Page 15 of 80
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
autopilot
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Nov 2006 Posts: 193
juwlz wrote:
autopilot wrote:
sanecyclist wrote:
autopilot, just press the radio button to switch between the different EPG lists, and have a look at options N1 through N4 if you want to set the default or change the lists.
Yes, but no matter what i set in the N section the MS EPG always defaults back to "all Channels".

Also, every time i reboot the toppy, N1 always reverts to 1/3.
What version are you running? This should have been fixed in 5.2 (see http://www.bobdsmystuff.co.uk/ChangeLogs.shtml

Julie

I am using 5.2
chunkywizard
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:28 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9282 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
try 5.21a and see if that fixes it, it's hard to remember what was fixed in which version :-S

CW

mr-b
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 04 May 2006 Posts: 641 Location: Warks - Sutton Coldfield tx
Please can the Info N&N display be made consistent during chase playback?

For example while you are in chase playback, press Info and the screen indicates "Recording" on the left and "Playing" on the right. No problem so far.

However with the current behaviour where you switch channels to a programme that is being recorded and then chase playback automatically starts (as opposed to showing the live programme), the Info's chase playback screen changes, just showing a recording blob with no "Playing" msg on the right. This makes this "always chase playback never show live" behaviour even more confusing to ppl when they change channels as it's not obvious when CP is in operation.

TAPs: PcControl B1.3; Macro V1.12; QuickJump 1.72; Extend v1.7; EPG2MEI v0.96; TF5000 Display v1.53; TAP Commander 1.34; MyInfo B5.6; MyStuff 6.5; MHEG Control B2.1; Font Manager 1.0d; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 25/9/13
andrewnicols
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:08 am Reply with quote
I know it sounds like a bit of a silly request, but any chance you could put the release date on the main site along with the version number. I can never remember which version I'm running and it would be quite handy to just check at a glance for updates.

TIA,
Andrew
chunkywizard
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:29 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9282 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
You can find the version you are running by looking in the top corner of the options menu,

HTH

CW

Livy
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jul 2006 Posts: 584 Location: Fife, Scotland
not sure if this has been posted before,
but when i try to delete things when in archive with flat view on, they appear to delete, but a refresh of archive and its still there.
i have to go into folder and and the relevant folder to delete it.

• Connected via Buffalo Linkstation Live 2TB
BobD
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:11 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4187 Location: Nottingham
Whoops, a little bug there! I remember testing that at the time but hey ho. I'll add a fix for that in the latest internal build ready for whenever we release. Cheers

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
ubuntu
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 27 Dec 2005 Posts: 349 Location: High Wycombe Tx: Crystal Palace
I had an interesting and slighty confusing experience with my Toppy and MS a couple of days ago.

I have a CT set for Top Gear on BBC2 Sundays, and I added a rec for the following programme via MS EPG. The following day I switched-on the telly and noticed the Toppy was already on and showing The Weakest Link. I wondered why the Toppy was on and discovered it was recording, which I thought strange so checked to see what it was recording - Top Gear!

To cut a long story short the Toppy had been recording since the start of Top Gear the previous evening - I had all the overnight Teletext and all the daytime programmes up to and including the first part of The Weakest Link.

The MS archive showed the recording as 1s59s in length and the Toppy archive showed the recording as 1min. In fact it was over 20hrs long. I have now 'cut' a few relevant sections, e.g. Top Gear, and renamed them using the Toppy archive blue button rename feature. MS archive does not show these recordings at all, under any name.

Thoughts anyone?

john

sanecyclist
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
ubuntu wrote:
MS archive does not show these recordings at all, under any name.

Did you press '0' to refresh the archive? MyStuff doesn't notice changes behind its back unless you switch off "Exclusive Mode" with option M5.

No idea about the neverending recording though.
ubuntu
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 27 Dec 2005 Posts: 349 Location: High Wycombe Tx: Crystal Palace
Thanks sanecyclist; my M5 was set to 'Extreme' and I didn't press 0. Embarassed

I have, however rebooted several times and have now pressed 0 with no effect, so I have now switched-off 'Exclusive Mode'.

Despite all the above the 'cut 'n saved' files still do not show in MS.

It's not a big problem as I can still access them from Toppys own archive.

john
nwood
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 29 Mar 2006 Posts: 343 Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Probably a skin-related issue. When I create a new folder in the archive, the "New Folder" window pops upm with the default "FOLDER 01" which is written as black on yellow. Fine so far.

Then if I edit the default name, the folder name changes to white on yellow, which is not desirable at all. Is there a seperate skin element for text which is being edited?

Thanks,

BobD
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:18 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4187 Location: Nottingham
nwood wrote:
Probably a skin-related issue. When I create a new folder in the archive, the "New Folder" window pops upm with the default "FOLDER 01" which is written as black on yellow. Fine so far.

Then if I edit the default name, the folder name changes to white on yellow, which is not desirable at all. Is there a seperate skin element for text which is being edited?
No, this is just a bug which I happened to spot today and have fixed in an internal build. We may get round to a 5.21b with this and the Flat View delete bug fix, but we may wait to see if there are any other minor bugs found.

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
autopilot
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Nov 2006 Posts: 193
ubuntu wrote:
I had an interesting and slighty confusing experience with my Toppy and MS a couple of days ago.

I have a CT set for Top Gear on BBC2 Sundays, and I added a rec for the following programme via MS EPG. The following day I switched-on the telly and noticed the Toppy was already on and showing The Weakest Link. I wondered why the Toppy was on and discovered it was recording, which I thought strange so checked to see what it was recording - Top Gear!

To cut a long story short the Toppy had been recording since the start of Top Gear the previous evening - I had all the overnight Teletext and all the daytime programmes up to and including the first part of The Weakest Link.

The MS archive showed the recording as 1s59s in length and the Toppy archive showed the recording as 1min. In fact it was over 20hrs long. I have now 'cut' a few relevant sections, e.g. Top Gear, and renamed them using the Toppy archive blue button rename feature. MS archive does not show these recordings at all, under any name.

Thoughts anyone?

john

Cant help, but i have seen this maybe 3 or 4 times since getting my Toppy in December last year. Its happened with various versions of MS. This might be a complete coincidence, but i think it happened with Top Gear too.
jimbo
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:55 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 19 Sep 2005 Posts: 82 Location: North Yorkshire, Bilsdale Transmitter.
Link to what maybe a bug.

http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7795

Just
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:00 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 22 Jan 2007 Posts: 147 Location: Northants
ubuntu wrote:

Thoughts anyone?

john

I had something very similar (new tuner firmware and 5.21a) last night where the toppy thought it was still recording channel 4 this morning (for desperate housewives last night) but had actually stopped at around 27 mins instead (the indicator top right was still saying recording 27:34 or so).

Other: PC Server with ToppyPC and FTP