Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Bugs  ~  TF5810: bugs, quirks, annoyances

Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
nwhitfield
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9567 Location: London
Detailed bug reports are welcome, for sure, but the repetition makes it harder for me to sift through stuff in the thread. Or will do when I summon the enthusiasm, which I can't at the moment, on account of having had to have one of my cats put to sleep yesterday.

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Oct 2007 Posts: 2379
jumbo wrote:
@ccs: Looks like you're not too happy with your 5810! Why don't you simply sell it, scrap it, install a different firmware on it or put up with it - silently - but stop regurgitating your old posts. Failing that make your findings shorter and more concise. Bugs aren't supposed to be long-winded "anecdotal" diary of events; that would be suitable if, under the Consumer Act, you want to return the product and get your money back from the supplier. Then detail would backup your claim for the product not being "fit for purpose". For alternative methods of venting your anger see Consumer Direct.

Sorry, all I'm trying to do is keep everything in one place - I find many of these threads impossible to follow because they are jumbled up with other comments.

If the problems with series links are to be resolved then surely user feedback is needed ?

I don't think that sending out "one liners" is very helpful.
srcshelton
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Here's a strange one - I have my new TF5810 outputting upscaled 720p in 16:9 format, and almost all channels work correctly and fill the screen.

However, on the Channel 4 channels, the picture appears letterboxed as if displaying 16:9 on a 4:3 TV - with large black borders at the top and bottom of the screen.

This happens on adverts and most programmes on these channels - although I noticed that Friends on E4 did display correctly without borders(!) Additionally, the quarter-screen preview in the EPG also has black borders.

Is Channel 4 broadcasting incorrect information (and if so should the receiver correct for it?), is it a firmware bug, or have I done or not done something stupid or obvious? Wink

Is this a known issue, and does it affect the TF5800 also?
smiler6786
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:33 pm Reply with quote
arronba wrote:
Well bit the bullet and now a little lighter in pocket have a TF5810. Had a 5800 previously. Major problem though...... I don't get any audio when connected through HDMI. It works fine on PS3 on same cable and Input on TV settings. Strange though that it does pick the picture and audio up when scanning for channels on the TV, but it's not as good picture when TV input not on HDMI. As it works for the PS3 I presume it's the topfield at fault. Any ideas?!?!?!?

I'm having exactlt the same problem with the HDMI, the main reason I bought it!!! Anyone any ideas.

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:35 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Jun 2006 Posts: 649 Location: Worcester, UK ; TX:Malvern Central
Just upgraded to the tf5810 and i have to say that I am getting sound out of my toppy through the HDMI.

don't think i have changed any options :running @ 720P

Aramil

Wallace
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 22 Mar 2008 Posts: 911
smiler6786 wrote:
arronba wrote:
Well bit the bullet and now a little lighter in pocket have a TF5810. Had a 5800 previously. Major problem though...... I don't get any audio when connected through HDMI. It works fine on PS3 on same cable and Input on TV settings. Strange though that it does pick the picture and audio up when scanning for channels on the TV, but it's not as good picture when TV input not on HDMI. As it works for the PS3 I presume it's the topfield at fault. Any ideas?!?!?!?

I'm having exactlt the same problem with the HDMI, the main reason I bought it!!! Anyone any ideas.

Not much help but it sounds like a problem with the Toppy. I also have a new 5810 connected via HDMI and picture and sound are all OK.

GlobalVisitor
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:07 pm Reply with quote
nwhitfield wrote:
Since we don't yet have the database set up to track information for the 5810, I'd be grateful if people can post summaries of specific issues, or requests for changes, in this thread, so I can keep track of them all easily.

Thanks,

Nigel.

8510 Annoyance:

In the EPG and TV Services (i.e. Guide and List on the remote), I would like the ability to only list channels set up in one of my Favourites lists. It would be good if the EPG and TV services would go to the Favourite list by default and display the channels in the order set up in the Favorites list.

Otherwise, all is well with my first ever PVR.
nwhitfield
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:43 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9567 Location: London
The EPG does only show favourites in the current list; for the services list, choose options and select the sorting order as Fav/noFav to show favourite channels first

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
I don't know if this is particular to the TF5810 (or maybe the 5.14.X firmwares, too) but I've just had another file that causes Project-X real grief in demuxing. This time it was the "It's All Gone Pete Tong" film which, ironically, made me think I'd gone deaf because the demuxed audio track cut short after about 20 minutes. I've never had a problem with any TF5800 files (bar the odd skipped packet due to reception glitches).

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:17 pm Reply with quote
I haven't touched my Toppy 5810 for a few days. I've installed MyStuff TAP on it. Nout else. When I came to it today, it was just flashing on, then going off and rebooting, again and again. I haven't got a clue how to stop it, I can't get my computer to link to it to remove MyStuff coz it just keeps looping. ANY IDEAS PLEASE - IT IS CURRENTLY A 300 BOX OF CRAP SITTING UNDER MY TV.

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jun 2005 Posts: 3513
hold the 0 button down on the remote while it reboots.

this stops TAPs loading.

you should then be able to remove it from autostart or fix it somehow

Autostart TAPs: Jags 3, Bookmark 2uk, Quickjump 1.71, Power Manager 1.1, Description Extender 1.5/2.1, MEI2Archive 3.8l6, Tap Launcher 3.5a, Tap Commander, AccurateBMExtend 0.3, RemoteExt 1.5, TunerRecAR.2
Launched during EPG scan: Crid, SeriesLink 0.35
TF5800 Version 5.13.65 PHT2UFXp5Xw3RpPcE2Bf2BqRsRh3Pf1Ec2ErEfHe1 Ra3Cf2Ct
Samsung 400Gb+Fan
aramil
Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Jun 2006 Posts: 649 Location: Worcester, UK ; TX:Malvern Central
Hi smiler

just keep stabbing the "0" key on the remote when it reboots this will stop it loading taps on startup.

then take all taps out of auto start

leboof
Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 30 Mar 2008 Posts: 27 Location: Northumberland
Some recent recording issues.....

Wonder Years on ITV3 on 11th Apr, lunch time program, recorded 0 mins.

Wonder Years on ITV3 on 14th Apr, lunch time again, recorded 6 mins.

Working Lunch, BBC 2, Monday 21st Apr, recorded Working Lunch 12:30, which recorded the full show, but then started recording the Snooker on BBC 2, also called Working Lunch in the record listing. I had to stop the recording after I noticed something still on the external display and couldn't figure out what. Over 5 hours and still going, so not sure if it was recording Working Lunch again and just didn't stop or what. Should have done a playback before deleting in hindsight.
leboof
Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:50 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 30 Mar 2008 Posts: 27 Location: Northumberland
leboof wrote:
Working Lunch, BBC 2, Monday 21st Apr, recorded Working Lunch 12:30, which recorded the full show, but then started recording the Snooker on BBC 2, also called Working Lunch in the record listing. I had to stop the recording after I noticed something still on the external display and couldn't figure out what. Over 5 hours and still going, so not sure if it was recording Working Lunch again and just didn't stop or what. Should have done a playback before deleting in hindsight.

...and again yesterday....

recording working lunch 12:30... did not stop, still recording 7 hours later. This time I did check the Listing and it started recording Working Lunch and just keep going. Recording time was stated as 299hours 0mins!
R2-D2
Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
Runaway recordings are a known issue (a TF5810 5.15.X firmware is pretty much the same as a TF5800 5.14.X). And one of the main reasons these firmwares are not recommended.