Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  Recall button at top of single channel view

Page 1 of 1
morph
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:21 pm Reply with quote
In the EPG pressing recall take you to the current time. In the grid view pressing it again takes you to the first channel and further presses are, effectively, ignored.

In single channel view a second press is not handled by MyStuff but passed through to the Toppy's normal key handling routine. Result, not only does the the EPG disappear but we find ourselves tuned to the Toppy's previous channel. Not what you want or expect when simply trying to reassure yourself that you're at the top of the listing.
juwlz
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:58 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10381 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
So it does.
Another tweak to request for 6.5 then.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
juwlz
Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:15 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10381 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
I've just had a message from BobD to say he's fixed it (in 6.5). Not that we've actually had a copy of it to test yet Wink.

Julie

per-Sony-fied
Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Jan 2007 Posts: 114 Location: Essex
Pardon my ignorance and lack of this knowledge but what is the recall key?
juwlz
Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:19 pm Reply with quote
It's the button with a nearly complete circle, with an arrowhead (on a 5800 remote, at least). On my Harmony, I have it mapped to the PREV(ious) button.

Natively it switches between the current channel and previous channel watched. In MyStuff it is more-or-less universally used as a "Home" button (e.g. to get you to the current time / channel in the EPG, the top of the folder in the archive (or the top of the root folder if pressed twice in succession), the first timer in the timers list, Option A1 in the MyStuff settings menu, etc.

Julie

per-Sony-fied
Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Jan 2007 Posts: 114 Location: Essex
juwlz wrote:
It's the button with a nearly complete circle, with an arrowhead (on a 5800 remote, at least). On my Harmony, I have it mapped to the PREV(ious) button.

Natively it switches between the current channel and previous channel watched. In MyStuff it is more-or-less universally used as a "Home" button (e.g. to get you to the current time / channel in the EPG, the top of the folder in the archive (or the top of the root folder if pressed twice in succession), the first timer in the timers list, Option A1 in the MyStuff settings menu, etc.

Julie

Oh right. I was just trying to replicate that problem but since I don't normally have single channel view set, that problem has never come up. But then I only ever normally use that button to switch between previous and current channels.