Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAP and patch development  ~  EIT_Sub -- reliable EIT collection

Page 2 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5953 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Wow that was quick Cool

Copied it over and rebooted the toppy. Waited a minute or so and entered Bomb Hexa. Much better now thank you Very Happy

I am seeing the odd double drops of the fruit for a single press of the remote button. However I have seen this before, just not as common with this TAP running, but I can't honestly say with hand on heart that something isn't quite right. Would you know if you're TAP is causing this behaviour from this description, or does your TAP simply stop running when you enter the games menu? That would mean I am seeing normal Toppy behaviour and I'm just suffering from OOTT at the moment.

Lastly, am I supposed to 'see' any improvement for the eit gathering or is this a behind the scenes type thing?

Thanks again for all your work.

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
R2-D2
Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
I am seeing the odd double drops of the fruit for a single press of the remote button.
Press the button more gently then! The side-effect of running this version is that the Toppy ought to be even more responsive during games since all EIT collection is disabled.

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5953 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Very Happy

Damn you Sir I think you could be right; not that I should be such a doubter really Shocked Embarassed

Just switched from using my harmony remote to the standard Toppy remote and all signs of double responses have gone. So I just need to revisit the button delay settings for the Harmony and jobs a good'un.

Thanks once again, much appreciated. Small donation on its way. Cool

R2-D2
Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:55 pm Reply with quote
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
Just switched from using my harmony remote to the standard Toppy remote
Ah... I think the Harmony is setup by default to send 3 repeats per press, which really buggers up the more sensitive setting they used on the TF5810. I believe there's a way to make it do 2 instead.

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm, just checked the settings for the Harmony and pressed the 'Default' icon for each of the following and none of the values changed from that I had already.

Power On Delay 1000 ms
Inter-Key Delay 0 ms
Inter-Device Delay 200 ms

Confused

R2-D2
Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Isn't there a specific "Repeats" option?

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Not exactly. Buried deep in the device trouble shooting section is an option that says "PVR responds to some commands either too many times or only occasionally." Clicking this option presents a set of radio buttons numbered 0 to 5. Mine is set to 0. The default is 1. So my assumption is that it can't reduce this effect any further being set to 0.

This is based on the tip centre text
Quote:
If your device responds too slowly, or not at all when you press a button on the remote, increase the value to 4 or 5.
If your device responds too quickly, lower the value to 2, 1 or 0.

ROWANMOOR
Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 740 Location: Redhill, Surrey
You could try contacting Harmony support - They may be able to translate the 'noddy' interface into actual numbers of repeats for you to understand and be able to get it working better.

Toppy: TF5800pvrt Remote: Harmony 885
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -EpVr+CbCfCtDDsEgEmEvEzFpFsHsIMPePfPsScUUaUuUyVbVcVdWfZ
TAPs: SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; TAP Commander 1.34; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; MHEG Control B2.1; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.4; TF5000 Display v1.53; MyInfo B5.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 8/7/11
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:50 pm Reply with quote
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
Mine is set to 0. The default is 1.
That sounds like the "repeats" bit that others have alluded to (Nigel?). 0 seems a good choice (if it works), and the text makes it appear that 3 is actually the normal setting -- strange that it isn't also the default. Confused

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:45 am Reply with quote
I haven't had a chance yet to update the remote with some subtle changes I've made via the Harmony Remote Software. Nonetheless I've still attempted to play BH over the last few days and sometimes the response to the remote is fine and other times the columns of fruit are whizzing from one side of the screen to the other. Likewise when changing the order of fruit in a dropping column cycles like crazy.

Any idea why the effects should be different between one session and another?

My Toppy is powered down to standby when not in use. It doesn't appear to be related to the toppy recording something when this happens. In fact I can't see any pattern to this behaviour at all Sad Confused

R2-D2
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:53 am Reply with quote
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
Any idea why the effects should be different between one session and another?
Is it consistent during a session? Is it too fast or too slow, or both?

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Well I've just attempted another game without turning the toppy to standby and it's playing at 'normal' speed. I'd only left it about 10 minutes between attempts. No recordings taking place. Interactive is always off, time shifting on.

When it goes wrong it's always too fast.

R2-D2
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:32 pm Reply with quote
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
When it goes wrong it's always too fast.
Smile You could remove some of the speed-up patches.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Got another oddity. No idea really what's causing it but since 2 others of the MyStuff team are on the same Tx as me and I'm the only one seeing this issue I looked to this as being the only difference. Although I do have my own hand crafted patch list.

I've lost epg data (from the toppy too) for C4, C4+1, More4, Five, ITV1,
ITV2, E4 & Yesterday. Possibly others, but they're not in my faves list.

I can get the toppy to populate its epg only by selecting one of these channels. If I open the epg and sit on BBC1, they never populate.

The date and time stamp of EPG.mei suggests it's getting updated, but if I open it Notepad then it's pretty obvious that the data isn't there for these channels.

Whats the best why to diagnose this? Simply remove the TAP from AS and see if the data comes good perhaps?

MyInfo log...

Code:
MyInfo B4.1a Logging settings etc on 6/10/2009 at 19:26

System ID: 456

Reported firmware version: TF-NPT 5.13.65P dated Feb 16 2009
Base firmware version: 13.65

No channel problems detected

Interactive Off
Timeshift On

Running TAPS:
   Slot 0: EIT Sub (Game) v0.6  :  Provides faster, simpler and more robust EIT data collection, except when playing games
   Slot 1: MyStuff 6.01 B1  :  UI Replacement
   Slot 2: Extend v1.7  :  Uses the Accurate Recording info to extend recordings (safely)
   Slot 3: SecCache (UK) v0.4  :  Optimal (UK) section caching to reduce the load on the Toppy
   Slot 4: MyInfo B4.1a  :  Displays & records Toppy basic info
   Slot 5: EPG2MEI v0.94  :  Dumps the EPG data to disk as EPG.mei, with changes since last time in EPG_diff.mei
   Slot 6: MHEG Control B2  :  MHEG & Teletext control
   Slot 7 not used
   Slot 8 not used
   Slot 9 not used
   Slot 10 not used
   Slot 11 not used
   Slot 12 not used
   Slot 13 not used
   Slot 14 not used
   Slot 15 not used

Installed patch string: AbBfBmBqC0CbCeCkCpCwCyDDeEcEeEfEgEmErEsEvEzFFlFpFsGmHHeIKtMMhNfPPcPePfPsRR0ReRhRpRsSScSdSlSrStT2TaTeTfTpTsUUaUcUuUxWfXXpXwZXl

Memory - Free: 15 MB,  Available: 13 MB
Disk - Total: 372 GB, Free: 124 GB

Installed patch list:
   Ab
   Bf
   Bm
   Bq
   C0
   Cb
   Ce
   Ck
   Cp
   Cw
   Cy
   D
   De
   Ec
   Ee
   Ef
   Eg
   Em
   Er
   Es
   Ev
   Ez
   F
   Fl
   Fp
   Fs
   Gm
   H
   He
   I
   Kt
   M
   Mh
   Nf
   P
   Pc
   Pe
   Pf
   Ps
   R
   R0
   Re
   Rh
   Rp
   Rs
   S
   Sc
   Sd
   Sl
   Sr
   St
   T2
   Ta
   Te
   Tf
   Tp
   Ts
   U
   Ua
   Uc
   Uu
   Ux
   Wf
   X
   Xp
   Xw
   Z
   Xl

Time since boot: 0:0:1 (d:h:m)

Patch Decode Link - Will explain your patches:
http://www.toppy.org.uk/~simonc/dp.html?p=AbBfBmBqC0CbCeCkCpCwCyDDeEcEeEfEgEmErEsEvEzFFlFpFsGmHHeIKtMMhNfPPcPePfPsRR0ReRhRpRsSScSdSlSrStT2TaTeTfTpTsUUaUcUuUxWfXXpXwZXl

Suggested signature for Toppy forum - copy following lines to signature block at http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/profile.php?mode=editprofile
[size=10][b]TF5800[/b], TS On, F/W: 13.65AbBfBmBqC0CbCeCkCpCwCyDDeEcEeEfEgEmErEsEvEzFFlFpFsGmHHeIKtMMhNfPPcPePfPsRR0ReRhRpRsSScSdSlSrStT2TaTeTfTpTsUUaUcUuUxWfXXpXwZXl
 [b]TAPs:[/b] EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MyStuff 6.01 B1; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; MyInfo B4.1a; EPG2MEI v0.94; MHEG Control B2;
Sig generated by [url=http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/emjbtaps/MyInfo/MyInfo.zip]MyInfo[/url] on 6/10/09[/size]

Log file completed

[edit]The Toppy Archive says I can't move the TAP either. Is this because it's in use?

R2-D2
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:44 am Reply with quote
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
I can get the toppy to populate its epg only by selecting one of these channels. If I open the epg and sit on BBC1, they never populate.
What sort of "never" is that? Is this a one-off or reliable? With the Game version, try popping into the Game menu then exiting it -- that should reset the EIT filters.
Quote:
The Toppy Archive says I can't move the TAP either. Is this because it's in use?
Nope -- the TAP file is only locked while it's initially being read and loaded.