Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  General Toppy discussions  ~  Hints and tips

Page 1 of 1
Stuart_Burns
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 21 Mar 2005 Posts: 94
A couple of things which I've come across:

During playback, press the number keys to enter a percentage of the recording to jump to (eg press 5 then 0 to be taken half way through the recording)

Whien in PinP mode, press the white key to select a channel to show in the small picture.

A couiple of things I haven't worked out yet - is there an easy way of recording a programme including what is already in the buffer?

Is there a way to move up and down through the channels in the small PinP without selecting one using the method I mentioned above?
groovyf
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 433 Location: Halifax, Emley Moor transmitter
[quote author=Stuart_Burns link=board=11;num=1112281666;start=0#0 date=03/31/05 at 16:07:45]is there an easy way of recording a programme including what is already in the buffer?[/quote]

I think I read: Use the playback button to bring up the progress bar (timeshifting needs to be ON), zap all the way back to the beginning, then press Record.

Chrisdafur
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 21 Mar 2005 Posts: 86
[quote author=groovyf link=board=11;num=1112281666;start=0#1 date=03/31/05 at 16:38:45]

I think I read: Use the playback button to bring up the progress bar (timeshifting needs to be ON), zap all the way back to the beginning, then press Record.
[/quote]

Yeah that sounds about right, I know I tried last night but didnt rewind so it only took it from the spot is was playing.
tonymy01
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:02 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 23 Mar 2005 Posts: 243 Location: Sydney, Australia. Toppy 5K owner.
Recording a show that is already in the buffer, simple, menu, recording, choose "current event" rather than "quick" and then start.
I mention this twice on that other big thread I believe.
Also, to go back to the beginning of the timeshift buffer, you can hold down the RW key rather than quickly dab it (quickly dabbing only toggles 1x2x3xRW which is as slow as buggery) and this will save a keypress or three.
Regards