Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Firmwares, enhancements and upgrades  ~  Paused Recording ending Starts Playback

Page 1 of 5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:41 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9305 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi R2

Is it possible to change the behaviour where a paused recording restarts when the recording comes to an end? I would prefer it to remain paused. I am not sure if this could be patched or whether it would need someone like Bob to add it to MyStuff.

Cheers

CW

R2-D2
Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:24 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
It's been asked a few times before, but it's very low on my list as it's such a niche thing and you can easily jump to the bookmark it places.

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:25 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
maybe if people keep asking....

Please R2?

While we're on the subject could Chunkywizard ask BobD to fix the 'record from buffer' issue that causes it to jump back to the start of the buffer? Embarassed

Glen.

R2-D2
Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:29 am Reply with quote
glenmcfar wrote:
maybe if people keep asking...
...it'll take up lots of forum posts? Smile
Quote:
the 'record from buffer' issue that causes it to jump back to the start of the buffer?
At a "fix" level, this is because the system doesn't like to stop playback in certain circumstances, and in the past (pre-[St]) the TAP API function would cause a crash rather than ignoring the stop request. I'm fairly sure some code to wait and try stopping a few more times was suggested at the time the API bug was found, but I'm not sure how far through BobD went with it.

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jun 2005 Posts: 3499 Location: Owner of 3 Topfields
It would be nice if it remained paused....
juwlz
Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:04 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10354 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
Yes, staying paused would definitely be good.

Julie
P.S. How many separate people need to post to raise the priority level, R2? Wink

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Maybe there should be a voting page somewhere. Smile With total votes (plus number of donations?).

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Sep 2005 Posts: 748 Location: Hull
R2-D2 wrote:
It's been asked a few times before, but it's very low on my list as it's such a niche thing and you can easily jump to the bookmark it places.

This has always annoyed me (slightly!). I never really use the 'go to bookmark' on the play ribbon, and when I do I never remember which coloured button to press. I always press the green button, because the bookmark is green! It would help me enormously if the coloured dot could be changed from green to yellow (is that the right button?!).

5800 Samsung 1Tb Autostart TAPs: Extend 1.7;TSRCommander 1.5;TF5000 Display 1.53;EPG2MEI 0.95;MyStuff 6.5;QuickJump 1.72;Power Down 0.75;SecCache 0.4;TSSaver 0.4;MHEG Control B2;eit_sub_sng 0.6 Transmitter: Belmont Extras: as2mei (via NSLU2)
chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:08 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9305 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
I must admit I didn't know it placed a bookmark Embarassed It's about time donated anyway so if bribery works then I look forward to the patch Razz

CW

R2-D2
Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:49 pm Reply with quote
billmars wrote:
It would help me enormously if the coloured dot could be changed from green to yellow
Yeah, but the background of the bar is yellow... Anyway, [By] BookmarkYellow.

Last edited by R2-D2 on Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Did he bribe you more than me? Rolling Eyes

CW

glenmcfar
Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
R2-D2 wrote:
billmars wrote:
It would help me enormously if the coloured dot could be changed from green to yellow
Yeah, but the background of the bar is yellow... Anyway, [By] BookmarkYellow.

Nice one R2-D2 but it would probably be easier if you had told billmars just to press the correct button.

R2-D2
Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:01 pm Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:
Did he bribe you more than me?
Which colour did you want? Smile

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Laughing

juwlz
Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:17 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10354 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
R2-D2 wrote:
Maybe there should be a voting page somewhere. Smile With total votes (plus number of donations?).
Do previous donations count, or are you feeling the pinch with Christmas coming? Shocked

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012