Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  UK Timers v1.2

Page 25 of 26
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
andrec
Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:59 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Posts: 1345 Location: Bristol, U.K.
j-u-l-e-s wrote:
I've saved the whole folder called "copy to Toppy" using Altair to the "ProgramFiles" directory on my toppy (but not in the "Autostart" folder).

I'm not clear why you're referring to a folder called "copy to Toppy". There are a lot of files marked "copy to Toppy", and many of them are in sub-folders.

Does what is on your Toppy look like this:

and

I'm wondering whether you haven't properly created the folder structure which UK Timers is expecting.

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:02 am Reply with quote
Hmmm ... that's interesting. No the files don't look exactly like that. After downloading and then unzipping from this site the contents of UK Timers v1.2c looks like this:

Copy to DigiGuide Folder on PC - File folder
Copy to Toppy - File folder
Basic instructions.doc
Basic instructions.pdf

I have only copied the second folder across to my Toppy and the contents of this folder are:

UK TAP Project - File folder
UKTimers.tap - Tap file

Within the UK TAP Project folder are:
Source Logos - File folder
logo.dat - DAT file
MakeLogos.tap - TAP file

So initially I just copied "Copy to Toppy" top level folder to my Toppy, which then appeared as a separate folder beneath the Autostart folder within ProgramFiles but I've also tried just copying the individual files as well ... does this make sense?

tichtich
Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:59 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 May 2005 Posts: 1378 Location: Bristol, UK
j-u-l-e-s wrote:
So initially I just copied "Copy to Toppy" top level folder to my Toppy, which then appeared as a separate folder beneath the Autostart folder within ProgramFiles but I've also tried just copying the individual files as well ... does this make sense?

The latter is correct, i.e. you should transfer the contents of the "Copy to Toppy" folder, but not the folder itself. Those contents (which are"UkTimers.tap" and the "UK TAP Project" folder with its own contents) can be put either in "Auto Start" or in "Program Files", depending on whether you want UK Timers to autostart. So you will have...

[ProgramFiles]
-[Auto Start]
--[UK TAP Project]
--UkTimers.tap

OR

[ProgramFiles]
-[UK TAP Project]
-UkTimers.tap

If that doesn't work for you, there must be some other problem.

Firmware: 5.13.65 (patched). Auto Start TAPs: TapCommander 1.0.2, Power Down 0.6, DescriptionExtender 2.2, mei2archive 3.8I3, Automove 1.8, QuickJump 1.54, Improbox 2.1RC8, Jag's EPG 3.0b3 (TV & radio), Media Manager 1.5, MHEG Control A2g, Extend 1.7. PC apps: DGtoTop 1.1. Profile last updated 13/05/2009
andrec
Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:08 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Posts: 1345 Location: Bristol, U.K.
j-u-l-e-s wrote:
<snip>

Not entirely Confused. I think you seem to be saying that you have copied files to the Auto Start folder, whereas you originally said they weren't in Auto Start.

Referring to my images, above:

(a) I'm on v1.2b and you're on 1.2c. That, as I'm sure you realise, is irrelevant

(b) My files really are in Auto Start, but I doctored the images to make it look as though they weren't to try to match what I thought you were saying Shocked.

I'm still confused when you refer to copying folders rather than files [While composing this, I see tichtich has sent something similar].

I suggest you start again. Remove whatever UK Timers stuff you've got on the Toppy and copy files into folders to match my images.

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:12 am Reply with quote
Thanks - I'll give it another go just copying the individual files.

I definitely haven't put anything into Autostart - ... the new folder appeared beneath Autostart demonstrating I had saved everything to the main ProgramFiles directory, where Autostart is also a separate sub-folder.

Thanks again for you help - I'm going to try once more but if it doesn't work I'll just go ahead and upgrade the firmware without exporting the timers.

Jules

shinyford
Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:34 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Dec 2005 Posts: 726 Location: London
Ah! 'Beneath' as in 'below in the list', not geek-'beneath' meaning 'inside'.

Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:04 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 27 Sep 2005 Posts: 54 Location: St Neots, UK
Hi folks

Is there any doumentation on the formats of the ExportList.txt and TimerList.txt files? I'm just getting into DGtoTop, and find I'd like to export either OT or Weekly timers, but DGtoTop doesn't do the latter - possibly because it's impossible Wink

If ExportList.txt (the official route) doesn't support his, I'd have to do a sleazy hack and use TimerList.txt. I know it's not intended for timer import, but as I understand that UK Timers can no longer be updated due to loss of the source code Sad this may be my only route, apart from switching to another TAP - and I like UK Timers!

Cheers

Jonathan

Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:08 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
Try exporting and backing up your timers and then looking at the resulting files. The format is self-explanatory, I think.

Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:21 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 May 2005 Posts: 1378 Location: Bristol, UK
I'll second what R2-D2 said. You'll see that the TimerList.txt file does have a field for frequency, e.g. "Everyday".

I did consider adding support for TimerList.txt format to DGtoTop, but I didn't feel it was needed. Feel free to do it yourself, though. No reason why it shouldn't be used for timer import. Wink

Firmware: 5.13.65 (patched). Auto Start TAPs: TapCommander 1.0.2, Power Down 0.6, DescriptionExtender 2.2, mei2archive 3.8I3, Automove 1.8, QuickJump 1.54, Improbox 2.1RC8, Jag's EPG 3.0b3 (TV & radio), Media Manager 1.5, MHEG Control A2g, Extend 1.7. PC apps: DGtoTop 1.1. Profile last updated 13/05/2009
h4yn0nnym0u5e
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:39 pm Reply with quote
R2-D2 wrote:
Try exporting and backing up your timers and then looking at the resulting files. The format is self-explanatory, I think.

Thanks - I had a look, and... Embarassed

Mostly OK, but ... does the Timer number (column 1) matter (if you send a timer 1, does it overwrite the old one)? Does it require both LCN and Service name? What does the "Name fixed" column signify? Looking at the first lines, presumably these are ignored, and, as in the output of DGtoTop, may as well be left blank?

Thanks for any help you can give

Jonathan

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:56 pm Reply with quote
The source is on Berlios, but from memory:
  • Timer number is just for prettiness.
  • The service name is only used if help is needed to disambiguate multiple services with the same LCN -- intended for local versions of channels (I think) but not relevant for Freeview.
  • "Name fixed" is the normal TAP API timer field (i.e. whether the filename for the .rec is being supplied, otherwise the Toppy will make one up).

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Great! Thanks R2 - I'll take a look. I thought the sources had been lost - is this not the case? Or are these reconstructed or a previous version?

Cheers

Jonathan

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Old sources, but the export and import file format has remained the same, I believe.

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 22 Aug 2005 Posts: 1060 Location: London, UK
First let me say that UKTimers has worked well for me for several years (FW5.12.25).

But while experimenting with a new (refurbished) TF5800 (FW5.13.65n) I get the following weirdness. It works perfectly when started manually from ProgramFiles. But moving the same tap file to Auto Start (where there is nothing else) it will not work, neither automatically nor manually.

By not work I mean it appears to start (screen flickers once) but then the white button does nothing.

Any ideas?
Duncan

edit: just noticed Andre's screen shot says 1.2b whereas I d/l and am installing 1.2c - is that important?
jumbo
Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Apr 2005 Posts: 4733
Use TAP Commander to ensure that your tap loading order is such that UK Timers grabs the key you want first. The subversions were due to R2-D2 hacks to enable a larger number of timers allowed.