Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  New users start here  ~  Welcome

Page 1 of 1
Admin
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 16 Apr 2005 Posts: 67 Location: London, UK
Welcome to the new areas user. We hope this section of the forum will help newcomers to get to grips with their Toppy, and provide answers to some of the questions that you may have before buying one.<br><br>For a general overview of some of the questions that you may have about the Toppy, we really do suggest that you check the site FAQs before posting a question, at http://www.toppy.org.uk/faq.php
nwhitfield
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9566 Location: London
To help make it easier to find information, this site now has a search page, and a revised set of FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions).

Please help us to help you by using the search page before posting - you may find the answer to your problem is already somewhere on the site.

You can access the search page by clicking on this link. Just type some words into the search box, and choose which parts of the site you want to check through.

We also have a lot of FAQs, and you can access some of those directly by clicking the FAQs about ... drop down menu above the forums; you'll also find downloadable guides there too, and we hope you'll find them helpful.

Wherever you see the magnifying glass icon throughout the site, you can click on it to go to the search page - please use it to try and find information, before posting in the forums.

Thanks,

Nigel.

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9566 Location: London
I'd like to add a couple of extra points to the welcome for new users, if I may.

Firstly, please can I remind people that you can find the answers to many questions by clicking on the menus above the forum, especially the FAQs about... and TAPs for ... menus.

Secondly, every week, I get a few emails asking me personally for help and assistance. Much as I'd like to help, it really is best to post in the forums - there are many helpful people here, plenty of whom wil be able to give you a better answer than I can. It's also very likely that you'll get your answer far faster - sometimes it takes days or weeks for me to respond to emails.

And finally, the site has now been running on our new server for around a month, and I hope long term users will notice that it's much faster and more responsive. For those who don't know already, the site is run entirely on a voluntary basis; unfortunately, hosting companies don't accept payment on that basis, and it costs me real money to provide this site. You can find details of how to donate towards the running costs at http://www.toppy.org.uk/donate.php#money

Thanks,

Nigel.