Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  New users start here  ~  The Dreaded Boot Loop

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Geoff Bacon
Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Jan 2007 Posts: 3028 Location: Bristol ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ Windows XP, USB
You can do the initial scan with FastScanGUI or ChannelOrganiser - I wouldn't recommend pulling the aerial out (I've had a slight shock when plugging a TV into into the wall socket). Manually deleting channels is prone to errors (have you removed the correct duplicate?) and is time consuming. Use ChannelOrganiser; it was probably installed on the toppy when you installed MyStuff (if not, use the TopManager "Tools|Install Files" menu)

The latest version of TopManager does scanning but that is temporarily disabled as it is causing problems on some users toppies (there are no problems with the non PcControl menus)

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; QuickJump 1.72; MyInfo B5.6; Font Manager 1.0d; EPG2MEI v0.96; CrashTrace v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; Extend v1.7; WSSkiller V2.12d; SecCache (UK) v0.4; MyStuff 6.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 6/9/13
™
juwlz
Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:24 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10344 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
As I've just written it, you might like to read about Toppy memory management for MyStuff users, especially those with 5810s which have significantly less memory to play with than 5800s.

btw, if you want to check how much memory MyStuff is using on your machine before you start, the installer should have added TAP Commander to the Utilities folder.

I also recommend putting FastScanGUI in Auto Start and using that for your intial scan, followed by Channel Organiser to radically prune the number of channels on the Toppy. (I delete approximately two thirds of them on mine, which would be exceedingly tedious to do manually.)

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012