Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAP and patch development  ~  [Tf] TimerFilename -- prevents Prog-2-2.rec

Page 1 of 1
R2-D2
Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:17 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
[Tf] TimerFilename alters the way the Toppy makes the filename for a (native) timer in order to prevent the doubled extensions, like Prog-2-2.rec. It does this by preventing extensions being added to the timer filename, and so always leaving the final (possibly extended) filename to be decided when the recording actually starts.

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:36 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Oct 2007 Posts: 1893 Location: E Yorkshire Belmont Transmitter
R2-D2 wrote:
[Tf] TimerFilename alters the way the Toppy makes the filename for a (native) timer in order to prevent the doubled extensions, like Prog-2-2.rec. It does this by preventing extensions being added to the timer filename, and so always leaving the final (possibly extended) filename to be decided when the recording actually starts.

Looks good.

Any chance that the final filename extension could be based on hhddmm, say, so moving recordings into folders would be simple.
R2-D2
Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:53 am Reply with quote
ccs wrote:
Any chance that the final filename extension could be based on hhddmm
Not a chance, I'm afraid -- that's too complicated for a small patch. But plenty of TAPs do that sort of thing.

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:26 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Oct 2007 Posts: 1893 Location: E Yorkshire Belmont Transmitter
R2-D2 wrote:
ccs wrote:
Any chance that the final filename extension could be based on hhddmm
Not a chance, I'm afraid -- that's too complicated for a small patch. But plenty of TAPs do that sort of thing.

The only one I can find is automove 1.9 final, but is it 5810 compatible?

I want to continue using native timers.
R2-D2
Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:41 am Reply with quote
ccs wrote:
The only one I can find is automove 1.9 final, but is it 5810 compatible?
I can't see any reason why not, but you may be the first to find out. There are other TAPs, like MediaManager and Filer (I think), that can do suitable renaming.

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:48 am Reply with quote
R2-D2 wrote:

I added this patch last Friday, but got a "-5-2" extension on Saturday.

Is this because the SL program was already in the timer list before the patch was added ?
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:53 am Reply with quote
ccs wrote:
Is this because the SL program was already in the timer list before the patch was added ?
Yep! (I had to go around the back and hack mine into shape first.) Just give it a week and all your duff ones will have worked their way out of the system.

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 23 May 2008 Posts: 367 Location: Coventry
Feedback information.

I set 4 consecutive Single Recordings for 'Star Maths' episodes 33 to 36 using the native EPG: these were at 05:20, 05:30, 05:40 & 05:50 on Channel 4 this morning.

They all recorded OK, but are listed as:-

C4 Education: Star Maths
C4 Education: Star Maths-2
C4 Education: Star Maths 4
C4 Education: Star Maths 4-2

Just thought that I would let you know in case it serendipitously triggered a greater understanding of that bit of the code.

Chris.

TAPs: QuickJump 1.72; MPDisplayLITE V1.2; QuickBlank 0.2; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MyInfo B5.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.4; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; MHEG On/Off A3; (Start Channel LCN);
Sig generated by MyInfo on 14/3/12
TV=Panasonic TX-32DT2 IDTV (32" CRT via CVBS-SCART), Tx: Sutton Coldfield. "My other PVR is a TiVo".
R2-D2
Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:05 pm Reply with quote
chris_s wrote:
C4 Education: Star Maths
C4 Education: Star Maths-2
C4 Education: Star Maths 4
C4 Education: Star Maths 4-2
Looks absolutely fine to me. Complain to C4 if you expected the programmes to all be called "C4 Education: Star Maths", without some being "C4 Education: Star Maths 4". Smile

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 23 May 2008 Posts: 367 Location: Coventry
R2-D2 wrote:
Looks absolutely fine to me. Complain to C4 if you expected the programmes to all be called "C4 Education: Star Maths", without some being "C4 Education: Star Maths 4". Smile

Just looked at the title of each recording using the 'i' button ............. well what are the chances of that happening? Embarassed
ccs
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:59 pm Reply with quote
R2-D2 wrote:

At first, I didn't like the -1,-2 method of naming programs, but now I much prefer it.

However, there is one thing which I do find a nuisance.

If you've recorded Fixer, Fixer-2, Fixer-3 and then watch and delete the first episode, the next recording comes in as Fixer, so the sequence is broken.
Any chance that it could be named Fixer-4 ??

Or maybe the first episode could start as Fixer-1 ??

ccsx
Andy K
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jun 2005 Posts: 3499 Location: Owner of 3 Topfields
yeah that would be good.
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:21 am Reply with quote
Not within the scope of a patch, not least because it's such a minor thing. There are autofiling TAPs (like MyStuff) that use date suffixes, which are much more sensible.