Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Computer connections  ~  Toppy guide - burning DVDs with a Mac

Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
eden
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Hi. I'm trying to burn dvds following the guide but although Sizzle downloads correctly and the application opens, it just won't give me a NEW pg to do anything with. Have deleted and downloaded 3 times from diff sources now - any ideas?

I've got a Core Duo Intel mac running on OSX 10.4.11.
simo
Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:31 am Reply with quote
Hello!
You guys might be interested in this iTV2DVD program I've made. It makes archiving your Topfield recordings on a DVD very easy. It even generates a simple menu and includes subtitles and multiple audio tracks.

http://www.iki.fi/simo.potinkara/itv2dvd/
candleuk
Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Have you tried selecting "Convert only one audio track" in streamclip Preferences? This fixed the problem for me, with a setup exactly like yours.

bgw wrote:
Hi,

I've been following the very helpful guide to burning a DVD using my MacBook.

Strangely enough Dr. Who and using MpegStreamClip & Sizzle it worked a treat.

However when I tried to do a similar thing for the film Sean of the Dead off from ITV2. I've tried to convert the film to a MPEG and I can't get the audio to playback on Quicktime, but it's fine on MEPG StreamClip and VLC. I don't want to burn it yet,but instead store it as a MPEG and perhaps use iSquint to load it to my iPod.

I was wondering if it is similar to when I use to use ProjectX to de-mux a film it would produce two audio files and sometimes the audio track appeared in one or the other depending on the TV channel.

Is there a way to select this the audio track in MPEGStreamClip or it is something else that I need to live with and use Project X to demux and recombine?

Many thank,

Brian
kermit
Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:52 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 01 Jun 2005 Posts: 972 Location: Brisbane, Australia
simo wrote:
You guys might be interested in this iTV2DVD program I've made. It makes archiving your Topfield recordings on a DVD very easy. It even generates a simple menu and includes subtitles and multiple audio tracks.

http://www.iki.fi/simo.potinkara/itv2dvd/

This is a fantastic program. I've used it several times to build dvds for friends and family.

TF5000PVRt 500GB March '09 f/w