Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 6.4

Page 1 of 19
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
BobD
Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:31 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4198 Location: Nottingham
MyStuff 6.4 is now available to download from www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk

This version fixes the bugs reported in 6.3, and adds a few new features and tweaks.

Details of the changes can be found in the new 6.4 manual and on the ChangeLogs page.

Of special note is the change to the way MyStuff calls a particular Toppy API function which is suspected of contributing to (and perhaps being the main cause of) the hard disk wiped suffered occasionally during periods of bad reception. Since this change was made, the Team is not aware (to the best of my knowledge) of any such wipes. Special thanks to EMJB for this one!

We recommend that all MyStuff users update to this new version, by using the full installer download (rather than by just downloading and updating the TAP file), as this will ensure that other support TAPs are updated too.

The usual thanks go out to the Beta Testers and selected TAP authors for their help testing the internal builds leading up to this release.

Please try to read/search existing posts (and the manual!) before posting in case your question has already been answered, and try to use useful topic titles!

Thanks.

The MyStuff Team

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
DaveHill
Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:11 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 15 Dec 2005 Posts: 73 Location: Bedford
Thanks Bob, will give it a spin on the standby machine!
BobD wrote:

We recommend that all MyStuff users update to this new version, by using the full installer download (rather than by just downloading and updating the TAP file), as this will ensure that other support TAPs are updated too.

I can't do that, not having a Windows machine. Are there any changes and has CW updated the InstallerExtras ZIP file?

Dave

TAPs: SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub v0.6; QuickJump 1.72; EPG2MEI v0.96; Extend v1.7; MyStuff 6.6; MyInfo B5.6; TF5000 Display 1.53;
chunkywizard
Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:33 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9306 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi there,

in depends when you last looked! If you installed 6.3 then the only change is the MyStuff TAP. pre 6.3 then there were some changes to the installer. Things like caching of EPG data, SDS download (and subsequent defocusing) etc.

HTH

CW

p.s. The 'What Does the Installer Do?' thread should be up to date and is there as a reference for non-PC users

DaveHill
Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:08 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 15 Dec 2005 Posts: 73 Location: Bedford
chunkywizard wrote:
If you installed 6.3 then the only change is the MyStuff TAP.
Then I'm OK as I'm running 6.3 at the moment.

Thanks!

Dave

TAPs: SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub v0.6; QuickJump 1.72; EPG2MEI v0.96; Extend v1.7; MyStuff 6.6; MyInfo B5.6; TF5000 Display 1.53;
juwlz
Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:20 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10381 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
chunkywizard wrote:
in depends when you last looked! If you installed 6.3 then the only change is the MyStuff TAP. pre 6.3 then there were some changes to the installer. Things like caching of EPG data, SDS download (and subsequent defocusing) etc.
IIRC, SDS was introduced for 6.3 and removed again for 6.4, but I may be wrong. I never used it!

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
DrGreg
Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:30 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 29 Oct 2010 Posts: 77
Just loaded 6.4. Thank you all very much for implementing my suggestions for not seeing/hearing live TV when in the archive, pressing playback etc. Works well. I appreciate that these options aren't to everybody's taste (that's why they are options), but I am a very happy bunny now. No more seeing the live score of a rugby match I am recording when I go to play it whilst still recording, thereby ruining the surprise.

MyInfo on 21/1/11[/size]
andyfras
Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Jul 2005 Posts: 3097 Location: Fleet, Hampshire (Hannington)
I have just used the MS6.4 installer on a brand new 1.5TB drive that I installed for a forum member. All went well.

URC-7555 remote: TF5800 1TB with fan, Recommended_5800.tfd + CfPePsScUUuWfZ
chunkywizard
Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:33 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9306 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
excellent, thanks for the feedback. I did test it but real world testing never goes a miss!

Cheers

CW

Geoff Bacon
Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Jan 2007 Posts: 3161 Location: Bristol ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ Windows XP, USB
No problems encountered installing 6.4 here (5800. full install plus FontManager, USB connection, previously on MS 6.3).

Many thanks to BobD and the MyStuff team
Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; QuickJump 1.72; MyInfo B5.6; Font Manager 1.0d; EPG2MEI v0.96; CrashTrace v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; Extend v1.7; WSSkiller V2.12d; SecCache (UK) v0.4; MyStuff 6.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 6/9/13
™
Stuart P
Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 19 Sep 2008 Posts: 94 Location: Hitchin, Herts
another smooth full install. running 6.4 here now. thanks to all involved and especially for fixing this

http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=236457&highlight=#236457

Very Happy

Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Jan 2007 Posts: 3161 Location: Bristol ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ Windows XP, USB
A minor point, and an installer issue rather than MyStuff.

The upgrade replaces the EPG2MEI.ini file with one that has no restrictions on the channels.

Users requiring restrictions on broadcast times will therefore need to run ChannelOrganiser after the upgrade (this will populate the file with the times held in Freeview.dat).

Alternatively, they can reinstate their old version, assuming it is correct, by copying \ProgramFiles\Settings\MyStuff\OldCopy\EPG2MEI.ini to \ProgramFiles\Settings\EPG2MEI.ini (this can be done using Drag and Drop in TopManager or, for Altair etc, by copying the file to the pc and then back to the toppy).

Note: For most users, the lack of restrictions is probably immaterial.

[edit]CW has now changed the installer to preserve the EPG2MEI. This means that anyone downloading after 12:53 on 19th May can ignore this post[/edit]

Geoff

Last edited by Geoff Bacon on Thu May 19, 2011 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; QuickJump 1.72; MyInfo B5.6; Font Manager 1.0d; EPG2MEI v0.96; CrashTrace v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; Extend v1.7; WSSkiller V2.12d; SecCache (UK) v0.4; MyStuff 6.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 6/9/13
™
andyfras
Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Jul 2005 Posts: 3097 Location: Fleet, Hampshire (Hannington)
Following the success of installing MS6.4 on a blank disk (see above), I decided to install it on my own Toppy (having missed out MS6.3).

Sadly, all my searches have turned into Text searches and I'm a bit p***ed off!

URC-7555 remote: TF5800 1TB with fan, Recommended_5800.tfd + CfPePsScUUuWfZ
Andy K
Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jun 2005 Posts: 3499 Location: Owner of 3 Topfields
BobD wrote:
Of special note is the change to the way MyStuff calls a particular Toppy API function which is suspected of contributing to (and perhaps being the main cause of) the hard disk wiped suffered occasionally during periods of bad reception.

Arh! So The MyStuff Team actually admit this now! Very Happy
BobD
Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Hi Andy

Sorry about that. I think that has happened occasionally before but we have never got to the bottom of it. Is it your 6.2 searches that you now have as TSs, or has it found a really old, eg pre 6.0, set of searches?

You may well have a dated backup of your searches file, in which case you could reinstate a copy of that and see if it does it again. If it does, then we should be able to debug and fix it.

Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
BobD
Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Andy K wrote:
BobD wrote:
Of special note is the change to the way MyStuff calls a particular Toppy API function which is suspected of contributing to (and perhaps being the main cause of) the hard disk wiped suffered occasionally during periods of bad reception.

Arh! So The MyStuff Team actually admit this now! Very Happy

Smile We admit that we called a standard toppy function which, under conditions of poor signal, corrupted memory etc so badly that it caused a disk wipe. Any tap calling that function at just the wrong time, and in just the wrong amount, would almost certainly have done the same.