Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Computer connections  ~  ftpd-topfield, features and Bugs, Where is the source kept?

Page 1 of 1
stuaxo
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:00 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 10 Feb 2008 Posts: 25
Where is the source for ftpd-topfield kept?

Also, what is the best way to make bug reports and feature requests?
I wonder if it's worth putting it up on google code or sourceforge ?

In the meantime heres my feature request:
Recovery if running and topfield connection lost,
If I power cycle the toppy and refresh the ftp window, in Windows Vista it says:
Details:
200 Type set to A:
277 Entering Passive Mode (x.x.x.x)
550 (null): Unexpected response
kermit
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:20 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 01 Jun 2005 Posts: 972 Location: Brisbane, Australia
Try here http://birdman.dynalias.org/Toppy/R2-D2/

TF5000PVRt 500GB March '09 f/w
msteveb
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:43 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 21 Jun 2005 Posts: 96 Location: Brisbane, Australia
It's already on sourceforge as part of the 'puppy' project.

See the bottom of http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Puppy/HomePage for details.

What are you running ftpd-topfield on?

stuaxo
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:30 pm Reply with quote
msteveb wrote:
It's already on sourceforge as part of the 'puppy' project.

See the bottom of http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Puppy/HomePage for details.

Cool - the version at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/puppy/files/
Has ftpd-topfield version 0.7.4, I wonder if it would be possible to get R2D2s version 0.7.7n version 'blessed' as the official version (and merged up onto sourceforge with the patches).

msteveb wrote:

What are you running ftpd-topfield on?

Running on an Arm based kurobox pro with debian lenny.
(When I say running I haven't got everything totally seamless yet by a long way).
birdman
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Dec 2006 Posts: 1651 Location: Hitchin, HERTS Tx: Sandy Heath
stuaxo wrote:
Has ftpd-topfield version 0.7.4, I wonder if it would be possible to get R2D2s version 0.7.7n version 'blessed' as the official version (and merged up onto sourceforge with the patches).
I sent the 0.7.7n patches to Steve Bennett last December. He had an issue with the fact that the changes prevent 2 clients interlacing calls to the same toppy.

Toppy: TF5800PVR/250 - Black, now 1TB WD10EURX
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -FmVrXp+BmC0CbFsIPsUUuWfZXl,
Loader: C5.14, Hardware: 1.01
TAPs: SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; FontManager 1.0d; QuickJump 1.71; MhegOnOff(Now1) A3; EIT Sub v0.6; MyStuff 6.5
USB connected: SheevaPlug with Debian wheezy
Sig mostly from MyInfo on 26/10/09
stuaxo
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:12 am Reply with quote
birdman wrote:
stuaxo wrote:
I sent the 0.7.7n patches to Steve Bennett last December. He had an issue with the fact that the changes prevent 2 clients interlacing calls to the same toppy.

Interesting... so can 0.7.4 do the interlacing ?

Do you know the last version that could do it... if not + you can point me to set of patches or versions from 0.7.4 to 0.7.7n and I can try and do some testing to find out where it stopped working.

I'm interested in having a look at this, (or at least having a go at understanding the issues to start with).
msteveb
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:15 am Reply with quote
stuaxo wrote:
birdman wrote:
stuaxo wrote:

Interesting... so can 0.7.4 do the interlacing ?

Do you know the last version that could do it... if not + you can point me to set of patches or versions from 0.7.4 to 0.7.7n and I can try and do some testing to find out where it stopped working.

I'm interested in having a look at this, (or at least having a go at understanding the issues to start with).

The latest official version is 0.7.7. Use cvs to get the latest version, not the 'files' area. I never update that. This version has the interlacing. It is a very important feature for me which is why I didn't integrate birdman's changes.

R2-D2
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:53 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
birdman wrote:
He had an issue with the fact that the changes prevent 2 clients interlacing calls to the same toppy.
I think your changes far outweigh the benefit of that. Having two Toppys and downloading simultaneously from both of them to the same PC, each with robust connections and the client being able to "know" which Toppy is which, is what works best for me, and I'm indebted to birdman for the updates.

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Dec 2006 Posts: 1651 Location: Hitchin, HERTS Tx: Sandy Heath
http://birdman.dynalias.org/Toppy/R2-D2/ has a copy of the 0.7.7 ftpd-topfield source and patches to add the use of libusb and scan for devices by id etc.
With the patches applied you can build it in one of 3 ways. Original dev scan, old dev scan using libusb - with lock files, new dev scan - no lock files (so no interlacing). It's described on that page (which you can read again as I've just re-seated the USB Wifi dongle back in that was dislodged with a duster this morning...)

Toppy: TF5800PVR/250 - Black, now 1TB WD10EURX
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -FmVrXp+BmC0CbFsIPsUUuWfZXl,
Loader: C5.14, Hardware: 1.01
TAPs: SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; FontManager 1.0d; QuickJump 1.71; MhegOnOff(Now1) A3; EIT Sub v0.6; MyStuff 6.5
USB connected: SheevaPlug with Debian wheezy
Sig mostly from MyInfo on 26/10/09
msteveb
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quote
R2-D2 wrote:
birdman wrote:
He had an issue with the fact that the changes prevent 2 clients interlacing calls to the same toppy.
I think your changes far outweigh the benefit of that. Having two Toppys and downloading simultaneously from both of them to the same PC, each with robust connections and the client being able to "know" which Toppy is which, is what works best for me, and I'm indebted to birdman for the updates.

And that's the beauty of open source. Use whichever version suits you better.

If someone provides a patch which supports both behaviours, I would be happy
to apply it.