Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 5.21a Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 14 of 80
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
juwlz
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:07 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10333 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
MrChumleyWarner wrote:
Another very very minor cosmetic bugette I noticed was that when using a black skin, on boot up the text "Loading...." isnt drawn all in the same colour - the text is in blue, the dots are drawn in black. Not sure if its a known bug but thought I'd mention it anyway.
Can't say I've noticed it with my own Black skin - it must depend on which skin element is black. In mine, Searching and Loading have yellow text on a purple background. Now I'm going to have to check it out when I get home! Wink

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
MrChumleyWarner
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 01 Nov 2006 Posts: 36 Location: Cambridge
To clarify thats white on blue "Loading" (using a default colour scheme?) and yellow on black "..." (from my colour scheme).
nwood
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 29 Mar 2006 Posts: 343 Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
nwood wrote:
I have another feature request. Not sure if it's really a MyStuff issue, but I'd prefer not to install another Tap to address it, unless it's a really simple install-and-forget type Tap.

The request is to prevent 0 from changing the aspect ratio. I have a widescreen telly and I'd prefer it if the Toppy stayed on widescreen regardless. Any chance that MS could, as an option, trap this and do nothing. Yet another option, sorry.

Any thoughts on this? If it's too tricky to figure out when (and when not) to trap a 0, is it possible for a TAP to simply prevent any change to the aspect ratio directly through the API?

Apologies again if you think this is not a MyStuff issue, but given the TAPs I run as an MS user, it seems the most appropriate place to address it.

Thanks,

chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:58 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9282 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi there,

IMHO this should not be integrated into MyStuff as it is not key to the main function of the TAP (ie EPG/ Archive/ Timer functions). If we incorporate functions like this then the TAP will expand too much. I reckon it would be best in a standalone TAP,

Sorry

CW

hogettyhog
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 Jan 2006 Posts: 190 Location: Surrey
nwood wrote:
nwood wrote:
I have another feature request. Not sure if it's really a MyStuff issue, but I'd prefer not to install another Tap to address it, unless it's a really simple install-and-forget type Tap.

The request is to prevent 0 from changing the aspect ratio. I have a widescreen telly and I'd prefer it if the Toppy stayed on widescreen regardless. Any chance that MS could, as an option, trap this and do nothing. Yet another option, sorry.

Any thoughts on this? If it's too tricky to figure out when (and when not) to trap a 0, is it possible for a TAP to simply prevent any change to the aspect ratio directly through the API?

Apologies again if you think this is not a MyStuff issue, but given the TAPs I run as an MS user, it seems the most appropriate place to address it.

Thanks,

The macro tap will do what you want - see the first post in this thread:
http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=75421&highlight=macro#75421

5800 Firmware: 5.13.65 (patched) Taps in order in AutoStart: Latest versions of MyStuff, Eit2Mei, Description Extender, Remote Extender, Improbox, Jukebox, TapLauncher (MeiSearch), Font Manager, Accurate Bookmarking.
chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:22 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9282 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Very Happy I knew someone would have written a TAP to do it! If that doesn't work prehaps the StopExit TAP could be hacked to do it as well...

CW

nwood
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 29 Mar 2006 Posts: 343 Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
I'm not sure that just inhibitting the zero key is quite what I had in mind. What if, for example, I want to select channel 10?

Anyway, I'll raise this question on the Macro Tap thread. Thanks for the pointer.

Black Cloud
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Sep 2005 Posts: 297 Location: Brentwood Transmitter: Crystal Palace
Just wrote:

On another point that is related, is there the possibility for MS to recognise the discrete off as a 'override all' to standby function?

What's this, what's this? Discrete on/off codes for Toppy? Tell me more!

I'm also using a Pronto, and a bit peeved as Toppy won't turn on with anything except the power button (most STBs come on when any number key is pressed, but only go off when power is pressed, thus providing a discrete on command which I use extensively on the Pronto)

Just
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 22 Jan 2007 Posts: 147 Location: Northants
Sorry, there is only a discrete off available as far as I can find.

Other: PC Server with ToppyPC and FTP
barneyd
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:52 pm Reply with quote
juwlz wrote:
moley6knipe wrote:
barneyd wrote:
1. No EPG data for radio channels (need to check MaxLCN in eit2mei.ini)
2. No logos
1. Assuming eit2mei is set to backgrou8nd scan, the epg data's there. next boot should load it into ms

2. connect using altair. check you've got logo.dat and smlogo.dat in ProgramFiles\settings\logos\
... or you could just delete the MaxLCN line in your eit2mei.ini (if you even have the file), and use v7.8 (the one included in the MyStuff zip file), as the default is now big enough to handle the OneList radio channels.

There's no need to reboot. Just go to the MyStuff menu, and up arrow a few times, or << once to option Z1 to reload EPG data.

Julie

I increased my MaxLCN - I didn't realise the default had gone up from 99, either way, it works fine now.

Logos also sorted.

Thanks for all the help.
autopilot
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:53 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Nov 2006 Posts: 193
Not sure if this has been asked before, but...

I like the fact that MyStuff now supports radio with the Onelist tap. But i dont listen to radio with my toppy very often and like to keep my EPG as slim as possible. To me, it would be nice to have the option of the Mystuff EPG in radio mode. I.e. in TV mode pressing guide will bring up the EPG with TV only, and in radio mode pressing guide would bring up the mystuff EPG with radio only.

Is this possible?
sanecyclist
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:58 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
autopilot, just press the radio button to switch between the different EPG lists, and have a look at options N1 through N4 if you want to set the default or change the lists.
autopilot
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Nov 2006 Posts: 193
sanecyclist wrote:
autopilot, just press the radio button to switch between the different EPG lists, and have a look at options N1 through N4 if you want to set the default or change the lists.

Yes, but no matter what i set in the N section the MS EPG always defaults back to "all Channels".

Also, every time i reboot the toppy, N1 always reverts to 1/3.
juwlz
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:41 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10333 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
autopilot wrote:
sanecyclist wrote:
Yes, but no matter what i set in the N section the MS EPG always defaults back to "all Channels".

Also, every time i reboot the toppy, N1 always reverts to 1/3.
What version are you running? This should have been fixed in 5.2 (see http://www.bobdsmystuff.co.uk/ChangeLogs.shtml

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
sanecyclist
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
Sounds like you might have the rogue .lnk file problem. Have a trawl through ProgramFiles and its subdirectories and delete any .lnk files you can find. (MyStuff will recreate those it actually needs.)