Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  Unable to configure taps

Page 1 of 1
per-Sony-fied
Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Jan 2007 Posts: 114 Location: Essex
Currently running Mystuff 6.4 which is fine but the other taps I have installed are not configurable via the "exit" button when pressed. Only the Tap screen comes up and says they are all enabled. I am unable to select any individual tap via the up/down arrow buttons.

The Taps I need to configure are Improbox (just installed, would like to have a play with it) and TF5000 display.

Is it Tap commander that allows this to happen? This is installed.
juwlz
Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:30 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10333 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
a) TapCommander needs to be running, not just installed (it's the second biggest user of memory on my machine when running (albeit a long way behind MyStuff), so I wouldn't recommend putting it in Auto Start, given that you only need it once in a blue moon, so you'll need to run it manually)
b) you need the Menu buton, not Exit to bring up the screen. Here's the TAP Commander web page

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
alan_m
Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Oct 2006 Posts: 3151 Location: Southchurch Village, Southend-on-Sea
per-Sony-fied wrote:
Currently running Mystuff 6.4 which is fine but the other taps I have installed are not configurable via the "exit" button when pressed. Only the Tap screen comes up and says they are all enabled. I am unable to select any individual tap via the up/down arrow buttons.

The Taps I need to configure are Improbox (just installed, would like to have a play with it) and TF5000 display.

Is it Tap commander that allows this to happen? This is installed.

Start your Toppy without TAPs by holding down the 0 button on the remote while it comes out of standby. Hold it down until a picture appears.

Then start the TAP you want manually. The exit button should work whilst only running that TAP. Configure the TAP.

Repeat for all the TAPs you want to configure.

Put your Toppy into standby and switch back on in the normal way. All the TAPs in Auto Start will then start and with the configurations you have set-up.

juwlz
Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:26 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10333 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
per-Sony-fied wrote:
The Taps I need to configure are Improbox (just installed, would like to have a play with it)
You probably ought to take MyStuff out of Auto Start while you're running Improbox, or you're likely to get them interfering with each other.

Don't forget that MyStuff will already have set timers for a week ahead.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
Geoff Bacon
Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Jan 2007 Posts: 2982 Location: Bristol ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ Windows XP, USB
You could also try configuring from TopManager (assuming you have a windows pc):-
1) Install TopManager
2) Connection| Create (USB or FTP)
3) Connection| Open
4) Tools| Install Files| PcControl
5) Reboot toppy
6) PcControl| Show PcC Menus
7) PcControl| Tap Commander
8 ) Select running tap and press Configure button (greyed out if tap doesn't support it).

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; QuickJump 1.72; MyInfo B5.6; Font Manager 1.0d; EPG2MEI v0.96; CrashTrace v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; Extend v1.7; WSSkiller V2.12d; SecCache (UK) v0.4; MyStuff 6.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 6/9/13
™