Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAP and patch development  ~  A shot in the dark for a MUTE solution!

Page 1 of 1
jumbo
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Apr 2005 Posts: 4733
I've recently performed some jiggery pokery with my Audio/Video setup using an HDMI Matrix Switcher to address my hitherto shortage of HDMI and (analog) audio sockets on a number of gizmos I have somehow linked up. In the mle I have noticed, but not explored further, that when I watch my Freesat box and the Toppy is recording I get a very faint crosstalk mixing with the Freesat audio. I haven't tried to locate the exact cause but if I mute the Toppy that solves the problem.

Now my question is this: Has there been a TAP or a patch that automatically mutes the Toppy when either recording from standby or when a current recording is followed by a request to switch off, i.e. mute when I'm not actively watching the Toppy?

By mute I mean either Toppy "mute" and/or disable the RCA/CINCH output.
miri
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 Aug 2006 Posts: 150 Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Could Power Down do the trick?

http://www.toppy.org.uk/~simonc/powerdown.html

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:55 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Nov 2010 Posts: 516
You could try my TAP BlankStuff http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18270
Basically the screen is blank and muted unless you actively choose to play back a recording, or actively choose to watch live TV. At boot and when playback ends it goes back to blank silence. It might be a bit "aggressive" for what you want though, it's mainly designed for us curmudgeons who hate live TV. Also it's optimised to work with MyStuff, I don't know whether you use MS or not.

MarkPax
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:53 pm Reply with quote
I had a tickle with BlankStuff, v2.7 now goes to a blank, mute screen if you press Power in playback or live TV. It won't stop a recording, but if it's not recording the Toppy will go straight to sleep. If it is recording, it will still go blank & silent but will then wait for the recording to end before going to sleep. If that's what you want let me know.

You might still get 4-5 seconds of audio if the Toppy starts up for a recording, it switches straight to the channel and my TAP can't blank/mute it until gets loaded starts a few seconds later. Don't know how to fix that one

jumbo
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:49 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Apr 2005 Posts: 4733
Power Manager doesn't quite do what I need. I'll give BlankStuff a go MarkPax. Sounds like it addresses half my problem. Thanks. I'll let you know of my finding in due course.
MarkPax
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:59 am Reply with quote
If it doesn't do what you want, let me know and we'll see about adding it