Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Computer connections  ~  Transfer files from a TF5800 to a Mac

Page 1 of 1
Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Where can I find info about copying a file from the TF5800 to my rMacBookPro using a USB link? MacTf which I have used in the past does not seen to work with OS X 10.10.1

Three TF5800s 250GB 500GB and 1TB. Panasonic DMR EX75 & Panasonic 50" plasma with 2TB. TF5800 with MyStuff 6 and firmware 5.13.65T Tx Pontop Pike
24" iMac running OS X 10.10 & 15" retina MacBook and iPads
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:59 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 Mar 2006 Posts: 178 Location: Northants - Oxford TX
First, apologies for not spotting your post sooner, but we moved house in the autumn. Need I say more? Wink

You may have already solved your problem but I'll post this anyway in case it helps other users.

We use Altair in MPEG Streamclip. You'll see from that page that the program has not been updated since August 2012, so this may or may not work. However it's free so you have nothing to lose by downloading and trying it.

There are scores of comments on the Streamclip page on MacUpdate which indicates varying degrees of success in using it in later versions of OS-X.

To work properly, however, Streamclip does need a component from QT Pro, despite Apple's insistence that it does not. We have the current QT Player as well as QT7 Pro on both our machines. We use it with our Snow Leopard MBP for transfer and editing and on the iMac (Mountain Lion) for editing. Its main use is for removing ads from shows being kept long term.

I'm writing this from memory, since we haven't used it for a while Smile
USB cable from Toppy to MBP
Switch on Toppy
Launch Streamclip
In the menu bar, go to the Altair header and click on Files. After a few seconds, it should open a file window showing the contents of the Toppy. Negotiate to your file and click Download.
*We've found that Turbo (on by default) sometimes does not work properly, so if a download fails, deactivate Turbo and try again. Then, depending on file size, be very, very patient. Haven't timed it, but I think it's more or less real time

Signature to be updated...