Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  New users start here  ~  Help - T5800 Dead!

Page 1 of 1
spiritfriend
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 01 Oct 2009 Posts: 13 Location: Halifax West Yorkshire (Line Of Site To Emley Moor Transmitter)
Hi
I re-scanned the PVR last night to get the new Channel 4 prog and when it finished I had duplicate channels. As this had happened a couple of years ago I factory re-set, turned off, and rescanned again a few times but had the same problem. In the end I decided it may be a software problem(although I have loader C1.01 and software version TF-NPT 5.13.65T) so I took the PVR to my PC and plugged it in at the side ready to update via the USB. As the hour was late I turned off the PVR (got a display) at the wall socket and left it until now.

I have just turned the PVR on at the wall socket and it is dead..deceased...no lights..no sound.. Nada!
I was wondering if it could just be the internal fuse. I looked inside and noted that it was a T 2AH 250V not being an electronics expert perhaps someone could comment on my 'possible' diagnosis and also exactly what the fuse is so I can get one from Maplins.
I had one of the regulars on here repair the pSU 2 or more years ago and he worked from a workshop on the outskirts of Bolton Lancs....his phone number /email would be of great help, if someone knows it, as I have lost it.
ryclark
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 Jul 2005 Posts: 1540 Location: Shropshire
That would be MikeyP.

http://www.mpavservice.co.uk/

™
spiritfriend
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 01 Oct 2009 Posts: 13 Location: Halifax West Yorkshire (Line Of Site To Emley Moor Transmitter)
Thanks a lot
juwlz
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:22 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10327 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
spiritfriend wrote:
I have software version TF-NPT 5.13.65T
No problem there. That's the Recommended Firmware.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
Geoff Bacon
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Jan 2007 Posts: 2967 Location: Bristol ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ Windows XP, USB
Bad connection or fuse in the plug where it goes into the wall?
Try another socket?

(neither likely but worth a try)

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; QuickJump 1.72; MyInfo B5.6; Font Manager 1.0d; EPG2MEI v0.96; CrashTrace v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; Extend v1.7; WSSkiller V2.12d; SecCache (UK) v0.4; MyStuff 6.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 6/9/13
™
spiritfriend
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the above comments....

Software is OK then...

Changed fuse in plug from 5amp to 13 amp and back to a new 5 amp.
Changed sockets in wall to 3 different locations......still dead as a dodo
andyfras
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Jul 2005 Posts: 3042 Location: Fleet, Hampshire (Hannington)
If the internal fuse has blown, it will have blown for a reason, so it will blow the replacement too.

There are various causes of a totally dead Toppy; see the fault list on my website:

https://sites.google.com/site/andyfraserelectronics/freeview-and-satellite-recorder-repair/topfield-pvr-faults

URC-7555 remote: TF5800 1TB with fan, Recommended_5800.tfd + CfPePsScWfZ
spiritfriend
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:28 pm Reply with quote
OK will read up in the morning....thanks again