Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  Best to remove Taps & start again?

Page 1 of 1
Ronseal
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:03 pm Reply with quote
I've just upgraded teh HDD to a 1TB WD10EARS, all has gone well formatting & transferring over files & folders from old disk, but when I power on it keeps restarting after about 15-20secs.

I've booted with no Taps running & its fine, channels there, recordings there etc

I have Mystuff 6.4 and display tap, as these seem to be the problem after I;ve copied them across am I best deleting ALL taps from autostart & other directories & doinf a fresh install of Mystuff???

Thanks
Chris
juwlz
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:01 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10353 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
Start by taking MyStuff out of Auto Start. Start the machine up and see whether it crashes. Then, once it's been up and running for about 5 minutes (assuming it doesn't crash), run MyStuff manually and see what happens.

It may be that it's MyInfo (or something else in Auto Start) that's finding a problem and causing the crash. That quite often happens around the time that MyStuff is loading and searching, making it LOOK like a MyStuff problem.

If it really is MyStuff that's making it crash, start by just deleting the EPG files. These are the most likely culprits. (TopManager has a function to delete all the relvant files. Otherwise, search the forums, but you're basically looking for data files starting with EPG.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
Ronseal
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Thanks juwlz, I'd already deleted all files & didia fresh install before I read your reply. This fixed the problem & now enjoying the benefits of having endless capacity on the HDD Smile ......that is until we fill it up again!