Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  Channel logo

Page 1 of 7
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Poppa Mintin
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 May 2011 Posts: 116 Location: Near Lincoln UK
Hi,

For a while now I've not been able to get channel logos in EPG, Archive or N&N displays, just channel names.

Having just refurbished my power supply, I did hope that that might've resolved the issue.
However even after a re-install of MyStuf the problem persists.
I've tried selecting A3 to NO and returning to EPG, (Logos off obviously) and then toggling A3 back to YES and checking again, the logos are still off.
Is there another parameter which affects this? A2 is for example, selected to LCN/Name, does this have an effect? (BTW what is LCN ?).

Poppa.

wmwmwmwmwmwmwmwAlong with the sunshine, there has to be a little rain sometime.
juwlz
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:02 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10280 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
LCN is (I think) Logical Channel Number (i.e. 1 for BBC1, 2 for BBC2, 3 for ITV1, 4 for Channel 4, etc.)

Have you checked in the ProgramFiles/Settings/Logos folder? If they're there, rename them (so that if those sectors on the drive are damaged, they won't be reused), and copy new logo files to the Toppy (or re-run the installer).

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
Poppa Mintin
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:00 pm Reply with quote
juwlz wrote:

Have you checked in the ProgramFiles/Settings/Logos folder? If they're there, rename them (so that if those sectors on the drive are damaged, they won't be reused), and copy new logo files to the Toppy (or re-run the installer).

Julie

Thanks for your swift reply Julie...
My laptop's OS is Win.7 64bit so I'm using Antares:

Opening the folder I see: -

Folders:
Group 01
Group 02
Group 03
Group 04
Settings

Then all my recordings....

Opening the Settings folder I find: -

Folders:
Logos
MyStuf
Skins

Then

dat.lnk

In the Settings folder, the relevant one:

Just the one file:
Logos.lnk

Not what we were looking for I think Sad

Prior to starting this link I had recently (within the hour) re-installed MyStuf.
Each time I was offered a choice to include or download anything I selected Yes. I didn't un-install anything directly, although I'm pretty sure the installer did that anyway just keeping the settings ?

Quote:
If they're there,
If they're not (since I don't believe they are...)?

While we're talking folders... the 4 'Group' folders are empty, can I delete them ?

Poppa.

HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5889 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
The 'Group' folders you can delete. These have been created by someone pressing Green whilst in the native Recordings archive view.

You will also need smlogo.dat

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
Geoff Bacon
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Jan 2007 Posts: 2893 Location: Bristol ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ Windows XP, USB
As you can use Antares, try TopManager (link in my signature).
After creating a connection ("Connection| Settings" and opening it "Connection| Open", use the "Tools| Install Taps| Mystuff logos"; this will replace any logos on your toppy.

You could also try the "Tools| Check MyStuff option".

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; QuickJump 1.72; MyInfo B5.6; Font Manager 1.0d; EPG2MEI v0.96; CrashTrace v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; Extend v1.7; WSSkiller V2.12d; SecCache (UK) v0.4; MyStuff 6.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 6/9/13
™
juwlz
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10280 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
Poppa Mintin wrote:
Opening the Settings folder I find: -

Folders:
Logos
MyStuf
Skins

Then

dat.lnk

In the Settings folder, the relevant one:

Just the one file:
Logos.lnk

Not what we were looking for I think Sad
It's not hugely surprising that you don't have the logos then - the logo files aren't in the Logos folder. You can safely delete any .lnk files - they're just placeholders and get recreated when needed.

The question is ... why didn't the installer copy them to your Toppy? I'm still guessing there's something not quite right with the disk. Try renaming the Logos folder, and then either recreate it (with the correct capitalisation) and copy the logo files over manually, or have another go with the installer. If they still don't turn up, the installer creates a log file on the PC that should give us some clues.

Julie

Poppa Mintin
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:54 pm Reply with quote
juwlz wrote:

The question is ... why didn't the installer copy them to your Toppy? I'm still guessing there's something not quite right with the disk. Try renaming the Logos folder, and then either recreate it (with the correct capitalisation) and copy the logo files over manually, or have another go with the installer. If they still don't turn up, the installer creates a log file on the PC that should give us some clues.

Julie

OK, I don't know where to find the logo files to copy so I just renamed 'Logos' to 'Xlogos' as you suggested, then re-installed MyStuff... again.
Then re-booting twice I waited for the (L) and the (S) to complete and tried the EPG again... Still no logos. Sad
Using Atares I looked in the Settings folder then the (new) Logos folder but still there's only the Logos.lnk file and one other, who's name I just realised I didn't note. Something.lnk

I thought I caught sight of a note whilst the install was in progress which might be a pointer... I thought it said it wouldn't overwrite any logo files previously installed. Obviously this ought not to make any difference since 1. there were no files to overwrite, and 2. it was a new folder. I only mention this in passing since if I'm right it may be relevant.

So... I looked for the log file you mention and think this must be it, the time's certainly about right: -

(Start of file)

MyInfo B5.6 Logging settings etc on: 2/3/2012 at 23:16

Waiting for other TAPs to load and settle

Ini file found
Starting to record data 69 seconds from boot

System ID: 457
TV Output: Type = PAL, Video = RGB
Reported firmware version: TF-NPT 5.15.09T dated Sep 02 2010
Base firmware version: 5.15.09

Running TAPS:
Slot 0: EPG2MEI v0.96 : Dumps the EPG data to disk as EPG.mei, with changes since last time in EPG_diff.mei
Slot 1: MyStuff 6.4 : UI Replacement
Slot 2: MyInfo B5.6 : Displays & records Toppy basic info
Slot 3: Font Manager 1.0d : Manage TAP Fonts
Slot 4: Extend v1.7 : Uses the Accurate Recording info to extend recordings (safely)
Slot 5: SecCache (UK) v0.4 : Optimal (UK) section caching to reduce the load on the Toppy
Slot 6: EIT Sub (Game) v0.6 : Provides faster, simpler and more robust EIT data collection, except when playing games
Slot 7: MHEG On/Off A3 : MHEG control
Slots 8 - 15 not used

Installed patch list:- Ab Af Bf Bq C0 Ce Ck Cp Cw De Ec Ef Eg Em Ep Er Es Ev F Fm Gm H He Kt Mh Nf Ot Pc Pe R Ra Rh Rm Rp Rs S Sd Sf Sl Sr Sx Td Te Tf Tp Tq Tt Vr Xw Xl
Firmware MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 modified thus:
Patch Decode Link - Will explain your patches:
http://www.toppy.org.uk/~simonc/dp.html?p=AbAfBfBqC0CeCkCpCwDeEcEfEgEmEpErEsEvFFmGmHHeKtMhNfOtPcPeRRaRhRmRpRsSSdSfSlSrSxTdTeTfTpTqTtVrXwXl

Time Mode set to Auto
Time Offset set to Auto

Found 26 TV channels and 24 Radio channels
No channel problems detected
LCNs of programme channels found on Tx Ch 30 are: 101,
LCNs of programme channels found on Tx Ch 44 are: 3, 4, 5, 6, 13, 14, 28, 33,
LCNs of programme channels found on Tx Ch 47 are: 1, 2, 7, 9, 80, 700, 701, 702, 703, 704, 705, 706, 707, 708, 709, 710,
LCNs of programme channels found on Tx Ch 48 are: 12, 15, 24, 711, 712, 713, 714, 715, 716, 718, 722, 725,
LCNs of programme channels found on Tx Ch 51 are: 10, 27, 30, 31, 44, 724, 727, 728,
LCNs of programme channels found on Tx Ch 52 are: 46, 723,
LCNs of programme channels found on Tx Ch 53 are: 19, 25, 29,

Interactive Off
Timeshift On

Memory - Free: 10 MB, Available: 8 MB
Disk - Total: 466 GB, Free: 415 GB

25 recordings (33 GB) + 0 deleted (0 GB) in 1 folders (+ 4 empty folders)

Time since boot: 0:0:1 (d:h:m)

Suggested signature for Toppy forum - copy following lines to signature block at http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/profile.php?mode=editprofile
TF5810, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009
TAPs: EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.4; MyInfo B5.6; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MHEG On/Off A3;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 2/3/12

(EOF)

Hope that's right... Poppa.

Geoff Bacon
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:01 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Jan 2007 Posts: 2893 Location: Bristol ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ Windows XP, USB
No, that isn't the corret log file. The one you want is MyStuff_Installer.txt and it will be in the folder you put the MyStuff kit in.

Of course, you could just use TopManager as I indicated earlier.

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; QuickJump 1.72; MyInfo B5.6; Font Manager 1.0d; EPG2MEI v0.96; CrashTrace v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; Extend v1.7; WSSkiller V2.12d; SecCache (UK) v0.4; MyStuff 6.5;
™
andyfras
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:57 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Jul 2005 Posts: 3004 Location: Fleet, Hampshire (Hannington)
From your channel list, you seem to be picking up signals from more than one transmitter (Emley Moor & Belmont). This can cause very unpredictable behaviour.

Channel Organiser does not automatically delete the correct duplicates, so using FastScanGUI first is advisable.

URC-7555 remote: TF5800 1TB with fan, Recommended_5800.tfd + CfPePsScWfZ
juwlz
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:46 am Reply with quote
The installer will have put FastScanGUI in /ProgramFiles/Utilities. Move it to Auto Start. It will run on startup, and if you have channels will simply exit. If you have no channels (either after a Factory Reset or if you unexpectedly lose channels due to a memory corruption or similar). You can make it pre-select the transmitters in your area by renaming the TAP as per the instructions in the ReadMe file.

"You can also pre-select your local transmitter by simply renaming the TAP to include its name -- e.g. to have the Redruth transmitter selected initially the TAP should be called "FastScanGUI-Redruth.tap". The case is not significant (apart from the ".tap", as usual) but the "-" is, and due to TAP filename limitations, all spaces must be replaced by "_" (underscore), so to use the "Crystal Palace" transmitter the filename should be something like:
"fAstscAngUI-crYstAl_pAlAcE.tap".

DSO information is now included for the UK Freeview system and the main transmitters. The date given is the start of the changeover (or other significant change), but in some areas the full change may be staggered and may allow some overlap time with the old setup. After DSO there may be more muxes available (nine seem to be scheduled in some areas, at present)."

Julie

Poppa Mintin
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:25 am Reply with quote
Geoff Bacon wrote:
No, that isn't the corret log file. The one you want is MyStuff_Installer.txt and it will be in the folder you put the MyStuff kit in.

Of course, you could just use TopManager as I indicated earlier.

Geoff

Each time I run TopManager it seems to me that the only files it looks at are the wrong ones, and I struggle to use TM... I don't know why that is, I'm not usually thick about such things.

When I open TM, the folder I get is 'Toshiba' which is the TV, obviously not Toppy !

Poppa.

Poppa Mintin
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:27 am Reply with quote
I'm pushed for time just at the moment Julie but I shall give that my top priority as soon as the domestic stuff is out of the way...

Poppa.

Poppa Mintin
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:31 am Reply with quote
andyfras wrote:
From your channel list, you seem to be picking up signals from more than one transmitter (Emley Moor & Belmont). This can cause very unpredictable behaviour.

Channel Organiser does not automatically delete the correct duplicates, so using FastScanGUI first is advisable.

Yeah, when I saw that it surprised me too... I thought I'd got that sorted out... Belmont is closest, but Emley Moor is better. Just another something to do !

Poppa.

Geoff Bacon
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:06 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Each time I run TopManager it seems to me that the only files it looks at are the wrong ones, and I struggle to use TM... I don't know why that is, I'm not usually thick about such things.

When I open TM, the folder I get is 'Toshiba' which is the TV, obviously not Toppy !

I don't really understand the above.
TM doesn't know anything about a Toshiba folder; I can only assume that when you created the connection to the toppy, you called it Toshiba.

First do the following to ensure that you are using the latest version of TopManager ( 3.0.3)
1) Run TopManager
2) Help| About
3) Close TopManager

If you are not using the latest version, download/install it from my website.

Then, try the following:
1) Run TopManager
2) Connections| Settings (you might have to close the connection first)
3) Add a record with the following details
Connect Using: Toppy (or MyToppy or whatever you want to call it)
Connection Method: USB
Automatically Connect : checked - assuming you have a permanent connection to the toppy
OK

4) Connection| Open
5) Connection| Browse - it should show you the files in the \ProgramFiles folder on the toppy (it won't show you any recordings)
6) Display| MyInfo Log

Geoff

™
Poppa Mintin
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Geoff Bacon wrote:
Quote:

I don't really understand the above.
TM doesn't know anything about a Toshiba folder; I can only assume that when you created the connection to the toppy, you called it Toshiba.

First do the following to ensure that you are using the latest version of TopManager ( 3.0.3)
1) Run TopManager
2) Help| About
3) Close TopManager

If you are not using the latest version, download/install it from my website.

Then, try the following:
1) Run TopManager
2) Connections| Settings (you might have to close the connection first)
3) Add a record with the following details
Connect Using: Toppy (or MyToppy or whatever you want to call it)
Connection Method: USB
Automatically Connect : checked - assuming you have a permanent connection to the toppy
OK

4) Connection| Open
5) Connection| Browse - it should show you the files in the \ProgramFiles folder on the toppy (it won't show you any recordings)
6) Display| MyInfo Log

Geoff

Geoff, I decided to take a closer look and take my time... I think the Toshiba thing is some sort of a hang-over from the time I tried to connect the laptop to the TV (Which worked)

I've found that I can 'Close Toshiba' and then change what I want to look at and open Topfield.
Looks like I have to do that each time I run TM, but I'll follow your instructions later and see what happens, thanks.

Poppa