Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  Remember - keep up to date with your TAPs!

Page 1 of 1
nwhitfield
Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:35 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9567 Location: London
In case you're not aware - and we do have a lot of fairly recent new members - one of the features this site offers is automatic email notification when there's a new version of a TAP or one of the other software downloads that might be useful with your Toppy.

To take avantage of this, you need to do two things:

First, activate site Services, which you can do simply by clicking the button that says Services towards the top right of the forum page. The first time you use it, you'll be asked to enter your forum user name and password.

Then, you can enter an email address at which you want to receive notifications of updates - please don't leave it blank; we don't automatically use your forum address.

(You can also set some other site preferences too, on the same page).

After you've done that, when you browse the lists of TAPs and other software on this site, you'll see a tick mark at the top of the More info box for each package; just click the Tick to add it to your download list, and you'll be automatically emailed when a new version of the software is available.

The tick with turn into a cross, which you can click to remove a TAP from your list if you want, and you can always go straight to your list of selected software - handy if you want to get the latest versions of everything - by choosing "Personalised download list" from the menu below the Services button on the forum pages, or 'Download your files' from the 'Click for more' menu on other site pages.

Nigel.

Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:41 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 Oct 2005 Posts: 568 Location: Winchester Transmitter: Rowridge
Nigel...

A suggestion: Is it possible to sort your "Personalised download list" so that the TAPs are listed in date changed order, with the latest updates at the top ?

At the moment the list is presented in alphabetical TAP name order, which is less intuitive when looking for the latest updates.

Thanks... Del

HD PVR: Humax HDR-FoxT2
[Profile last updated 09Jan2012]
sebw
Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:01 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 Apr 2005 Posts: 293 Location: Southampton
I agree that it would be more useful to order the TAPs by 'date changed'.

bacoms
Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 23 Feb 2006 Posts: 57
nwhitfield wrote:

To take avantage of this, you need to do two things:

First, activate site Services, which you can do simply by clicking the button that says Services towards the top right of the forum page. The first time you use it, you'll be asked to enter your forum user name and password.

I'm unable to find anywhere a button that says 'Services'. Could you be a bit more specific please.

Bryan
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5955 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Does the button become visible when you click the Toppy.org.uk logo at the top of the Forum page?

Since I'm already subscribed I suspect that what I see is different to someone that has yet to go through the process.

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
billmars
Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Sep 2005 Posts: 761
It may depend on what 'Board Style' you have selected in your 'Profile'.
I'm using 'Toppy Large' and 'Site Services' appears top right under the Toppy.org.uk banner.

5800 Samsung 1Tb Autostart TAPs: Extend 1.7;TSRCommander 1.5;TF5000 Display 1.53;EPG2MEI 0.95;MyStuff 6.6;QuickJump 1.72;Power Down 0.75;SecCache 0.4;TSSaver 0.4;MHEG Control B2;eit_sub_sng 0.6 Transmitter: Belmont Extras: as2mei (via NSLU2)
bacoms
Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:22 pm Reply with quote
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
Does the button become visible when you click the Toppy.org.uk logo at the top of the Forum page?

No, but when I click on the logo to go to the home page and then select 'Change your settings', I can see that at some time in the past I must have checked the 'Notify of new software' box.

However unchecking this box, updating these settings, logging off and then logging back on does not cause the 'Services' button to become visible.
bacoms
Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:19 am Reply with quote
billmars wrote:
It may depend on what 'Board Style' you have selected in your 'Profile'.
I'm using 'Toppy Large' and 'Site Services' appears top right under the Toppy.org.uk banner.

You're right. I was using Toppy2 and it doesn't appear. Trying all the board styles, 'Site Services' shows for 'Nosebleed', 'ToppyLarge' and 'ToppySideways' but not for 'subSilver' and 'Toppy2'.
clemenzina
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:46 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Jan 2009 Posts: 114 Location: Crystal Palace Tx
Having been battling with a poor video stream from a bird's nest for the past 20 hours, the absence of "Services" in the stated place has nearly tipped me over the edge. I was on Toppy2 - not because I ever chose it, I'm sure. Perhaps the OP could include guidance for victims of the "wrong" display.

clemenzina Crying or Very sad

Sig generated by MyInfo on 10/8/10