Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  StartCBeebies

Page 1 of 1
R2-D2
Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
StartCBeebies is a simple TAP for parents, automatically selecting CBeebies when the Toppy is turned on in the morning (6.00am-10.00am), lunchtime (12.00pm-2.00pm) and evening (4.00pm-7.00pm) -- at other times it will let the Toppy default to the last tuned channel (or maybe BBC1 if you have [Sc] applied). The TAP should be placed in Auto Start and the speed of the channel change will depend on how far up the boot order it is (use TAPCommander to see and adjust that).

I knocked this up because I got fed up with issues involving XStart and StartChannelLCN affecting the EIT collection, and now that [Pe] exists I had no other use for XStart...

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Nov 2008 Posts: 189 Location: Very Close to Winter Hill
R2-D2 wrote:
StartCBeebiesI knocked this up because I got fed up with issues involving XStart and StartChannelLCN

And you don't want to miss CBeebies of course Laughing

glenmcfar
Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
Ah, this sounds good. I'll be applying it immediately. Pity it doesn't default to CBeebies from 6am right thru to 7pm, nudge nudge Very Happy

Glen.

shinyford
Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Dec 2005 Posts: 726 Location: London
Any chance the channel could be configurable? My little boy likes Milkshake on Five.

Also, if it's turned on to CBeebies in the morning, will it go to CBeebies as the last tuned channel if switched on in the afternoon, or to the channel last tuned to before CBeebies automatically took over in the morning? I.E. if I was tuned to BBC1 last night, I'd like it to come back to that when I turn on tonight, even if it was switched on this morning by my son for an hour or so. (This assumes he remembers to switch it off again, of course, and manages not to spill porridge on it.)

Actually, reading that paragraph back it looks unmanageable. Forget that one.

Cheers

Nic

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:21 pm Reply with quote
shinyford wrote:
Any chance the channel could be configurable?
Yeah, source is supplied. In fact, I had intended to make the channel as configurable as StartChannelLCN (via a .txt file), but at the last minute I changed my mind. Smile So just comment out the changeChannel() line that is currently used and reinstate the previous line.

I've got a prototype that had configurable times too, but it's not finished because it seemed a bit of a waste of effort. Smile

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 3891 Location: Buckingham
R2-D2 wrote:
I had intended to make the channel as configurable as StartChannelLCN (via a .txt file)

Pronounced .ini ? Wink

R2-D2
Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:56 pm Reply with quote
gomezz wrote:
Pronounced .ini ?
As much as I dislike .ini files, it was kept as .txt in StartChannelLCN in deference to (and to be consistent with) the choice made by the author of the original StartChannel TAP.

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Much more generic version here.