Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 5.21a Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 16 of 80
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
BobD
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:42 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4194 Location: Nottingham
I have updated the bugs and NextVersion pages, if anyone wants to take a peek.

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
Bawbagg
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:21 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 1122
I've created a thread in the TAP development are to discuss proposals for a MyStuff API - allowing timer import/export command files etc.

http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=97202#97202

Could any interested parties (nigel, blowback, ichilton, RogDog and anyone else who hasn't made themselves known to us Very Happy) check my suggestions, and either accept, or offer alternatives in that thread.

Thanks,

BB

sanecyclist
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
Thanks BobD.

Quote:
Current (P) implemented as a start channel for EPG

Does this mean the current channel appears on the top of the grid? Any chance you could put the page-by-page view in as well?
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:33 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9306 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
sanecyclist wrote:
Thanks BobD.

Quote:

Does this mean the current channel appears on the top of the grid? Any chance you could put the page-by-page view in as well?

It's a bad description by Bob, this is the page-by-page view

HTH

CW

moley6knipe
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2005 Posts: 863 Location: Spalding, Lincs, UK
Some very nice changes there guys! Good work.

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
chunkywizard wrote:
this is the page-by-page view

Great. Cheers!
guru
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:07 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if this has been posted before (tried scanning though the whole thread but could have missed it):

I just installed mystuff 5.21a a couple of days ago and last night I was recording Ugly Betty when I turned the power off. I got the quick mystuff message saying it would turn off when the recording was complete.

This morning I noticed the harddrive was still running and the front panel showed it was still recording. When I checked what was still being recorded I found that Ugly Betty was being recorded and was only showing up as 100MB. I then tried to turn the toppy off, but it wouldn't power off from the remote or the front panel. I eventually had to turn it off from mains.

The only taps I have installed are the ones that come with mystuff and the display tap and is a brand new topfield with the aforementioned taps being the only ones ever installed on it.

Any advice/help would be welcome, but I'll try and reproduce the problem again tonight.

Edit: Just noticed on pg 15 of this thread a couple of people saying the same thing. Has anyone got to the bottom of this?
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:24 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9306 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
We haven't got to the bottom of this. I use this feature all the time eg. last night and have not had the problem. If it happens to you everytime then we can debug it, but not if it's intermitant. BTW, this might not be MyStuff's fault as we don't control the timers, just ask the Toppy to set them using it's normal method.

Let me know if you can narrow it down,

Cheers

CW

ubuntu
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 27 Dec 2005 Posts: 349 Location: High Wycombe Tx: Crystal Palace
guru wrote:
I just installed mystuff 5.21a a couple of days ago and last night I was recording Ugly Betty when I turned the power off. I got the quick mystuff message saying it would turn off when the recording was complete.

This morning I noticed the harddrive was still running and the front panel showed it was still recording. When I checked what was still being recorded I found that Ugly Betty was being recorded and was only showing up as 100MB.
This sounds very similar to the problem I reported here.

john
guru
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:39 pm Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:
We haven't got to the bottom of this. I use this feature all the time eg. last night and have not had the problem. If it happens to you everytime then we can debug it, but not if it's intermitant. BTW, this might not be MyStuff's fault as we don't control the timers, just ask the Toppy to set them using it's normal method.

Let me know if you can narrow it down,

Cheers

CW

OK thanks for that. I'll try and reproduce. I don't know if this is of any significance but I got a new toppy a few days ago as the old one started rebooting itself but I had never seen this "over running recording" in about 6 weeks of use. On the old toppy I was using mystuff 5.0 and it had the old tuners and I was running the bastille day firmware. The new toppy has newer firmware (can't remember which), the new tuners and I am running 5.21a....
BobD
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:40 pm Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:
sanecyclist wrote:
Thanks BobD.

Quote:

It's a bad description by Bob, this is the page-by-page view

Alright then smartypants (thats the polite-for-forum version Smile), what should it say? To be clear, all this option does is set the start channel (to be the channel that is at the top of the page that contains the current channel). Once the epg is displayed, it functions as per all the other epg views, ie >>/<< jump by pages, Left/Right move by one line.

Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:42 pm Reply with quote
My manual description is about half a page long Shocked Shocked Shocked Laughing

CW

Black Cloud
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Sep 2005 Posts: 297 Location: Brentwood Transmitter: Crystal Palace
BobD wrote:
To be clear, all this option does is set the start channel (to be the channel that is at the top of the page that contains the current channel). Once the epg is displayed, it functions as per all the other epg views, ie >>/<< jump by pages, Left/Right move by one line.

OK, you're half way there. I have three pages of favourites. I know that ITV3 is half way down page 2, so what you have done brings the EPG up correctly when I'm on ITV3. But suppose I am on C5 and want to see ITV3 in the EPG - I start using the down arrow till I go off the bottom of the page, and I am expecting to see page 2, but actually page 1 starts scrolling up instead. Please stop thinking computers and think books - eyes are the cursor and hand turns the page - it works for me 'cos I've had a lifetime of practice. Very Happy

BobD
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Black Cloud wrote:
OK, you're half way there. I have three pages of favourites. I know that ITV3 is half way down page 2, so what you have done brings the EPG up correctly when I'm on ITV3. But suppose I am on C5 and want to see ITV3 in the EPG - I start using the down arrow till I go off the bottom of the page, and I am expecting to see page 2
Is this how other people would see Current (P) working? Such that scrolling to the bottom of page 1 then jumps to page 2 (so the selected row jumps from being eg the 11th to being the 1st) rather than scrolling by a row (so the selected row remains the 11th).

Miss_P
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Can i just check that this is a proposed option rather than a change to the default? I much prefer things to scroll down as they do now.

Interestingly, when iguide was first launched it behaved as people are proposing here, and everyone complained that is should scroll line by line! - the exact opposite of this scenario.