Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 6.4 not seeing a recording

Page 1 of 1
Geoff Bacon
Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Jan 2007 Posts: 3067 Location: Bristol ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ Windows XP, USB
I watched a couple of Pan Am's (BBC1) and decided I didn't want to watch any more.
From what I remember, I deleted the double episode (having watched them) and deleted the power search (probably while it was recording another episode).

Looking in \DataFiles with Altair, I see that there is a Pan Am.rec file but this does not show in the MS archive (even if 0 is pressed). Looking in the Recycle bin, I have two Pan Am files (both showing as Sat 26/11 22:34 48 mins)

Looking in Altair, I have :-
Pan Am-2.rec_201111262234.del 2005MB and
Pan Am.rec 940376KB (2011-11-26 21:5Cool

To my mind, the .rec file should be marked as a .del.
As it isn't a .del, it should be displaying in the normal MS archive
It does display in the native archive and MyInfo doesn't compalin about the recording.

Having just disabled the auto delete (3 days) in case BobD wants more info, I see that I now have 3 deleted Pan Am entries (above 2 entries + an entry for the .rec file). Looking in the native archive (and with Altair), I still have a .rec file!

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; QuickJump 1.72; MyInfo B5.6; Font Manager 1.0d; EPG2MEI v0.96; CrashTrace v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; Extend v1.7; WSSkiller V2.12d; SecCache (UK) v0.4; MyStuff 6.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 6/9/13
™
juwlz
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:44 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10359 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
If Pan Am is chained with a subsequent programme (as yet undeleted), the .rec file won't be given a .del suffix until you delete that programme too.

Can you see Pan Am in the MS recycle bin?
If you don't use the recycle bin, then you won't be able to see the recording in MS (but switching on the bin would probably allow you to see it).

If you CAN see it in the bin, you can select it and press Green to see what's it's merged with.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
Geoff Bacon
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Jan 2007 Posts: 3067 Location: Bristol ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ Windows XP, USB
The recording has a .rec extension
I can play it from the native menus (it is episode 5)
It does not appear in the normal archive of MS
It does appear in the Recycle bin

Note: Pressing Green produces a "Permanently delete all files" prompt. Pressing info shows that it is the same recording; it doesn't show a chained icon and the info button doesn't say it is merged with anything.

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; QuickJump 1.72; MyInfo B5.6; Font Manager 1.0d; EPG2MEI v0.96; CrashTrace v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; Extend v1.7; WSSkiller V2.12d; SecCache (UK) v0.4; MyStuff 6.5;
™
juwlz
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:18 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10359 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
Hmm. Green in the bin works differently depending on whether the recording is chained or not (as you have discovered).

If you bring up the playbar when playing the recording, how many bookmarks are there (this will show whether the recording ever did have a part 2).

Clearly something has gone wrong - either MS got interrupted during the deletion process, so that its internal files know the recording should be in the bin but it didn't get chance to add the suffix, or some of the information about it being a chained recording has gone AWOL (if it ever was merged with another programme).

Do you remember anything unusual happening when you watched / deleted it?

Julie

Geoff Bacon
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:57 am Reply with quote
There is only one bookmark in the file (between the end of QI and the start of Pan Am) i.e. as I would expect as I don't record QI.

I guess I must have been watching the programme while it was being recorded (no idea if it was in time shift mode). Having decided I couldn't be bothered with it, I think I deleted the powersearch, went into archive and deleted the recording (all in quick succession; I probably didn't stop the recording before I deleted it).

[edit]When the file is played from the native archive, the entry in the MS bin reflects how far it has been watched[/edit]

It is no biggy, I can always wipe the file. I suspect that it would also recover if I restored it from the recycle bin and then put it back again.

Geoff

™
juwlz
Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:27 am Reply with quote
True, but it would be interesting to know how it got into that state in the first place. Oh well.