Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff and removing channels

Page 1 of 1
evil_twin
Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty new to all this so go easy. I got my 160gig Toppy just over a week ago and am extremely happy with it. I was under the impression from reading here and other places that I wouldn't think that much of it until I had installed various TAPs etc.

However, this has not been my experience and I thought the machine was absolutely wonderful straight out of the box. The interface is slightly clunky but is simple and straightforward, and most importantly very usable.

Anyway, yesterday I had some time so I decided to move ahead and install some TAPs and see what the fuss was about. I've installed MyStuff, eit2mei, mcgCYTRResume, RemoteExtender and TAPCommander. They are all working fine.

The most annoying thing however is that I have to look at all the channels. Previously I had a favorite list with only the channels I wanted to look at on it. The effectiveness of the new MyStuff EPG is somewhat deminished because I have to look at loads of channel information I have no interest in.

I have hunted around for some time but haven't been able to solve the issue, so here I am with what is probably a super easy question! Can I remove channels from the MyStuff EPG? Can I make it work with my favorite channel list? Good as it is, I'll probably go back to the default channel list if I have to scroll through QVC, UKTV Gold, 301, 302, 303 etc etc one more time.

Thanks!
arndale
Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 06 Apr 2006 Posts: 78
Have at look at the MyStuff manual. You can get to it via the MyStuff page at http://www.bobdsmystuff.co.uk/

That explains what to do to get your favourite channels.

Dean
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5889 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Moving thread to the TAPs section. Very Happy

Please have a read of post below in connection with making further posts:-

http://www.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4287

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
MikeyP
Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Jan 2006 Posts: 4816
evil_twin wrote:
The effectiveness of the new MyStuff EPG is somewhat deminished because I have to look at loads of channel information I have no interest in.

Can't you just delete the channels you will never watch? , it's what I did soon after tuning (but I don't use Mystuff TAP)
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5889 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
That's an option, but a factory reset or a rescan will put them back. With a MyStuff Favourites list you can just ignore anything you don't want.

All EPG and P+/P- functions then work according to your Fav's list (assuming you've got Remote Extender installed too).

Plus the added option of being able to select "All Channels" for those odd times when you might need to look outside your main Fav's list.

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
evil_twin
Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Hyde: I toyed with posting in either the TAPs or the new users forum, and chose the slightly wronger option, so thanks for moving Very Happy

All: Thanks for pointing me in the obvious direction. I did search the MyStuff manual but must have typoed the search term because I didn't find it. I'll be sorted once I can bring the toppy upstairs to the computer again by the looks of it. This should be exactly what the doctor ordered!

Thanks all.

Edit: Got it working now, obviously all trouble free. I'm liking this setup a lot now.
nwood
Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 29 Mar 2006 Posts: 343 Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Hi evil_twin,

I only discovered this recently, but you can also choose the order in which the channels are displayed in the MyStuff EPG, just by changing the order of the numbers in your list. For example, I found it easier to move E4+1 adjacent to E4, and More4+1 adjacent to More4.

Cheers,