Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  Another unrecognised error - looping

Page 1 of 1
YorkshireJumbo
Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 16 Sep 2005 Posts: 677
I was in the middle of watching a recording while 2 programmes were being recorded. It must have been around the time when the first recording finished that I got a series of MS message boxes. The first one or two were "Information Memory Deallocation Error 160" followed by numerous boxes with "Information Memory Deallocation Error 161". After some time, it came up with another one or two 160 errors, followed by numerous 161 errors. There's a short video here.

I tried to stop playback, but it was unresponsive. Exit closes the window, but another pops up immediately. I cannot regain control of the Toppy, so I guess I just have to wait till it sorts itself out or crashes Sad

TAPs: MS 6.6 Suite, UK OZ Surfer
YorkshireJumbo
Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 16 Sep 2005 Posts: 677
Well it's crashed and restarted. It seems that both recordings were due to finish at the same time (18:06), and both appear complete. I've played them from the second playback marker, and they play fine. Looking at the archive, one of them finished at 18:09, though the playback marker is present some time before the end, so I don't think it was trying to extend the recording.

I did have a quick look for those errors, but couldn't find anything. This is the second "weird" MS error I've had this year. I've got over 9Mb and less than 40 channels, so I shouldn't be pushing it too hard.

[Edit]Just found this thread from last month, which has the same problem. My toppy is shut down at 11pm every night and is woken at midday by the EPG timer

TAPs: MS 6.6 Suite, UK OZ Surfer