Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 5.21a Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 22 of 80
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
ETIN
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 02 May 2005 Posts: 57
I?ve only just downloaded MyStuff and have been very impressed by it?s features and design, very slick and compact.
I had been using Jags EPG before and was wondering if it is possible to search the EPG for programme titles, with out setting a CT, so I can see when certain programmes are on.
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5953 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Not really, although your K9 setting will allow you to find the next episode of a currently highlighted programme. Cool

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
ETIN wrote:
I had been using Jags EPG before and was wondering if it is possible to search the EPG for programme titles, with out setting a CT, so I can see when certain programmes are on.

MeiSearch is very good at that, and a recommended companion to MyStuff.
simonlh
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:04 pm Reply with quote
After having a Toppy for the last year or so, when my father asked for recommendation of a PVR, I sugguested a Topfield.

The only problem he is having is. Where he lives (York) he gets a signal from both Emley Moor (Yorkshire) and Bilsdale (Tyne Tees).

He gets a BBC1 from both transmitters, but in the Mystuff EPG it only shows the programme details for the Bilsdale transmitter and not the yorkshire one. Now as he lives in Yorkshire, he finds that quite frustrating.

Is there anyway to get the EPG for both channels?
EMJB
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3471 Location: Maldon Essex
simonlh wrote:
Is there anyway to get the EPG for both channels?

Yes - one of the Channel Manager options renumbers the weakest of the duplicated channels as LCN 201 for BBC1 etc providing they really are different regional variants. You *should* then get separate EPGs, and be able to set timers for the ones you want either with the vanilla Toppy facilities or with TAPs. Unfortunately I cant get regional variants to try it properly. Please post in the Channel Manager thread if you want more help.

EMJB
Livy
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jul 2006 Posts: 584 Location: Fife, Scotland
not sure if this is a bug or not, and cant find it written anywhere else.
anyway, while excluding timers etc which are repeats/ clashes once ive done and come out, my stuff does its usual scan of the timers again, and when i go back in, its changed all the clashes to excess timers instead of clashes. its done this a few times, though going into the ct list and pressing red to re-run all searches seems to sort them back into clashes.

im running the latest version RE, DE eit2mei, TF5000 display, Mystuff and tapcommander.

not sure how to replicate it, but will note down if it happens again and what i done to get it to do it,

• Connected via Buffalo Linkstation Live 2TB
ETIN
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:05 pm Reply with quote
If two timers on the same channel clash, Jags would combine the two timers as one recording. Is this possible with MyStuff as opposed to adjusting the padding on the timers? I?ve looked at the settings but couldn?t find an option.
sanecyclist
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
ETIN wrote:
If two timers on the same channel clash, Jags would combine the two timers as one recording. Is this possible with MyStuff as opposed to adjusting the padding on the timers?

No, but it's on the wishlist.
Just
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 22 Jan 2007 Posts: 147 Location: Northants
sanecyclist wrote:
ETIN wrote:
If two timers on the same channel clash, Jags would combine the two timers as one recording. Is this possible with MyStuff as opposed to adjusting the padding on the timers?

No, but it's on the wishlist.

I truly hope that if it makes it in it will be optional, as personally I think that would be horrible.

Other: PC Server with ToppyPC and FTP
R2-D2
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Just wrote:
I truly hope that if it makes it in it will be optional, as personally I think that would be horrible.

I don't doubt that it would be an option but, seeing as MyStuff handles archive recordings in a pretty independent way, I suspect BobD could easily reduce the "horribleness" even if you had the option on, by creating virtual recording entries that pointed at the appropriate part of the combined recording. If you see what I mean. Smile
sanecyclist
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
Just wrote:
I truly hope that if it makes it in it will be optional

I assume it would be, and I agree it's not a great solution (which only the broadcasters could provide by sticking to the published schedules).

Meanwhile, I'd like to see a "split offset option", with which the split between any two consecutive recordings could be moved forward by a couple of minutes, because most programmes do finish early to make space for ads and trailers. (Actually this could be implemented quite easily by moving all timers forward and adjusting padding accordingly.)
Geoff_W
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 19 Jan 2006 Posts: 599 Location: Nottingham
I've just reverted back to 5.12.88PH firmware after trying 5.13.40PH for several days. Apart from several strange occurrences, I gave it up because the new firmware appears to conflict with MyStuff's Power Off handling routine. If a recording was in progress and I pressed the Shutdown button, the MyStuff shutdown box would pop up and count down to zero. OFF would appear on the Toppy display, but after a few seconds, a Toppy message would pop up asking to confirm the shutdown (never saw this message under 5.12.88PH).

All the above was just getting too messy, so I've given 5.13.40PH the boot, so to speak.

[Edit] It's not MyStuff, it's Remote Extender 1.5 causing the problem. Only happens if the option to stop the 0 key changing aspect ratio is set to 'No'.

Geoff

Last edited by Geoff_W on Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total

TAPs: MyStuff 6.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; TF5000 Display v1.53; mei2archive BETA 3.8l3; Extend v1.7; MHEG On/Off A2; TAP Commander 1.32; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MyInfo B5.4; Font Manager 1.0d;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 18/5/11
ETIN
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:40 pm Reply with quote
I?d rather have the option of being able to split the recording at a later date than miss the 5 or so seconds it takes to stop one timer and start another.
Just
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 22 Jan 2007 Posts: 147 Location: Northants
R2-D2 wrote:
Just wrote:

I suspect BobD could easily reduce the "horribleness" even if you had the option on, by creating virtual recording entries that pointed at the appropriate part of the combined recording. If you see what I mean. Smile

Yeah fair enough, that would make it very workable. From a WAF point of view it would need to be seamless though.

Other: PC Server with ToppyPC and FTP
R2-D2
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Geoff_W wrote:
I've just reverted back to 5.12.88PH firmware after trying 5.13.40PH for several days. Apart from several strange occurrences, I gave it up because the new firmware appears to conflict with MyStuff's Power Off handling routine. If a recording was in progress and I pressed the Shutdown button, the MyStuff shutdown box would pop up and count down to zero. OFF would appear on the Toppy display, but after a few seconds, a Toppy message would pop up asking to confirm the shutdown (never saw this message under 5.12.88PH).

I noticed that once or twice, but not all the time. I had a feeling it might be to do with whether there was a bit of Toppy display on the screen at the time, and I've just tested this and it seems to be true. If you press standby while the Toppy's recording indicator (or roundel) is on screen then the Toppy prompt will appear after the MyStuff one. If you wait until the roundel disappears then it won't.