Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  Olympics has broken MS searches - FIXED (I think!)

Page 1 of 1
BubblenSqueak
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 10 Mar 2006 Posts: 67 Location: Hampshire
Since adding a search for "Olympics" (FLAG only), I now get an "OK" box come up on every search that MS does that says "Information" and "Aborted".

I added the search last Friday, which gave me a total of 500+ timers listed with no problems (including my normal timers)

During the week the info box started to come up, so I changed the search setting K1 from 8 days to lower with success.

Now I have had to change K1 to 2 days and it still comes up even though there is only 90 odd timers visible.

I did get the starting 500+ timers lower by changing the search to "Olympic~Sportsday~Breakfast", but that shouldn't cause this "Abort" problem.

Help!! We still have another 7 days of this!

Last edited by BubblenSqueak on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total

TAPs: PcControl B1.3; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; TF5000 Display v1.53; EPG2MEI v0.96; Standby v1.8; Extend v1.7; Font Manager 1.0d; MHEG On/Off A3; QuickJump 1.72; MyInfo B5.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; MyStuff 6.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 27/9/13
alan_m
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:46 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Oct 2006 Posts: 3147 Location: Southchurch Village, Southend-on-Sea
BubblenSqueak wrote:
Since adding a search for "Olympics" (FLAG only), I now get an "OK" box come up on every search that MS does that says "Information" and "Aborted".

I added the search last Friday, which gave me a total of 500+ timers listed with no problems (including my normal timers)

During the week the info box started to come up, so I changed the search setting K1 from 8 days to lower with success.

Now I have had to change K1 to 2 days and it still comes up even though there is only 90 odd timers visible.

I did get the starting 500+ timers lower by changing the search to "Olympic~Sportsday~Breakfast", but that shouldn't cause this "Abort" problem.

Help!! We still have another 7 days of this!

The Toppy may be running out of memory as a result of attempting to set so many timers.

How much RAM on the Toppy do you have left?
If you run MYInfo and look at the text report you will see an result for the amount of disk space that is free. On the line above, or below (I can't remember which order it is reported) you will see a figure for the amount of memory free/available - this is the RAM figure. It will be less than 20Mbytes but if it is approaching 3Mbytes, or less, then you may have stability problems with you Toppy.

BubblenSqueak
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:50 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 10 Mar 2006 Posts: 67 Location: Hampshire
Just used MyInfo 5.6 and it tells me there is 9mb free where as pre-Olympics it was 12.6mb.

Ok, while running some tests this morning, I think I have found the problem.

Also adding the "Olympics" timer, I had upgraded PcControl to B1 and putting it back into the AutoStart folder. It was put as the last item to run.

This is what seems to be causing the problem, as I have moved it to be the first item to run and I now don't get the info box even with 8 days of searches...

ALL FIXED!!

TAPs: PcControl B1.3; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; TF5000 Display v1.53; EPG2MEI v0.96; Standby v1.8; Extend v1.7; Font Manager 1.0d; MHEG On/Off A3; QuickJump 1.72; MyInfo B5.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; MyStuff 6.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 27/9/13
juwlz
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10327 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
BubblenSqueak wrote:
That usually occurs when MyStuff has a number of clashes and has run out of puff trying to reschedule things to get a combination that will work. However, Flag timers wouldn't be causing clashes at all, as they're not setting timers, so I'm guessing that it was just lack of memory. Having said that, 9mb free should have been plenty. Oh well - JOOT.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012