Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  Jags EPG v3.0 Pre-Beta 3

Page 5 of 11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Paul Webster
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:09 am Reply with quote
Aborigine was kind enough to send me a note about his success with using DABDig and this time-limited beta of Jag's EPG in LCN mode.

If anyone else wants to run it this way then it just needs 4 simple changes to the dabdig.ini file.

The potential benefit for an existing user is that new channels coming to the platform or any more channel renumbering have an even better chance of working without further update.

(note if the BBS software wraps the lines below - you must unwrap before use)

The changes to the dabdig.ini are:
TopfieldViaJagFindChanName from 1 to 0
TopfieldViaJagChanLength from 4 to 6

TopfieldViaJagSyntaxRec from
Command.AddTimer:$CP,$DY-$DM-$DD,$DH:$DN,$LH:$LN,$MO,OT,Rec;$TI
to
Command.AddTimerEXT:LCN$CP|$DY-$DM-$DD,$DH:$DN,$LH:$LN,def,def,def,OT,Rec;$TI

TopfieldViaJagSyntaxPlay from
Command.AddTimer:$CP,$DY-$DM-$DD,$DH:$DN,$LH:$LN,$MO,OT,-P-;$TI
to
Command.AddTimerEXT:LCN$CP|$DY-$DM-$DD,$DH:$DN,$LH:$LN,def,def,def,OT,-P-;$TI

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Hi!

Im using Jags Epg with the EPG uploader and have a problem with Jags Epg not showing my channel numbers in the menu. When i press guide to open JAGS menu it shows the day and date (We 1.03) and 0. + my channel name - for example: We 1.03 0. BBC Prime. It shows 0 for all my channels. When i use the Toppys EPG it shows correct numbers (if i select channel 9 on my toppy -it shows: 9 BBC Prime -in JAGS EPG it shows 0. BBC Prime

Any clues?
Happy
Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Apr 2005 Posts: 112 Location: Germany
nwhitfield wrote:

Can you specify multiple days for a search command in the ini file? For example, can you specify tuesday and thursday, or do you have to rely on the weekdays, weekends options and so on?

Unless there is a really hidden feature you cannot specify multiple days.
But you can specify two search entries of the same search word, one for tuesday one for thursday.
The same applies if you want to search on two channels e.g. 3 and 7.

Regards,
Till

TF4000PVR
odvdveer
Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Mar 2005 Posts: 121 Location: Netherlands
Yansoch wrote:
Hi!

Im using Jags Epg with the EPG uploader and have a problem with Jags Epg not showing my channel numbers in the menu. When i press guide to open JAGS menu it shows the day and date (We 1.03) and 0. + my channel name - for example: We 1.03 0. BBC Prime. It shows 0 for all my channels. When i use the Toppys EPG it shows correct numbers (if i select channel 9 on my toppy -it shows: 9 BBC Prime -in JAGS EPG it shows 0. BBC Prime

Any clues?
If you have a satellite toppy you'll get this if you show lcn's. Somewhere in the menu you can enable/disable use of LCN or disable that you have a 5800. (I am at work so I can not check the exact menu)

Olga

Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2005 Posts: 863 Location: Spalding, Lincs, UK
simonc wrote:
No manual yet, but based on recent experience and paraphasing a page translation:

NEW: Jag's EPG can be deactivated in radio mode

Yet to try this new version; does the above mean that there's no Radio EPG support as there was under 2.7c?

Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:14 am Reply with quote
moley6knipe wrote:

Yet to try this new version; does the above mean that there's no Radio EPG support as there was under 2.7c?

You can use the 2.7c Radio Version with the new 3.0 for TV.
I guess the option you are referring to, is an option to make it possible to run both versions.

Regards,
Till

TF4000PVR
tichtich
Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:10 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 May 2005 Posts: 1389 Location: Eastbourne, UK
Hi. I haven't updated to version 3.0 yet, as I'm waiting for other guinea pigs to do the testing. Wink But I have just started following this thread.

jumbo wrote:
Richard Wein (aka tichtich), who wrote the excellent JAG 2.x guide, might feel inclined to update that to reflect version 3 changes

I'm afraid I won't be updating the manual until after I start using version 3.0, which may not be for a while. If the on-screen displays look substantially different from version 2.7, I suppose I'll have to produce a new set of screen shots. Crying or Very sad

If anyone else would like to take over the chore of updating the manual from me, you'd be very welcome!

Firmware: 5.13.65 (patched). Auto Start TAPs: TapCommander 1.0.2, Power Down 0.6, DescriptionExtender 2.2, mei2archive 3.8I3, Automove 1.8, QuickJump 1.54, Improbox 2.1RC8, Jag's EPG 3.0b3 (TV & radio), Media Manager 1.5, MHEG Control A2g, Extend 1.7. PC apps: DGtoTop 1.1. Profile last updated 13/05/2009
jumbo
Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Apr 2005 Posts: 4733
Richard

JAG 3.x options are 90% as in 2.7. The extra options are actually fairly simple to incorporate into the current manual and are not difficult to understand for existing JAGites.

As for the "beta" status of the software - it sure as hell is the best behaved beta I've seen running on the Toppy! There was a glitch with Description Extender which has been sorted by SimonC and JAG!

I recommend you switch to v3.x. Apart from having to delete the OLD buffer file the new version kicks in effortlessly (it has for me anyway)

I'd volunteer for the update but it might require some interaction with JAG (whose English is darn better than my German) who might prefer an "old" German speaking chum!

Go on! Surely you don't want M***f world domination Wink
LordCake
Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 03 Jul 2005 Posts: 217 Location: Manchester
Happy wrote:
moley6knipe wrote:

You can use the 2.7c Radio Version with the new 3.0 for TV.
I guess the option you are referring to, is an option to make it possible to run both versions.

Regards,
Till
But what happens when the 2.7c Radio Version expires in April? Does v3.0 of Jags support radio?

Model: TF5800PVR F/ware: 5.13.65EfNfCyXpXwSXlUUuHPTCeGmSrUxEsRs Xmitter: Winter Hill Q: ~100% S: 76-95% Aerial: Group C/D bandpass filter Taps: MyStuff v4.54d, RemoteExtender v1.5, deselect v1.0Connected: Toppy<->undeclocked debianSLUG + iguanaIR running: ftpd-topfield, rt2mei, bleb2tie & lirc
EPG data for radio channels: http://my.opera.com/bleb2tie/
Happy
Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:57 pm Reply with quote
LordCake wrote:
But what happens when the 2.7c Radio Version expires in April? Does v3.0 of Jags support radio?

The current version 3.0 prebeta 3 will expire on the same day, so you will have a problem anyway.
Jag said that he will also offer a Radio version based on 3.0. Of course, only after sorting out the bugs of the new version.
I'm pretty sure that he will either bring new versions by the date of expiry, or republish the older version with a new expiry date. (The German board is full of Jag's enthusaists who will force him to do so Laughing )

Regards,
Till

TF4000PVR
humphrey1
Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Feb 2006 Posts: 203 Location: Hannington
I will preface my remarks by saying that I find the new v3 (beta), particularly with Description Extender, a significant improvement over 2.7 and a great TAP.

I have experienced a glitch with the new beta. I haven't yet been able to establish exactly when/why it occurs but it relates to searches.
I am also running Description Extender with the relevant JAGs option set to 'On'.

Sometimes after performing a temporary search, on exiting to the previous JAGs search screen (where you can amend the various parameters such as the timer window/channel range to search in) the times do not show as 12:59 or whatever but as a long string of numbers XXXXX.... Also the Search name will have changed to be the start of the programme info rather than the programme name.
Exiting at this stage appears to cause no further problem but attempting to execute the search again I have had the Toppy crash and reboot.
jumbo
Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:46 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Apr 2005 Posts: 4733
@humphrey1: Did you perform a clean install of version 3? i.e. did you delete ALL previous JAG files APART from the search file? If not do it!
moley6knipe
Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2005 Posts: 863 Location: Spalding, Lincs, UK
Here's a thing. The new 3.x version has a menu option for use EPG for TV only, off/on, or something like that. If set to Off, and without a Radio version of 2.7c running, the new 3.x version does indeed work when the Toppy is in radio mode.

Does anyone know if there's any way to set overnight scan for radio as well as TV using 3.x? Or is this feature still to be developed?

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 10 May 2005 Posts: 57
Quote:
Here's a thing. The new 3.x version has a menu option for use EPG for TV only, off/on, or something like that.

Yes, this version does have limited support for Radio - it shows information for the channel that is currently being listened to.

You still need the radio version of 2.7 if you would like to do searching - then you need to disable Jags 3.0 in radio mode to access the radio version.

I have done this - it works well - and have recorded and transferred to my ipod, all the afternoon plays on R4 as a result.

I think there are plans for a 3.0 radio version, but seen no rumours of a plan to combine the two.

Colin
Frank_Keane
Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 16 May 2005 Posts: 243 Location: South London
humphrey1 wrote:
Sometimes after performing a temporary search, on exiting to the previous JAGs search screen (where you can amend the various parameters such as the timer window/channel range to search in) the times do not show as 12:59 or whatever but as a long string of numbers XXXXX.... Also the Search name will have changed to be the start of the programme info rather than the programme name.
Exiting at this stage appears to cause no further problem but attempting to execute the search again I have had the Toppy crash and reboot.

I have experienced the same problem. (Repeatable)

Taps (Manual):
Tap Commander v1.1: Recording Fixer v1.3: Test Patterns v1.0: Minimax Chess: Poker v1.1: Snake v1.3: Sudoku v1.3