Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  MyInfo B5.6

Page 2 of 29
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next
juwlz
Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:05 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10280 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
Thank you. Cool

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
EMJB
Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3433 Location: Maldon Essex
juwlz wrote:
I guess the Autostart version will be of limited use after crashes with VF&F with large numbers of (usually MP3) files, as it's possible that VF&F will still be chugging away a minute after reboot, but in that case, it's hardly going to be a big deal to run it again manually if necessary.

I had not really considered the impact of a long V&V. You should always get a log file when you boot if it is in Auto Start, but:

* When the TAP receives its first idle message after ~1 minute from boot, it will do its logging. However the V&V may mean other TAPs (notably the likes of MyStuff) may not have fully initialised themselves by this time and the memory utilisation may not represent normal use.

* If the first idle message is not received until after ~2 minutes from boot, the screen data will appear and you will have to press a key to get rid of it.

on the assumption that the TAP_GetTick() value is initialised before the V&V rather than after.

EMJB
R2-D2
Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
EMJB wrote:
on the assumption that the TAP_GetTick() value is initialised before the V&V rather than after.
Yeah, it is done on booting, which means before the VF&F. In the end I increased the window to 3mins on the Auto Start mode of FastScanGUI for this reason.

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 26 Jul 2006 Posts: 39 Location: Emsworth, Hants
Great work EMJB.

However, I can't reconcile the Installed patch string with what I think I have. The log shows:
Quote:
Installed patch string: OtVbVdZXl

I think I'm running with a few more patches than that so could this indicate a bug? It's either that, or I'm a bit rubbish at HDFW Laughing

Dave

Linux slug 2.6.18-6-ixp4xx, Debian Etch
EMJB
Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:25 pm Reply with quote
davidb wrote:
However, I can't reconcile the Installed patch string with what I think I have. The log shows:
Quote:

I think I'm running with a few more patches than that so could this indicate a bug? It's either that, or I'm a bit rubbish at HDFW Laughing

Dave

Probably an error introduced in my attempts to punctuate, though CW and I have tried with different patch strings. There are effectively 3 different versions of the patch list:

(1) The raw string as normally shown in signatures etc.

(2) The list of individual patches at the end of the log file.

(3) The displayed list when you run the TAP.

Do they all show the same problem? How many patches do you think you have - perhaps I have not allowed for enough!

I have another version on the stocks with the time from boot + a CW request which might have fixed the problem by accident - could you please retry with that version when I release it?

EMJB
juwlz
Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:15 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10280 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
EMJB wrote:
How many patches do you think you have - perhaps I have not allowed for enough!
Ha! If you can find somebody with significantly more patches installed than CW, I'll be amazed Wink

Mind you, R2-D2 does keep churning them out, bless 'is cotton socks. I don't suppose Firebird ever thought that one line wouldn't be enough room to display them all in HDFW either.
Perhaps the display for the manual version should allow use of the Up or Down key to scroll through the output, and any other key to exit? (Sorry!)

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
davidb
Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:24 pm Reply with quote
EMJB wrote:

Do they all show the same problem? How many patches do you think you have - perhaps I have not allowed for enough!

I have another version on the stocks with the time from boot + a CW request which might have fixed the problem by accident - could you please retry with that version when I release it?

EMJB

Yes, they all show the same problem. I only have 35 patches installed (I hope) - I updated my sig before posting, after going through the HDFW screen and writing down all the ones with an "X" against them. TBH I saw your tap as an easy way to get at that magic string since it's easier than writing stuff down Laughing

The name of the patched firmware file I saved (when re-checking my patches this afternoon) ends just in OtVbVdZ - maybe I'll read the 30-odd page thread on HDFW again, tomorrow. I know the USB patches work, and the roundel stuff so I think they're there...

Will happily try any new versions and report back.

Dave

EMJB
Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Version A3 now available from here.
Changes are:

* Time since boot added to screen (1st post screenshot updated) and log file

* Suggested forum signature added to log file (as suggested by CW)

and I may have fixed davidb's problem by accident!

EMJB
chunkywizard
Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:35 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9277 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
just to back up what EMJB says, I checked A3 output against HDFW and all my (50+) patches are listed correctly.

Cheers

CW

p.s. Hope everyone without a sig is making use of the sig generator!!

R2-D2
Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
(Note to EMJB: nice TAP! But I wouldn't recommend using both AccurateBM and the [Ab] patch... and if you use the TAPAPIFix()-ed disk routine then you won't get the trailing garbage in the log file.)

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:47 pm Reply with quote
R2-D2 wrote:
(Note to EMJB: nice TAP! But I wouldn't recommend using both AccurateBM and the [Ab] patch... and if you use the TAPAPIFix()-ed disk routine then you won't get the trailing garbage in the log file.)

Thanks for advicce about TAP & Ab - have removed former for Auto Start.

I do use the TAPAPIFix - just still have the code in from before the fix that stretches the file with zeros to 512 byte boundary! Keep meaning to remove it and keep forgetting. Perhaps next time!

EMJB
Wallace
Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 22 Mar 2008 Posts: 911 Location: Winter Hill
I have loaded this TAP onto my 5810 and it is very good, thank you. However, I have noticed that it states that interactive services are OFF when in fact they are on. I have tried "toggling" them off/on but MyInfo A3 still tells me that it is off.

alan_m
Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Oct 2006 Posts: 3123 Location: Southchurch Village, Southend-on-Sea
Wallace wrote:
I have loaded this TAP onto my 5810 and it is very good, thank you. However, I have noticed that it states that interactive services are OFF when in fact they are on. I have tried "toggling" them off/on but MyInfo A3 still tells me that it is off.

Same here on a 5800

davidb
Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Just tried the latest version and...

Quote:
MyInfo A3 logging settings etc on 23/12/2008 at 20:26

System ID: 456

Firmware version: 1365

Interactive On

Running TAPS:
Slot 0: eit2mei BETA 7.8m6 : Harvests MEI data from EPG
Slot 1: DescriptionExtender 2.23 : Provides long TAP EPG descriptions
Slot 2: MyStuff 5.62c : UI Replacement
Slot 3: Remote Extender 1.5 : Makes extra remote keys accessible to other TAPs
Slot 4: TF5000 Display v1.29 : Displays alternative info on the 7-segment
Slot 5: EITDupFix v0.3 : Fixes the linear probing on the EIT list
Slot 6: MyInfo A3 : Displays & records Toppy basic info
Slot 7 not used
Slot 8 not used
Slot 9 not used
Slot 10 not used
Slot 11 not used
Slot 12 not used
Slot 13 not used
Slot 14 not used
Slot 15 not used

Memory - Free: 12 MB, Available: 11 MB
Disk - Total: 149 GB, Free: 78 GB
35 recordings (73 GB) + 0 deleted (0 GB) in 11 folders (+ 8 empty folders)

Installed patch list:
Ot
Vb
Vd
Z
Xl

Time since boot: 0:4:31 (d:h:m)

Suggested signature for Toppy forum
Toppy:TF5800t F/W:1365OtVbVdZXl
TAPs: eit2mei BETA 7.8m6 - DescriptionExtender 2.23 - MyStuff 5.62c - Remote Extender 1.5 - TF5000 Display v1.29 - EITDupFix v0.3 - MyInfo A3
Sig generated by MyInfo on 23/12/2008

Maybe my patch game is weak Embarassed Laughing

If there's anything I can do - like install a pre-patched firmware or something then let me know...

Dave

alan_m
Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Oct 2006 Posts: 3123 Location: Southchurch Village, Southend-on-Sea
alan_m wrote:
Wallace wrote:

Same here on a 5800

The log file gives the correct information for the status of interactive and it is reported as both on and off, when toggled in the Toppy menu.

The on-screen display always reports interactive is off.

Re: skins

If I put a file called EMJBTaps.mcf in ProgramFiles\Settings\Skins I can get coloured backgrounds and text. If I rename the file to MyInfo.mcf the TAP uses default colours – it doesn't seem to find MyInfo.mcf as suggested in the .pdf manual.