Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 5.21a Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 20 of 80
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Ex_Sailor
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Dec 2005 Posts: 240 Location: Cambridge
Afternoon mstombs,

I see you mention 'power cycling'. Does that mean just switching Off/On, as the Toppy benefits from disconnecting from the mains for a few seconds and then re-starting, (Acts as a re-boot,) also clears the memory.
The next alternative is to start the Toppy with the '0' (zero) key pressed. This will prevent any Taps loading and you can see if the basic system is OK or not.
Another item is to check for 'lnk' files of the Toppy, it confuses MyStuff if they are in the wrong place. If there are any, delete them all and the next time you start, MyStuff will re-create a new one.

HTH,

Colin
chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:19 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9277 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Do you keep your Toppy on 24/7 or move a lot of files off of the Toppy with the slug? If so you may have ran out of memory. After a reboot is it fine? You can check how much memory you have from the MS Archive by pressing PipSwitch monitor the values here, you should have 13Meg or so free if you are only using MS, DE, RE and e2m.

HTH

CW

R2-D2
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
A minor bug that had me scratching my head for a while: some timers (set from a CT) show the wrong title and description. I've noticed this a few times and put it down to fat fingers while I was getting used to the whole CT thing. But now I know it's not my fault.

I've got a CT set up for "Wheels on the Bus", Anywhere, Record, All Channels, No +1s, All Days, Default other bits. My default padding is -2mins and +6mins (which hasn't been changed for ages). The CT has set one matching timer on ITV2 at 8:45-8:50am. So with padding it's 8:43-8:56am. Now, I'm sure it was showing up correctly before, but now the timer is showing as "Teleshopping" which is the following programme (8:50-9:25am). This bit of EPG has not changed since the CT was created a couple of days ago, so it seems like the calculation of what programme it's for has changed somehow.
R2-D2
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Oh, and can I add my vote for the option of "Pad Timers at Start (when padding removed)" so that you can still have N minutes of pre-padding even when MyStuff removes the padding from consecutive timers? My son is glaring at me for missing the opening section of Thomas & Friends for the past few days, because it's on the end of the Peppa Pig recording before it...
IanSimmons
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 19 Apr 2006 Posts: 53 Location: Kent
I thought I'd just report this in case it is an MS bug. Sorry if it's been mentioned before, and I haven't tried to reproduce it.
I was watching TV when I was prompted Rolling Eyes to record something that was about to start. I tried to record the programme, and got the nice warning about it possibly clashing with active recordings, but it was set for when one of them completed. I think what I did then was try and stop one of the current recordings using the EPG, as it had more or less completed (I don't know if that's a sensible thing to do). The third recording did seem to start. It all went a bit pear-shaped from then.
The screen 'sort of' went back to live TV, but the centre portion was still the EPG. For a while I was able to move around this mini-EPG and eventually the Toppy stopped responding to the remote. I waited until the recordings should have finished, then I had to pull the plug. Needless to say, I lost the recordings...
mstombs
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Dec 2006 Posts: 652
Ex_Sailor wrote:

I see you mention 'power cycling'. Does that mean just switching Off/On, as the Toppy benefits from disconnecting from the mains for a few seconds and then re-starting, (Acts as a re-boot,) also clears the memory.
The next alternative is to start the Toppy with the '0' (zero) key pressed. This will prevent any Taps loading and you can see if the basic system is OK or not.
Another item is to check for 'lnk' files of the Toppy, it confuses MyStuff if they are in the wrong place. If there are any, delete them all and the next time you start, MyStuff will re-create a new one.

HTH,

Colin

Thanks for rapid response, have now got access back to box again... (too busy in use!)

Found and deleted
dat.lnk in ProgramFiles/Settings
logos.lnk in Settings/Logos
Mystuff.lnk in MyStuff.dat
mst.lnk in /CTs
mcl.lnk in /Favlists
mei.lnk in /MEIs
lnk in /Skins

All were dated last December so will have been created when I installed previous version of Mystuff.

Lots of old channelname_dat.mei files in /MEIs/ should I clear out the old ones? maybe they hold epg data for recordings?

True to form with 'intermittent faults' it hasn't done it again! When I tried power cycling I meant pullling plug out of wall waiting a couple of minutes then replacing. But this did not fix the problem, only 'exiting' Mystuff did (unless I pulled the wrong plug...).

chunkywizard wrote:

Do you keep your Toppy on 24/7 or move a lot of files off of the Toppy with the slug? If so you may have ran out of memory. After a reboot is it fine? You can check how much memory you have from the MS Archive by pressing PipSwitch monitor the values here, you should have 13Meg or so free if you are only using MS, DE, RE and e2m

The Toppy is not deliberately left on 24/7 but often left on overnight!

We did get close to filling the 250g disk (currently 40Gb free) and have been archiving films, and did experiment with the new turbo directory. So maybe memory problem caused file problem, and 'exiting' cleared the file problem, then remote off/on cleared the memory?

Currently 16Mb free, 14Mb available - you know your stuff!

Thanks team for the great TAP!

edit: NB maybe related to similar problems with description extender and archive button?

Firmware was 5.13.26, have now updated 5.13.40 and updated remotextender (reported incompatible) and replaced the other taps so I now know the starting point - slighly less memory available.
R2-D2
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:31 am Reply with quote
R2-D2 wrote:
Now, I'm sure it was showing up correctly before, but now the timer is showing as "Teleshopping" which is the following programme (8:50-9:25am).

I deleted the timer and then reran the CT, but it did the same thing. The EPG data hasn't changed still. It recorded overnight and has been listed as "Teleshopping" in the MyStuff archive list. I think mei2archive may have kicked in because the Toppy thinks (correctly) it's "Wheels on the Bus" (which I noticed on the playback roundel, but I assume is in the .rec header).
AndyBaz
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 04 Aug 2006 Posts: 50 Location: Surrey
Using latest MyStuff, found the following bug today. Seem's very repeatable in my setup.

In a subfolder of the archive, pressed Yellow and selected the top option to create a new subfolder from the recording name. Toppy just completely froze (including the TV behind).

Remote powered off the Toppy and Verify box on power up.

Have repeated a couple of times (until the kids got annoyed with me).

Suspect it may be due to being a couple of folder levels down.

Model: TF5800PVR 250Gb; TF5800, IA On, TS On, F/W: 13.65AbB2BfBmBqC0CbCeCfCkCtCyDE2EcEfEsEzFFmFsGmHHeMhNfPPcPePsRReRhRpRsSSrStT2XpXwXl
TAPs: Extend v1.6; UK Subtitle 1.7; eit2mei BETA 7.8m3; QuickJump 1.65; MyStuff 5.62b; Font Manager 0.9; UK OZ Surfer v0.11d; TF5000 Display v1.51; TAP Commander 1.3; EPG Uploader 3.2beta5; toppypal v3.3; MeiSearch 1.35; DescriptionExtender 2.21; MyInfo B1; Movie Guide v1.01; Tx: Crystal Palace;
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5888 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Is this with any recording you want to move, or just the one file?

I also take it that the recording had completed? Wink

We tested this a fair bit from a number of levels deep and didn't encounter this. How many levels down/up are you attempting move?

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
AndyBaz
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:53 pm Reply with quote
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:

I've repeated it with a different file from the same starting folder. I haven't yet tried it starting from a different folder.

HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
I also take it that the recording had completed?

Yes

HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
We tested this a fair bit from a number of levels deep and didn't encounter this. How many levels down/up are you attempting move?

Starting folder was : \DataFiles\Kids
attempting to create \DataFiles\Kids\Shaun the Sheep

Model: TF5800PVR 250Gb; TF5800, IA On, TS On, F/W: 13.65AbB2BfBmBqC0CbCeCfCkCtCyDE2EcEfEsEzFFmFsGmHHeMhNfPPcPePsRReRhRpRsSSrStT2XpXwXl
TAPs: Extend v1.6; UK Subtitle 1.7; eit2mei BETA 7.8m3; QuickJump 1.65; MyStuff 5.62b; Font Manager 0.9; UK OZ Surfer v0.11d; TF5000 Display v1.51; TAP Commander 1.3; EPG Uploader 3.2beta5; toppypal v3.3; MeiSearch 1.35; DescriptionExtender 2.21; MyInfo B1; Movie Guide v1.01; Tx: Crystal Palace;
Ian Lowry
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 25 Aug 2005 Posts: 64 Location: Cardiff, Wales
AndyBaz wrote:
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:

I've repeated it with a different file from the same starting folder. I haven't yet tried it starting from a different folder.

HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
I also take it that the recording had completed?

Yes

HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:

Starting folder was : \DataFiles\Kids
attempting to create \DataFiles\Kids\Shaun the Sheep

Hi AndyBaz

If your sig is correct, you need to upgrade to MS5.21a , which is when this behaviour was fixed

TF5800, IA On, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 +Vr

TAPs: EPG2MEI v0.94; TAP Commander 1.0.1; MyInfo B4.0; mcgCYRResume V1.0; Power Manager v1.2; MyStuff 6.0; Little Clock v2.2; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7;

Sig generated by MyInfo on 19/9/09
AndyBaz
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Doh! Didn't realise I'd missed an update. Thanks for your help.

autopilot
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Nov 2006 Posts: 193
R2-D2 wrote:
Oh, and can I add my vote for the option of "Pad Timers at Start (when padding removed)" so that you can still have N minutes of pre-padding even when MyStuff removes the padding from consecutive timers? My son is glaring at me for missing the opening section of Thomas & Friends for the past few days, because it's on the end of the Peppa Pig recording before it...

Me too, i get this most of the time.

I would say its probably the most frustrating thing when using MS.

Its most annoying when i watch Family guy, it gets deleted, then we realise that the start of the next episode was on the end of the previous (they run 2 episodes back to back).
R2-D2
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:46 pm Reply with quote
autopilot wrote:
Me too, i get this most of the time.

It's been remarked that this would involve "negative padding" (to the first recording, I suppose), but this is quite specific to padding removal, so the times are being fiddled with anyway. Of course, it's something that can't be guaranteed to work, but I think it fits well with allowing the user to configure padding and make their own compromises (especially when the broadcast is fairly predictably early, with loads of adverts in the padding gap).
birdman
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Dec 2006 Posts: 1626 Location: Hitchin, HERTS Tx: Sandy Heath
Just noticed that when I watch BBCi (ch 301) the MyStuff archive doesn't show. When I press the Archive button I go straight to the standard Toppy archive.

Is this a Bug or a (Documented) Feature.

Toppy: TF5800PVR/250 - Black, now 1TB WD10EURX
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -FmVrXp+BmC0CbFsIPsUUuWfZXl,
Loader: C5.14, Hardware: 1.01
TAPs: SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; FontManager 1.0d; QuickJump 1.71; MhegOnOff(Now1) A3; EIT Sub v0.6; MyStuff 6.5
USB connected: SheevaPlug with Debian wheezy
Sig mostly from MyInfo on 26/10/09