Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  Resetting progress information

Page 1 of 1
dshep
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:58 am Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Apr 2006 Posts: 7 Location: Melbourne, Australia
I've just recently learned of CutAds and CutFile, and finding them very useful. The downside, though, is that every recording I open up to put bookmarks in before running it through one of these TAPs shows up as a recently-played-back recording in MyStuff, and in particular the display in the archive shows them as though I'd been watching them -- which of course I haven't; I've only been inserting bookmarks!

So, I was looking for a way to clear this information, so that MyStuff forgets that I ever opened those files, and I came across mention in section 7.5 of the manual about pressing Stop twice (or holding it down) in order to reset the progress information. This sounded like exactly what I wanted -- but it doesn't seem to work.

I've tried doing all combinations of the following before pressing the Stop key twice, or holding it down for several seconds (up to 10):
  • selecting one recording in the archive
  • marking several recordings in the archive
  • beginning playback of a recording (using either Play or OK buttons)
  • selecting a recording in the 'Recently Played' list (the one you get from holding SloMo)

I've also tried exiting and restarting MyStuff after doing these things. But no matter what I do, the playback progress information never changes.

Am I just being silly, or misunderstanding the instructions in the manual, or does this feature not actually work?

Any advice or assistance much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

David

MarkPax
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:39 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Nov 2010 Posts: 520
Hmmm
It works fine for me, jut select a single recording in the Archive and hold Stop for about a second.
You need a patch installed so your Toppy can detect the long keypress, I think it's [Re] but you probably have that since you have the recommended firmware installed.
Do any of the other long keypresses work? One I can remember is a long press of Record while watching TV should show you a box listing what is being recorded currently.

chunkywizard
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:00 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9306 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Or a long press of SloMo to get recently watched files. All work for me. I zero played files every day (kids programmes). One thing, your disc has to spin up before it will work soetimes. Perhaps you are too quick?

HTH

CW

dshep
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:23 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the quick replies and feedback -- it's useful to know that it ought to work, and it's apparently just me that's the problem. That means there's a chance I'll be able to fix it somehow. Smile

Other long-keypress actions are working for me -- certainly the long press of SloMo to show recently played files triggers as I would expect, and I definitely have the Cp patch installed, which I believe is the one needed to allow MyStuff to detect the long keypresses.

The possibility of needing to allow time for the HD to spin up could be a factor, given that I have timeshifting turned off and therefore it's not spinning all the time, but I'm pretty sure it was spinning when I was trying this from the Archive view earlier on. I'll give it another go, listening carefully to make sure it is spinning, and report back.

The only other factor I can think of is that I was only trying this with files I'd edited using CutAds, for which MyStuff was reporting the wrong duration (i.e. the duration before the ads were cut out); maybe that was confusing things somehow? I'll have to try it on a non-edited recording and see if that's any different.

Geoff Bacon
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:08 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Jan 2007 Posts: 3070 Location: Bristol ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ Windows XP, USB
Quote:
TF5800, IA On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -AbFmMhRaSlSyVrXl+BmPsR5UUu
TAPs: EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.4; mei2archive BETA 3.8l7; MyInfo B5.6;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 6/11/11

I suspect that you copied the MyStuff tap to your toppy rather than used the MyStuff installer (possibly because you can't run windows programs). I base this on the fact that your signature shows several missing patches (AbFmMhRaSlSyVrXl) and that other support taps are not present.

For proper use of MyStuff, you need to apply most of the missing patches (easiest to do all of them) and you should install
1) EIT Sub (Game) v0.6
2) SecCache (UK) v0.4
3) Font Manager 1.0d (if you want it, this shows as the Fm patch)
4) Extend v1.7

If you do have a windows pc, then the easiest way to get all these is to do a full install using the MyStuff installer (it won't destroy what you already have). If you can't use the installer, you will have to do things manually.

Also, if you have a windows pc, give TopManager a try (link in my signature). This can help you find problems on your toppy and provides an easy way of maintaining your forum signature.

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; QuickJump 1.72; MyInfo B5.6; Font Manager 1.0d; EPG2MEI v0.96; CrashTrace v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; Extend v1.7; WSSkiller V2.12d; SecCache (UK) v0.4; MyStuff 6.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 6/9/13
™
juwlz
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:43 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10359 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
dshep wrote:
I definitely have the Cp patch installed, which I believe is the one needed to allow MyStuff to detect the long keypresses.
It is.
Quote:
The only other factor I can think of is that I was only trying this with files I'd edited using CutAds, for which MyStuff was reporting the wrong duration (i.e. the duration before the ads were cut out)
That may depend on your setting for S1: Exclusive Mode, but actually ISTR that MyStuff won't update the durations until you restart it. The same may (in this case) be true for the played flag, particularly as MyStuff will already be confused about where x% through the file actually is anyway.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
dshep
Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:34 pm Reply with quote
dshep wrote:
Thanks for the quick replies and feedback -- it's useful to know that it ought to work, and it's apparently just me that's the problem. That means there's a chance I'll be able to fix it somehow. Smile

And of course it turned out that when I got around to trying again, it just worked of its own accord. The only thing I'd done in the meantime was to turn the Toppy off and back on again (with several hours in between), so maybe it was just in a funny state when I was trying it the first time on the weekend.

Thanks again for your help and suggestions, everyone!

dshep
Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Geoff Bacon wrote:
I suspect that you copied the MyStuff tap to your toppy rather than used the MyStuff installer (possibly because you can't run windows programs). I base this on the fact that your signature shows several missing patches (AbFmMhRaSlSyVrXl) and that other support taps are not present.

For proper use of MyStuff, you need to apply most of the missing patches

You're correct in your suspicion that I installed MyStuff manually. While I do have a Windows XP VMware machine that I run now and again when needed, my computer is at the other end of the house from my Toppy (beyond the limits of USB extension cables Wink), so these days I mostly interact with it using ftpd-topfield installed on an ancient laptop that hides under the TV. That makes it much more convenient to install TAPs etc. manually for me.

As for the patches that I haven't applied... it's largely because I'm in Australia (yes, despite the TF-5800 -- we brought it with us when we moved [back] from the UK), and unfortunately most of those nifty features like Accurate Bookmarking, Series Info and so on are no use down here. So I figured if I'm never going to use the features, it's probably not worth installing the patches.

TopManager is on my list of things to try next time I have a machine with Windows near enough to the Toppy to connect it. Thanks for the reminder -- I must give it a go sooner rather than later. Smile

dshep
Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:47 pm Reply with quote
juwlz wrote:
That may depend on your setting for S1: Exclusive Mode, but actually ISTR that MyStuff won't update the durations until you restart it. The same may (in this case) be true for the played flag, particularly as MyStuff will already be confused about where x% through the file actually is anyway.

Yes, you're right; I have S1 set to Extreme, but even after pressing 0 to force a reload, MyStuff still shows the original pre-editing duration (though it does seem to update the file size information). The only way I could get the duration to update consistently was to exit MyStuff and then start it up again, but I've found that works well enough if I save up a bunch of edits and then run CutAds to apply them all at once.

juwlz
Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:58 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10359 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
dshep wrote:
Yes, you're right; I have S1 set to Extreme, but even after pressing 0 to force a reload, MyStuff still shows the original pre-editing duration (though it does seem to update the file size information). The only way I could get the duration to update consistently was to exit MyStuff and then start it up again, but I've found that works well enough if I save up a bunch of edits and then run CutAds to apply them all at once.
That's the way I do it, and TBH, I don't bother about the lengths being wrong immediately afterwards, knowing that they'll get sorted out on the next restart.

btw, you can probably get the installer and TopManager to work via ftp from your "normal" machine, via the closer laptop (in much the same way that you could by using a hacked Slug or ASUS router as your Toppy's network connection).

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012