Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 5.21a Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 18 of 80
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
jamiec21
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:17 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 19 Jul 2005 Posts: 41
Feature request:

Is it possible to implement a manual number input for start and end times in the timer box? I sometimes wish to record an extract of the programme, not the full thing.

An example: a programme starts at 0100 and finishes at 0700. But I wish to record from 0200 to 0230. I'd like to be able to type in 0-2-0-0 in the Start box and 0-2-3-0 in the End box. I believe this is possible in the native Toppy's timer recording box.

TAPS: Description Extender 2.1, Remote Extender MHEG 1.4, QuickJump 1.52, MyStuff 5.21a, TAP Commander 1.0.2, eit2mei BETA 7.8, TF5000 Display v1.40d, Info Display 7.5, Super PiP 1.1a, Auto Resume 1.29
BobD
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:55 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4194 Location: Nottingham
underquark wrote:
Sometimes you want to switch on Toppy and record something right away. Can MyStuff be made to start after a couple of minutes have elapsed and without any OSD? That way I can switch Toppy on, record something, go to watching another channel and forget about it.
Well I guess so, though starting on Toppy start and doing a search is a fairly important part of what MS does. I guess the other question is can it be made to start quicker/more responsively so that you could start recording something straight away. I'm not too sure we would ever delay the start, but we will look at making it quicker/more responsive

Quote:
Can it be made to not store how far a file has been played as this seems to cause a lot of hard disk whirring when I stop playing a file?
Do you have loads of part watched recordings? This shouldnt be too slow or thrash the disk too much. I improved the performance of this part of it quite a lot I thought (probably around v5.x). Is it still painfully bad for you?

Quote:
Basically, can you give us a MyStuff that can be as lite as possible in terms of remote response, moving on to next file play etc..?
Not in terms of a different version, but maybe in terms of optimising the current one. We do try to make it as repsonsive as possible.

Quote:
P.S. I've just got to grips with MyStuff, decided I like it (5.x is way ahead of 4.5) and made a donation. This donation is for the use of MyStuff as is (5.21) and any future development is a bonus. Your efforts are apppreciated.
Smile Cheers for that! You need to update your signature now then.

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
BobD
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:58 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4194 Location: Nottingham
jamiec21 wrote:
Is it possible to implement a manual number input for start and end times in the timer box? I sometimes wish to record an extract of the programme, not the full thing.
There are two issues here, one is entering the start/end time directly with numbers (rather than >> and << which do currently work) and then there is stopping MS adjusting the timer afterwards. MS looks at all timers (if you tell it to) and adjusts them if it thinks the timer will no longer capture the program it thinks it should do. So in this case it would probably reset it to cover the entire program. I guess we could add some way of saying leave this timer alone, or maybe make this timer start 27mins after the start of the program, so that it would still get adjusted, but would keep the start offset. We'll think about it.

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
jamiec21
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 19 Jul 2005 Posts: 41
BobD wrote:
There are two issues here, one is entering the start/end time directly with numbers (rather than >> and << which do currently work)

Ah, that seems to be a good enough solution. I notice the only reference to that in the manual is in the CT section, well I don't use CTs so I missed that. Maybe it's an idea to move that part into the main Timers section (13).

TAPS: Description Extender 2.1, Remote Extender MHEG 1.4, QuickJump 1.52, MyStuff 5.21a, TAP Commander 1.0.2, eit2mei BETA 7.8, TF5000 Display v1.40d, Info Display 7.5, Super PiP 1.1a, Auto Resume 1.29
chunkywizard
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:08 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9306 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Don't use CTs??? Shocked Shocked

Wow!

Anyway, good spot on the omission from the manual, I will look into rectifying it.

[Edit] now expanded description is section 13.4. When the next version of MS is out so will be the update

Cheers

CW

underquark
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Oct 2005 Posts: 1776
BobD wrote:
...starting on Toppy start and doing a search is a fairly important part of what MS does... I'm not too sure we would ever delay the start, but we will look at making it quicker/more responsive
Option to delay start by just a couple of minutes and do loading and searching in the background would give instant boost in start-up response.

BobD wrote:
Do you have loads of part watched recordings?
Heaps; mostly kids' stuff of short duration. Just noticed that whenever playback is stopped the HDD whirs away and it takes maybe 30s or so before Toppy responds to remote again. Assumed it was updating its list of watched/unwatched programs.

BobD wrote:
You need to update your signature now then.
What signature? Sig got too big so what you were seeing was beta test of cut-and-paste in message sig v 0.1. Come to think of it, though, it does hog the bandwidth a bit but I don't need to put it in every reponse.

chunkywizard
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:43 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9306 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Laughing nice sig Wink

CW

Whomper
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:47 pm Reply with quote
I've found a reproducable bug with the new Radio features. If the setting "Enable Screensaver for Live Radio" is set (sorry, can't remember reference number), then the Toppy doesn't go back to sleep after waking up to record a Radio program. I have a 20s delay on the Screensaver, for reference.

I've met this a few times - it doesn't really cause any problems though. I went to London for a long weekend, and on my return the Toppy was sat on Radio 4 after recording The News Quiz on Friday. It still picked up all the (TV) recordings I'd set timers for over the weekend, though. Did a quick test with the Radio 4 weather just before 10, and with the screensaver setting off, it wakes up and turns off nicely.

On a related point, I've noticed that "Enable Screensaver for Live Radio" also enables the screensaver for recorded Radio. This is A Good Thing, but the description should perhaps be changed.

Cheers for the excellent software!

Autostart TAPS:MyStuff v5.21a & Co; Other TAPS: OneList
andyfras
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:57 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Jul 2005 Posts: 3070 Location: Fleet, Hampshire (Hannington)
I have a watch CT set for CSI on FiveUS so that I can check whether I have already seen an episode before I record it. From the advance recording page, if I try to change a watch timer to a record timer and it overlaps a previously set record timer due to padding, a message comes up saying that it is unable to set a record timer due to a programme about to start in a few seconds - even though this may be days ahead. I can go into the EPG and change the setting without problem, if I delete it first.

URC-7555 remote: TF5800 1TB with fan, Recommended_5800.tfd + CfPePsScWfZ
R2-D2
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
Feature suggestion (and it's a biggy!) based on what I'm constantly doing at the moment... I'm fairly new to using CTs (I've been using MeiSearch predominantly) and I find I'm constantly trawling the timer list in MyStuff looking to exclude duplicate timers (mainly Mission Impossible on FiveUS which has a programme a day but with episodes repeated on a truly random schedule). This activity suggests to me that it might be useful to have a merged view of "new" timers (highlighted somehow) together with "old" timers and recordings. This list would be sorted by title and then description, and the mode would be geared towards including/excluding timers, so it would be good to see both title and (first part of?) description for all entries. My definition of "new" would be those set by CTs since the last date you performed this check (date rather than time since you might want a few stabs at doing this in a day and not feel compelled to get it all done in one go). (I think this would require MyStuff to remember two dates: the last date you did the check and the different date before that. Plus remembering the date that a timer was set by a CT.)

In fact, sorting timers and recordings by title then description would probably be a useful addition to the current options.

And it'd also be nice to see a list of timers that have been set by CTs or updated due to EPG changes. Maybe a MyStuff.log view?
julian
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 01 Sep 2005 Posts: 45 Location: Worcester Park
Bug report
MyStuff does not seem to pick up MyStuff.mei when the TAP first starts - it shows Freeview.mei at the bottom of the archive and is obviously using that data judging by the fact that there is only a week of data but it covers all channels.

L1=5, L2=2, L3=Freeview, L4=1hr
Code:
root@OpenWrt:~# puppy -c dir ProgramFiles | grep mei
f                  119 Fri Mar  2 21:11:28 2007 eit2mei.ini
f                  512 Fri Mar  2 21:10:01 2007 Freeview.mei.written
f              2387922 Fri Mar  2 07:37:30 2007 MyStuff.mei
f              2347520 Fri Mar  2 21:16:15 2007 eit2mei.mei
f                   16 Fri Mar  2 07:37:49 2007 MyStuff.mei.written
f              2347520 Fri Mar  2 21:16:40 2007 Freeview.mei

If I force it to reload EPG data by using MyStuff menu option Z1, then the EPG shows MyStuff.mei again and I have 14 days (ish) of a reduced set of channels as per my RT download.

I'm fairly sure that the hourly reload also picks up the correct mei file as the only time I regularly see this is after bringing the toppy out of standby and after waiting for the Loading/Searching messages to disappear.

I'm guessing this has not been noticed because people mostly opt to merge the files by reconfiguring eit2mei and in fact I will probably do that too.

Other TAPs: Channel Organiser
ASUS WL-500gP: OpenWrt White Russian 0.9, puppy 1.11-1, ftpd-topfield 0.7.1-0, rt2mei 0.63
R2-D2
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
julian wrote:
Bug report
MyStuff does not seem to pick up MyStuff.mei when the TAP first starts - it shows Freeview.mei at the bottom of the archive and is obviously using that data judging by the fact that there is only a week of data but it covers all channels.

Sounds a lot like the bug that was caused by stray .lnk files. Try hunting them all down and deleting them. MyStuff will recreate the ones it actually needs. (Which might make you think it doesn't need them...)
Scrib
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 27 Mar 2006 Posts: 166 Location: Cumbria, UK
Mystuff team - are you happy that the new firmware update (5.13.40, 2007-02-09 (February 2007) ) works ok with MyStuff 5.21a?

I've been reading the firmware forum and there does not seem to be any issues.

TAPS: MyStuff 5.62b : MeiSearch_1.35 : Snake 1.3
Transmitter: Winterhill
Model: TF5800PVR - Silver Firmware: 5.12.25 Board Rev: 1.2
charley
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Jul 2005 Posts: 1563 Location: Belfast
I can't speak for Bob and the team but it has been working OK for me for over a week now with MS 5.21a.

Toppy: TF5800PVR250GB &300GB;Firmware: ; Remote: Harmony 655; Tx:Divis; Autostart TAPs: MEISearch 1.35, MyStuff 6, AutoReboot V2.2, epg2mei, Power Manager v2.0, TAP Commander 1.2, TF5000 Display v1.50, MHEG_State; Other:
gmiles
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Feb 2006 Posts: 109 Location: Emley Moor
Same here been working ok for 3 days with MyStuff 5.2, The only thing not working is Remote extender but I believe a new version is coming soon