Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  Tap Launcher V3.10

Page 1 of 8
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
EMJB
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3463 Location: Maldon Essex
This TAP provides three additional ways to start a TAP which you do not wish to run from ?Auto Start?, as follows:

? With a single dedicated key per TAP, which can be set to either just launch the TAP or launch and activate it.

? With one dedicated key plus ?0? to ?5? to launch up to 6 TAPs - (changed to 0-19 & 10 in v3.6 onwards)

allowing you to reduce the memory requirements and avoid activation key clashes while still retaining easy access to the TAPs you use moderately often, and

? A timer function allows you to launch TAPs automatically daily, weekly, or monthly.

Further details see http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/emjbtaps/TapLauncher/TapLauncher.htm and for download http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/emjbtaps/TapLauncher/TapLauncher.zip.

Unfortunately it does not seem to work with Firmware version 5.13.39, for reasons that currently escape me.Edit - V3.1 onwards are Ok with this firmware

If you use this TAP, please ensure you are logged into the Services part of toppy.org.uksite, go to http://www.toppy.org.uk/downloads/info.php?tid=246 and then click on the large red tick at the top (or bottom) to register your interest. You will then receive e-mail notifications of updates, and we know how many people are using it (and hence whether it is worth developing further!). If there is a large cross, you have already registered.

Feedback via this thread please.

N.B. to A1 testers: A2 only changes name & on-screen messages

Last edited by EMJB on Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:51 pm; edited 12 times in total
chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:13 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9282 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi EMJB,

I have had this in Auto Start for a while now. Any chance of doing a non-alpha version with the splash screen disabled??

Cheers

CW

EMJB
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:27 pm Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:
Hi EMJB,

I have had this in Auto Start for a while now. Any chance of doing a non-alpha version with the splash screen disabled??

Cheers

CW

I've got a new one on the stocks, but was not going to release it till I had updated my firmware, and done some other minor changes. There are no changes to the basic operation, but it now has a key & Toppy state logging option, some MMI improvements (notable key selection simply by pressing the key you want to use). The splash screen duration is now the same length as the "TAP loading" messages, so can be set to zero.

Will send you a copy to try.

EMJB
eye of ra
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Dec 2005 Posts: 1012 Location: Sandhurst, Berkshire. Tx: Hannington.
This sounds like a very useful Tap, I?ve got quite a lot of taps not in auto start that are currently a pain to get to as I?ve got Toppy archive turned off in MS and I could move a Tap or two from autostart to programs.

chunkywizard wrote:
I have had this in Auto Start for a while now....

Reading CW?s sig this would indicate it now works with 5.13.39, is this the case?

AccurateBM 0.4 | EITDupFix.
TapLauncher: MeiSearch 1.37 | Media Manager 1.5 | Tap Commander 1.32 | HDFW 2.3a.
Updated:15-05-08
EMJB
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:26 pm Reply with quote
eye of ra wrote:
Reading CW?s sig this would indicate it now works with 5.13.39, is this the case?

I am having trouble updating Channel Manager to operate in a "OneList" compatible manner, and have deferred moving on from Bastille till I fix that. Suggest you give it a try. CW has a later version he is trying for me that I could let you have if you are desperate (pm an e-mail address).

EMJB
chunkywizard
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:03 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9282 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
what ever version I have got it works fine with .39!! I know the first version didn't but try it and see,

Cheers

CW

eye of ra
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:57 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Dec 2005 Posts: 1012 Location: Sandhurst, Berkshire. Tx: Hannington.
Had a little play last night with a few Taps (in between recordings) its going to be very useful.

?1 key? - Of the taps I tried they worked (will try a few more tonight), except Jukebox, which would not load/launch and then caused all sorts of problems, eventually causing a crash.

?2 key? - Can I confirm it?s supposed to work as ?1 key? and load/launch the Tap, or just load into memory, then requiring the Taps own launch key to be pressed?

TapLauncher: MeiSearch 1.37 | Media Manager 1.5 | Tap Commander 1.32 | HDFW 2.3a.
EMJB
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:38 pm Reply with quote
eye of ra wrote:
?1 key? - Of the taps I tried they worked (will try a few more tonight), except Jukebox, which would not load/launch and then caused all sorts of problems, eventually causing a crash.?

I'm sorry to say I haven't a clue what might be going wrong.

eye of ra wrote:
?2 key? - Can I confirm it?s supposed to work as ?1 key? and load/launch the Tap, or just load into memory, then requiring the Taps own launch key to be pressed?

The load & launch (or "activate" as I would prefer to call it as it is actually running before activation) option is only available on the one key launches, at present at least. I am dubious whether it would help because activation keys really need to be unique, and if the key is unique why not use it for a 1-Key launch? I have always thought of the 2-Key launches as being for "run & close" TAPs such as Channel Manager, Channel Remover, OneList, Radio Delete, etc rather than those that which stay resident such as MyStuff, MeiSearch, Screen Capture etc. However feedback on how you are using, and would like to use, it would be welcome so my prejudices don't get too much in the way of enhancements.

Hope these comments help,

EMJB
eye of ra
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Must admit I had not looked at it this way and can see what you mean about ?2 Key?.

?1 Key? works great if you have a few Taps but want to reduce memory.

?2 Key? allows easy access to rarely used Taps, of the type you?ve listed.

I had hoped though that not only could I reduce memory but also reduce the unique keys needed for not just the rarely used, but also the regular but not needed to be running all the time ones.

Add MeiSearch, MP3Jukebox, PhotoManager, Tap Commander and more to your list (many of which I also use) to the essential ones and the number of buttons runs out very quickly, I currently have something like 25 Taps in autostart and programfiles not including games.

A third option of a ?2 Key load and activate? key allocated to Tap Launcher would allow a reduction in memory and a reduction in keys, leaving only the essential taps running all the time.

EMJB
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:40 am Reply with quote
eye of ra wrote:
I currently have something like 25 Taps in autostart and programfiles not including games..
Shocked

eye of ra wrote:
A third option of a ?2 Key load and activate? key allocated to Tap Launcher would allow a reduction in memory and a reduction in keys, leaving only the essential taps running all the time.

Any such move will be a matter of weeks rather than days, but I remain concerned that you will still not get something that is useful as you would like. If you have so many, you will need to close down TAPs when you have finished with them, both to stay within the limit of 16 running TAPs and to allow re-use of the activation keys, never mind the memory implications. With many TAPs, closing down is as laborious as manual starting, so Tap Launcher would only solve half your problem. Adding a TAP closedown option for 2-key operation would be feasible, but only for the minority of TAPs that are TAP Commander aware. Any attempt to kill uncooperative TAPs is probably way beyond my skills, as well as risking crashing or corruption of that TAP's data.

A better strategy might be to allocate several TAPs to the same launch & activate key, and present this list in a "which do you want" menu when the key is pressed, together with a warning if any of those TAPS are already running.

I can only suggest that you let me have a list of all your TAPs, their activation keys (where needed), how you close them, and what launch key combination you would like so see if I can a way round your problems. It would also be nice to hear from others to see how many have similar problems.

EMJB
Miss_P
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:04 am Reply with quote
I have just started using this tap and I'm finding it very useful.

I agree with an earlier post that it would be good to have a less conspicuous message on start-up (or none at all).

I am currently using it for meisearch but would like to use it for Jukebox - I tried it last night and like eye of ra I can't get it to work. Taplauncher displays its message saying it is starting the tap but after this the button to which it is assigned then just performs its usual function - I tried with a couple of different keys.

Hope this problem can be resolved.

Best wishes,
Miss P.
garyo
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:13 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 24 Aug 2005 Posts: 368 Location: South Beds (Oxford txr)
Miss_P wrote:
I am currently using it for meisearch but would like to use it for Jukebox - I tried it last night and like eye of ra I can't get it to work. Taplauncher displays its message saying it is starting the tap but after this the button to which it is assigned then just performs its usual function - I tried with a couple of different keys

I'll give it a try with Jukebox in the next day or two. My suspicion is it has something to do with the key events being captured and then handled on a subsequent idle event rather than immediately (as advised by the TAP gurus) ...will post back here when I know more.

Gary
________
buy aromed vaporizer

Last edited by garyo on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
eye of ra
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:21 am Reply with quote
EMJB wrote:
Any such move will be a matter of weeks rather than days
No problem.

EMJB wrote:
but I remain concerned that you will still not get something that is useful as you would like. If you have so many, you will need to close down TAPs when you have finished with them, both to stay within the limit of 16 running TAPs and to allow re-use of the activation keys, never mind the memory implications. With many TAPs, closing down is as laborious as manual starting, so Tap Launcher would only solve half your problem. Adding a TAP closedown option for 2-key operation would be feasible, but only for the minority of TAPs that are TAP Commander aware. Any attempt to kill uncooperative TAPs is probably way beyond my skills, as well as risking crashing or corruption of that TAP's data.
A close down option, for me at least, is probably not necessary. Taps like onelist, channel remover, radiodelete etc are use once then forget till the next reset/scan. Taps like PhotoManager, Jukebox, MeiSearch and games are use when needed, then either close them down or the Toppy gets turned off . With the 13 in my sig running I?ve plenty of memory and I can?t see me needing to run an extra 3 at the same time, 4 if JB would work.

Running MeiSearch in auto start (where it used to be) does however bring memory down quite a bit, which is why this tap is so useful.

EMJB wrote:
A better strategy might be to allocate several TAPs to the same launch & activate key, and present this list in a "which do you want" menu when the key is pressed, together with a warning if any of those TAPS are already running.
I was actually thinking along the same lines this morning, One key allocated to TL to access a popup listing taps would allow a much greater number of taps to be easily accessed and you wouldn?t have to remember which key you had allocated to each.

EMJB wrote:
I can only suggest that you let me have a list of all your TAPs, their activation keys (where needed), how you close them, and what launch key combination you would like so see if I can a way round your problems
I?ll do a full list when I get home.

EMJB
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:03 pm Reply with quote
eye of ra wrote:
Taps like onelist, channel remover, radiodelete etc are use once then forget till the next reset/scan.
but they don't need activation after launch either.

Look forward to getting your full list.

EMJB
EMJB
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Version 3.1 now available. As before, for further details see http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/emjbtaps/TapLauncher/TapLauncher.htm and for download http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/emjbtaps/TapLauncher.zip.

Major changes since V2 include:

V3.0 - Adds Logging option for all keystrokes with Toppy state also recorded.
- Adds direct entry of Launch & Function keys.
- Key names should be identified correctly for all models.
- Now works with more firmware versions, including TF5800 5.13.39.
- Weekly timer display entered as day name rather than day number.
- Load screen abbreviated to ?ini? read time plus current value of TAP loading message duration

V3.1 - Adds compatibility with ?exTAP KeyExtend()?, but this has not been tested.
- Additional logging of loading process
- NLS (No Load Screen) version added.

If you use this TAP, or just want to be notifed of updates, please ensure you have registered in the Services part of toppy.org.uksite, go to http://www.toppy.org.uk/downloads/info.php?tid=246 and then click on the large red tick at the top (or bottom) to register your interest. You will then receive e-mail notifications of updates, and we know how many people are using it (and hence whether it is worth developing further!). If there is a large cross, you have already registered.

EMJB