Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Bugs  ~  d4.56 displayed after shutdown

Page 1 of 1
YorkshireJumbo
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:22 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 16 Sep 2005 Posts: 682
Just had a weird one. I shut the toppy down a bit early as I was going to bed, and it misbehaved - stopped responding to keypresses with something strange displayed on the front panel which looked like a cross between the MS "Delayed" message and the time. Sat like that for a while with the screen blank and not responding to my attempts to revive it. In the end, I pressed the power button again and it did shutdown.

Left it a couple of minutes and powered it back on. All seemed to be fine: it responded as well as normal and I thought it might just have been "one of those things". So I shut it down: it came up with the usual MS popup and front panel text, and then powered off as usual. The only strange thing was that it was displaying "d4.56" on the front panel instead of the time. At this point I unplugged it from the mains and left it a few minutes before plugging it back in.

I've searched for d4.56 without success. Has anyone seen anything similar, or does anyone have any ideas what might have happened? All the caps were done by andyfras a couple of years ago.

TAPs: MS 6.6 Suite, UK OZ Surfer
alan_m
Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Oct 2006 Posts: 3443
YorkshireJumbo wrote:

I've searched for d4.56 without success. Has anyone seen anything similar, or does anyone have any ideas what might have happened? All the caps were done by andyfras a couple of years ago.

Possibly the loader version that is displayed during booting.

The loader info can be found in the Toppy Menu -> Information -> System Info -> Loader Version

See last entry in
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/toppytools/errors.html