Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  autostart taps

Page 1 of 1
microgerry
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Could someone please assist? I have just received my 5800 back from Turbosat after being repaired. On their report it states that my taps have been put in a seperate folder. When I added Mystuff a couple of months ago I used the mystuff installer with the latest firmware and everything loaded successfully, and automatically!

I need to know where my taps should be on the drive to get them to load as before. Is it easy to sort? Thanks in advance. Gerry
Alarmin
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Nov 2008 Posts: 189 Location: Very Close to Winter Hill
The easiest way would be to delete what you have at the moment and use the installer again.

You will then have a 'clean' install.

juwlz
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:22 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10336 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
That really depends on how much they've moved.

They may have moved everything in ProgramFiles, in which case you'll need to work out what they've done and move them back to get your MyStuff settings back.

Alternatively, if all they've done is to move everything out of AutoStart, and you can see a folder that obviously used to be Auto Start (like Auto Start Backup, or something), you could just copy the files from that to the real Auto Start folder. Use Altair to check, as the Toppy's UI doesn't show you all types of files, and you may miss some config files otherwise.

Using the installer will certainly give you a clean install, but MAY not get you your own settings back, depending on how much has been moved. (MyStuff's settings are in ProgramFiles/Settings/MyStuff, and many of the companion TAPs' settings are also in ProgramFiles/Settings, so if that's intact, you should be OK, and a clean install will also get your settings back.)

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
microgerry
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Thank you Julie. I knew I could rely on you!

Found the folder with my taps in and copied them back to the autostart folder. Everything now back to normal.

Gerry