Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 5.21a Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 19 of 80
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5952 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Scrib wrote:
Mystuff team - are you happy that the new firmware update (5.13.40, 2007-02-09 (February 2007) ) works ok with MyStuff 5.21a?

I've been reading the firmware forum and there does not seem to be any issues.
I'm using the beta version of the final release with no problems whatsoever Cool Just haven't had time to put .40 on the toppy, and might just wait until it's delivered OTA to see how that process works. Embarassed

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
andygrunt
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 401 Location: Bristol, UK
There's a wishlist item that is so old I think it pre-dates the wiki wishlist that exists now (and I couldn't spot it on the wiki) so it seems to be a good idea to request it again so it has a chance of being added. The request is that old chestnut of... including description text in the CT searches.

For example, being able to add a search for 'Ricky Gervais' in a CT search that also looked in the description text would pick up stuff like chat shows that he was appearing on (TV & Radio). I know this is a very useful feature having used Jags for ages before switching to MyStuff.

The only disadvantage I can foresee (apart from the coding & testing required Wink ) is that I guess it will increase the search times (though I would assume that depends somewhat on the search algorithm used). Given this, I would suggest it would be optional for each CT and have a master option to decide whether new CTs include the decription text by default.

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:14 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9298 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Andy,

my copy of MyStuff already does this Shocked Shocked Cool It still being worked on so don't expect it too soon, but there's not much point in putting it on the wiki Wink

Also I am using .40 firmware with the new Next Gen (Voyager anyone?) and it's working fine

HTH

CW

andygrunt
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:25 pm Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:
my copy of MyStuff already does this

Brilliant! Very Happy

Guess I can live without it on the wiki in that case. Cool

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Jul 2006 Posts: 289
Dont know if this has been suggested before, but I would find it useful if the exlude functionality was enhanced possibly by a 'negative CT'

I have CT to record 'grand prix' so that I catch most grand prix events as a matter of course (eg A1 grand prix and F1 grand prix events). From time to time I will get a false positive from eg an athletics grand prix, which I can manually exclude. But there are other grand prix eg. snooker, swimming etc. that may go on for a few days or a week, and they produce many items to be excluded.

It would be handy for me to have a 'negative CT' ie stuff I definately dont want to record that after mystuff had searched and set all positive CTs found and unset timers corresponding to the 'negative CTs'.

YMMV

BhB

Other: WSS killer 2.10c |HDD Info 2.0 |Channel Manager 5.1 |Signal Monitor 0.52
julian
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 01 Sep 2005 Posts: 45 Location: Worcester Park
R2-D2 wrote:
julian wrote:
Bug report
MyStuff does not seem to pick up MyStuff.mei when the TAP first starts - it shows Freeview.mei at the bottom of the archive and is obviously using that data judging by the fact that there is only a week of data but it covers all channels.

Sounds a lot like the bug that was caused by stray .lnk files. Try hunting them all down and deleting them. MyStuff will recreate the ones it actually needs. (Which might make you think it doesn't need them...)

Thanks,

There were a few .lnk files, but this pair looked suspicious because the same name existed in two places:

ProgramFiles/Settings/msdat.lnk
ProgramFiles/Settings/MyStuff/msdat.lnk

I removed them and it only recreated ProgramFiles/Settings/MyStuff/msdat.lnk

MyStuff.mei is now loaded correctly at startup.

Other TAPs: Channel Organiser
ASUS WL-500gP: OpenWrt White Russian 0.9, puppy 1.11-1, ftpd-topfield 0.7.1-0, rt2mei 0.63
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5952 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
BeepHonkBeep wrote:
...I have CT to record 'grand prix' so that I catch most grand prix events as a matter of course (eg A1 grand prix and F1 grand prix events). From time to time I will get a false positive from eg an athletics grand prix, which I can manually exclude. But there are other grand prix eg. snooker, swimming etc. that may go on for a few days or a week, and they produce many items to be excluded.

It would be handy for me to have a 'negative CT' ie stuff I definately dont want to record that after mystuff had searched and set all positive CTs found and unset timers corresponding to the 'negative CTs'.

YMMV

BhB
Just add ~snooker ~athletics to the search string and it won't record anything with those words in the title. I only record F1, but I have ~highlights so as to only capture the main event and the pre-race knock-out.

mike.hinson
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 1735 Location: Bordon, Hants UK
BeepHonkBeep wrote:
Dont know if this has been suggested before, but I would find it useful if the exlude functionality was enhanced possibly by a 'negative CT'

I have CT to record 'grand prix' so that I catch most grand prix events as a matter of course (eg A1 grand prix and F1 grand prix events). From time to time I will get a false positive from eg an athletics grand prix, which I can manually exclude. But there are other grand prix eg. snooker, swimming etc. that may go on for a few days or a week, and they produce many items to be excluded.

YMMV

BhB
I think it already does this,
e.g "grand prix~swimming~snooker"

/\/\
(edit: That omnipresent Hyde beat me to it again)

HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Shocked Spooky Shocked

Wink

andygrunt
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:11 pm Reply with quote
There's an annoying little glitch/bug/feature/characteristic of the Toppy that I wonder if MyStuff could be made to fix...

If, while I'm watching a recording and 2 other recordings start (and the combination of channels involved isn't one of the magic combo's that allow it), the recording will stop playing and I'll be dumped into one of the channels that is now being recorded. I then have to manually re-start the recording to continue watching.

I know this isn't the end of the world but it's very annoying and a very clunky and clumsy way to operate. I wonder if MyStuff could be made to allow the switching to the different channel in the background while the recording continues without interruption?

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:18 pm Reply with quote
I think MS already tries to do this by changing the unused channel in the background to match the up-comming recording.

/\/\

mike.hinson
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:41 pm Reply with quote
simonc wrote:
Here's a glaring omission: The ability to set the channel on a timer. I guess it's missing because you don't create timers directly in MyStuff. In this case, one of my regular radio timers got messed up and I was loath to delete it as it's a small section of a long programme and I've also given it a specific filename. I ended up using UKTimers to adjust it back again.
Hi,
This looks like a feature request that didn't ever get a response. any comments please?

I am trying to tidy up the feature request list & ultimately remove feature requests that have not stimulated any response at all. I have already split the list up into several sections with the first section containing the requests that are waiting for comments & also the requests that have not been rejected by the MyStuff team.

Thanks,
/\/\

chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:33 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9298 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
mike.hinson wrote:
I think MS already tries to do this by changing the unused channel in the background to match the up-comming recording.

/\/\

Yep it does, but the standard Toppy behavour is not always predictable so although it cuts down of occurances it can not total remove it,

HTH

CW

chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:36 am Reply with quote
mike.hinson wrote:
simonc wrote:
Here's a glaring omission: The ability to set the channel on a timer. I guess it's missing because you don't create timers directly in MyStuff. In this case, one of my regular radio timers got messed up and I was loath to delete it as it's a small section of a long programme and I've also given it a specific filename. I ended up using UKTimers to adjust it back again.
Hi,
This looks like a feature request that didn't ever get a response. any comments please?

I am trying to tidy up the feature request list & ultimately remove feature requests that have not stimulated any response at all. I have already split the list up into several sections with the first section containing the requests that are waiting for comments & also the requests that have not been rejected by the MyStuff team.

Thanks,
/\/\

Hi Mike,

this will be covered when we implement single-shot or time expired CTs I believe. Also when we have the API then we will have the ability to edit timers (although maybe only from a PC/ Web interface?) Anyway, it will happen in some form or other, just not sure when! API is currently geting worked on though...

CW

mstombs
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Dec 2006 Posts: 677
Hi,

I first had a problem a couple of weeks ago - wouldn't shutdown. Went to OFF on the LED display but pressing off just flickered the "." LEDs. Nothing was recording, could change again to a channel but not off. Power cycling made no difference, exiting Mystuff from the Menu option was the only thing that worked.

Yesterday eve the UI went wrong, Archive wouldn't display recorded programmes, white button wouldn't display timers Could still see guide (but not click through to the toppy guide). I waited till it was supposed to have recorded Top Gear and Lewis then managed to shutdown/ restart - but programs had not been recorded. If this was a windoze box I'd guess it ran out of memory!

Where do I start troubleshooting? the Toppy firmware is as supplied 12.88 (?), I could try the latest 13.40, and re-install Mystuff.

Problem only started after 5.21a installed and a new favourites list and a problem with the RT import via slug, I probably changed something, also started using latest version of ftpd-topfield (turbo mode not clearing properly?)

I've also never bothered with Tap order should I be? Only taps loaded are those supplied with Mystuff.