Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Firmwares, enhancements and upgrades  ~  Firmware 5.14.07L - preview for TAP authors

Page 1 of 9
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
nwhitfield
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:48 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9568 Location: London
This firmware is available from the Member only downloads area of the site.

It is intended to give TAP authors and other interested people a chance to see how the changes for Freeview Playback may affect their TAPs, and to evaluate performance.

Note that is it not finished, and there are known issues, detailed below, which will be resolved in the release firmware. We do not recommend this firmware for casual users, and official support is not available on it.

? A factory reset MUST be performed after installation. If you don't do this, you WILL have problems, including spontaneous reboots

? There is a soft limit of 16 series links in this firmware
This will be increased in the release version

? Accurate recording does not always trigger correctly if a file is being played back
If you habitually record everything and do not watch live, this is likely a major issue for you; it will be fixed in the release version

? It is possible to start dual recordings of current programmes from the EPG, and then switch to any other channel, sometimes causing one of the recordings to fail
In present firmwares you can't start recordings of current programmes from the EPG at all, so many users are unlikely to be caught by this issue, which has been resolved in the next test file

? The Copy function has been removed from the firmware
This has been done to prevent playback interruptions

? There are issues with using both series links and TAP-set timers
We recommend that if you are using the built-in series links, you do not set timers via TAPs, and vice-versa

As I said above, this is intended more as a preview for TAP authors than anything else. If you are worried about missing recordings, we do not recommend you install this firmware. If you cannot find the Member only downloads area of the web site, we do not recommend that you install this firmware.

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 01 Mar 2006 Posts: 55
nwhitfield wrote:
If you cannot find the Member only downloads area of the web site, we do not recommend that you install this firmware.

LMAO!!! Laughing Laughing

Andy K
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jun 2005 Posts: 3513
Thank you very much for making this available to TAP authors and those interested.

I'm in a state of shock. Not sure why.

Autostart TAPs: Jags 3, Bookmark 2uk, Quickjump 1.71, Power Manager 1.1, Description Extender 1.5/2.1, MEI2Archive 3.8l6, Tap Launcher 3.5a, Tap Commander, AccurateBMExtend 0.3, RemoteExt 1.5, TunerRecAR.2
Launched during EPG scan: Crid, SeriesLink 0.35
TF5800 Version 5.13.65 PHT2UFXp5Xw3RpPcE2Bf2BqRsRh3Pf1Ec2ErEfHe1 Ra3Cf2Ct
Samsung 400Gb+Fan
jumbo
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Apr 2005 Posts: 4733
It seems, after using this firmware and in order to restore your sanity and happiness, a good dose of PROSAC might be required Cool
danb77
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Nov 2005 Posts: 763
jumbo wrote:
It seems, after using this firmware and in order to restore your sanity and happiness, a good dose of PROSAC might be required Cool

Can anyone point me towards R2D2s .14 compatible version of HDFW?

Cheers,

Dan

TAPs: SDS V1.3d; Extend v1.7; TF5000 Display v1.53; QuickJump 1.69; MyStuff 6.0; Tap Launcher 3.10; Font Manager 1.0d; TAP Commander 1.34; WSSkiller V2.12d; Power Manager v1.2; UK Subtitle 1.8; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub v0.6; MyInfo B4.0; EPG2MEI v0.93e;
Sig generated by MyInfo TAP on 21/9/09
chunkywizard
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:52 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9321 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Dan

The latest version 2.2 is 1407 compatible I believe. 2.1 was as well. Note not all patches are though.

CW

R2-D2
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
There have been really significant (and unusual) changes in these firmwares, so a lot of firmware hacks and patches may be broken or have unforeseen effects. I hope people will understand that there may be a wait until these changes have settled down and matured a bit before some of the more complex or sensitive ones will be updated.
danb77
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Nov 2005 Posts: 763
R2-D2 wrote:
There have been really significant (and unusual) changes in these firmwares, so a lot of firmware hacks and patches may be broken or have unforeseen effects. I hope people will understand that there may be a wait until these changes have settled down and matured a bit before some of the more complex or sensitive ones will be updated.

Understood! Don't worry - I'm just loading this out of curiosity - I ain't switching firmwares properly until BobD has had a chance to recode MyStuff (poor guy - does he ever sleep?!).

I'm impressed by the accurate recording so far though...

TAPs: SDS V1.3d; Extend v1.7; TF5000 Display v1.53; QuickJump 1.69; MyStuff 6.0; Tap Launcher 3.10; Font Manager 1.0d; TAP Commander 1.34; WSSkiller V2.12d; Power Manager v1.2; UK Subtitle 1.8; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub v0.6; MyInfo B4.0; EPG2MEI v0.93e;
Sig generated by MyInfo TAP on 21/9/09
birdman
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:26 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Dec 2006 Posts: 1759 Location: Hitchin, HERTS Tx: Sandy Heath
nwhitfield wrote:
? The Copy function has been removed from the firmware
This has been done to prevent playback interruptions
Boo - but I seem to be one of the few (the only?) persons to routinely use this. I'll just have to copy off the whole program instead....

Toppy: TF5800PVR/250 - Black, now 1TB WD10EURX
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -FmVrXp+BmC0CbFsIPsUUuWfZXl,
Loader: C5.14, Hardware: 1.01
TAPs: SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; FontManager 1.0d; QuickJump 1.71; MhegOnOff(Now1) A3; EIT Sub v0.6; MyStuff 6.6
USB connected: SheevaPlug with Debian wheezy
Sig mostly from MyInfo on 26/10/09
R2-D2
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:36 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
birdman wrote:
Boo - but I seem to be one of the few (the only?) persons to routinely use this.
I imagine it may be patchable, to temporarily permit it, for instance. I doubt they've removed it root and branch (they may have just taken a leaf out of the [Xp] patch's book Smile).
glenmcfar
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:02 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
R2-D2 wrote:
a lot of firmware hacks and patches may be broken or have unforeseen effects.

Or maybe they'll be made redundant!!!! Hmmm, or maybe not.

Glen.

nikg
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 29 Jan 2007 Posts: 54
I'm just curious, and it maybe too early to know - has anyone gone through the patches to see if any of them are made redundant by the new firmware (particularly ones related to CYR)?

nwhitfield
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9568 Location: London
A lot of the CYR ones won't be necessary - one consequence is the loss of the copy command.

The timer patch isn't necessary, because Timers are managed differently.

The power restore patch isn't necessary, because startup is handled differently.

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Jan 2006 Posts: 4818
nwhitfield wrote:
A lot of the CYR ones won't be necessary - one consequence is the loss of the copy command.

are you saying the parts of the code around the copy function are(were) the ones mostly responsible for the CYR pop-ups?

Parts or Repair service for your poorly toppy/PSU - 'talk to me' Smile my name's Mike though, not Terry Tibbs Very Happy
simonc
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5628 Location: Cheltenham
They're probably using the same technique as R2's patch and starting playback on path C, which can't be recorded.