned below.
It looks like I will have to check out getting the Topfield repaired.
Does anyone know who is best and affordable. Have tried Turbosat but their line just rings out, must be for the hols.
FW
Versatile
Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Jul 2005 Posts: 101 Location: Wokingham; Transmitters - Hannington + C. Palace
@fwhite This thread may help you:

http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=71616&highlight=emergency#71616

fwhite
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Versatile

Found the thread and it links to: http://www.tapworld.net/content/category/2/3/29/
this is for thye "emergency remote".
I have downloaded and see how I get on.

Thanks to all for advice
Finlay[/quote]
cyberpieman
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:03 am Reply with quote
Just to add to the evidence on this, the dropping of remote signals is never really an issue until while flipping through channels I hit Sky3, which would hang the entire kit for up to 15 seconds.

A conspiracy theorist would probably accuse Sky of deliberately trying to sabotage the freeview channel Shocked by feeding garbage down the line, the pragmatist in me simply removed the channel from favourites. Confused

Does anyone know whether this occurs on other kit? More specifically BSB's plus boxes?
sanecyclist
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:47 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
I haven't noticed a connection between Sky3 and the dropped keypress issue, but I do find that Sky3 recordings don't play in MPEG Streamclip (with Quicktime Alternative) whereas everything else does.