Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Computer connections  ~  Batch converting files

Page 1 of 1
saleshark
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:00 am Reply with quote
Morning all,

First up apologies if this question has been answered before but i did some searching and couldnt find an answer.

My current situation is i have a mac mini connected to my tv, and also connected to my Toppy. What i currently do is if there's programs i want to keep, but i need to get them off my Toppy, i use MacTF to batch copy off all of the programs i want (i usually leave it 'downloading' them overnight).

I am then left with a collection of files in the .rec format that are unplayable on Quicktime. Now i know i could use VLC to watch the files, but i use Apple's Front Row, and it only supports Quicktime. So what i do is use MPEG Streamclip to convert each program to MP2. Thats fine, but if you've got a collection of programs, i dont have time to sit down and convert each one, so i was wondering if there was anyway of batch converting the files?

MPEG stream clip has the ability to copy straight from the Toppy to the Mac into MP2 format, which is great, but it only does this one at a time. Is there any way to line up a playlist of files for it to convert overnight?

Thanks

Saleshark
MikeyP
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:08 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Jan 2006 Posts: 4818
saleshark wrote:

MPEG stream clip has the ability to copy straight from the Toppy to the Mac into MP2 format, which is great, but it only does this one at a time. Is there any way to line up a playlist of files for it to convert overnight?

Thanks

Saleshark

you got the latest streamclip ? - this added batch processing iirc

Parts or Repair service for your poorly toppy/PSU - 'talk to me' Smile my name's Mike though, not Terry Tibbs Very Happy
saleshark
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:11 am Reply with quote
ahh, interesting. I thought i had the latest version, and i hadnt seen it.
I'll double check when i get hoime though.

So to batch convert is it as simple as just selecting multiple files through the altair folders thing?
MikeyP
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:15 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Jan 2006 Posts: 4818
http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-win.html
click the version changes on that page and it says added batch processing Idea Very Happy

Parts or Repair service for your poorly toppy/PSU - 'talk to me' Smile my name's Mike though, not Terry Tibbs Very Happy
saleshark
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:28 am Reply with quote
ahh i use the Mac version as opposed to the Windows one, however more annoyingly, it looks like it has supported batch processing for a while! Sorry for the time waster guys!