<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 5.21a Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 13 of 80
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Unadecal
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:18 am Reply with quote
ichilton wrote:

(...)

1.-
- The ability to write a file which will make MyStuff set individual timers (or one shot CT's were mentioned in the past??) on it's next scheduled scan. The file will be removed after processing.

2.-
- On each scheduled scan, it will write out a file containing the details of all current timers.

(...)
Ian

Dear MS team,

I would like to elaborate on Ian's requests please:

1.- I use PC2CT extensively even for one time recordings. It is such a neat utility and 99% there in supporting individual timers. It just needs a new CT Type (one-time). All other required parameters can be narrowed down to near-enough values and then allow the search to set the actual timer on the Toppy. If One Time Recording is selected, this could generate a timer file in the same general format but with a different extension to .mst files (in my arrogance I propose .msr); which would have to be copied to a toppy folder other than CT (again in my arrogance I propose RT) .

These timers would be read and searched together with CTs, except that after successfully setting a timer, the .msr file would be deleted. I do not see a need to wait until the program has been recorded to delete the file since should anything happen (crash), the timers could easily be reloaded.

Personally, I do not allow MS to search more than 2 days in advance in order to keep the number of active timers to a minimum, so it would be possible to, for example, assign an RT on Sunday for the following Saturday which will not actually create a timer until Thursday, so should be deleted only after it creates a timer.

2.- At the moment I use UK Timers (brilliant!) to implement this feature to some extent in order to back up set timers; however, by using the improved CT file format, a single file could theoretically be used to back up all active CTs and one-time timers on an ad-hoc or regular (at search time as proposed) basis.

A big thank you to the MS team for putting together a TAP that should basically be standard factory spec. My toppy seems naked without it.

Regards,

Jorge

Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:00 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5953 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Yup this all falls into our "non-searching mst's" pot.

We're on the case, but we need to keep things open so that we can support a number of remote access timer features as well as extending some of the CT features to one-off timers.

This and a number of other major chunks of functionality are being prioritised amongst the team as we speak Wink

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
moley6knipe
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:21 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2005 Posts: 863 Location: Spalding, Lincs, UK
barneyd wrote:

1. No EPG data for radio channels (need to check MaxLCN in eit2mei.ini)
2. No logos

1. Assuming eit2mei is set to backgrou8nd scan, the epg data's there. next boot should load it into ms

2. connect using altair. check you've got logo.dat and smlogo.dat in ProgramFiles\settings\logos\

Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:13 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10370 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
moley6knipe wrote:
barneyd wrote:
1. No EPG data for radio channels (need to check MaxLCN in eit2mei.ini)
2. No logos
1. Assuming eit2mei is set to backgrou8nd scan, the epg data's there. next boot should load it into ms

2. connect using altair. check you've got logo.dat and smlogo.dat in ProgramFiles\settings\logos\
... or you could just delete the MaxLCN line in your eit2mei.ini (if you even have the file), and use v7.8 (the one included in the MyStuff zip file), as the default is now big enough to handle the OneList radio channels.

There's no need to reboot. Just go to the MyStuff menu, and up arrow a few times, or << once to option Z1 to reload EPG data.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
andrewnicols
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:22 pm Reply with quote
mike.hinson wrote:
Unknown from the Wiki wrote:
Any chance you could add some way of deleting files and timers without using the white button the remote. I'm using an IR translator and the remote won't translate the delete button...
Hi,
Sounds like you need to buy a new remote control? Is this a feature request of general interest, or a request for help?
/\/\

I'm using a B&O TV which will let you control a variety of satellite, cable and freeview boxes by translating the B&O IR codes to the toppy IR codes. Sadly, when they wrote the translations, they didn't consider the delete button, so at present, to delete a file or timer, I have to dig out the toppy remote to actually delete anything.
I've tried contacting B&O to no avail, so I was hoping it could be considered as a feature request to add a delete option... e.g. Pushing a coloured button brings up a menu with options to move the file to a different folder, delete it, etc etc.

I've looked at a few other solutions but I think this would be the best of them.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew
Ex_Sailor
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Dec 2005 Posts: 240 Location: Cambridge
Evening,

HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:

Quote:
We're on the case, but we need to keep things open so that we can support a number of remote access timer features as well as extending some of the CT features to one-off timers.

I support the open part, as it would be ideal as I would like to include Digiguide timers into MyStuff, as do a number of other users.

Regards,

Colin
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5953 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Not promising anything until we've had a chance to review what's required, but yes that's one method that falls into this camp.

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
juwlz
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:21 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10370 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
andrewnicols wrote:
I'm using a B&O TV which will let you control a variety of satellite, cable and freeview boxes by translating the B&O IR codes to the toppy IR codes. Sadly, when they wrote the translations, they didn't consider the delete button, so at present, to delete a file or timer, I have to dig out the toppy remote to actually delete anything.
I've tried contacting B&O to no avail, so I was hoping it could be considered as a feature request to add a delete option... e.g. Pushing a coloured button brings up a menu with options to move the file to a different folder, delete it, etc etc.

I've looked at a few other solutions but I think this would be the best of them.
Hi Andrew

I think it's unlikely that MyStuff will be updated to handle the shortcomings of your remote control. You may have to sacrifice another key and map to that. How about using the Green key? MS now has an option to create a folder on the fly when filing, so you could probably do without a specific key to create a new folder (or do it with Altair, or use ftp if you have your Toppy networked via a Slug or Asus). The only other thing the Green key is used for (off the top of my head) is to move back 24 hours in the Guide, which you can do with multiple presses of Red (or exit and go forward again with Yellow).

Julie

andrewnicols
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:58 pm Reply with quote
juwlz wrote:
andrewnicols wrote:

Hi Andrew

I think it's unlikely that MyStuff will be updated to handle the shortcomings of your remote control. You may have to sacrifice another key and map to that. How about using the Green key? MS now has an option to create a folder on the fly when filing, so you could probably do without a specific key to create a new folder (or do it with Altair, or use ftp if you have your Toppy networked via a Slug or Asus). The only other thing the Green key is used for (off the top of my head) is to move back 24 hours in the Guide, which you can do with multiple presses of Red (or exit and go forward again with Yellow).

Julie

Thanks Julie. I thought this would probably be the case, but you don't get anywhere without trying
What TAP would you suggest for re-mapping the keys?

Andrew
juwlz
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:05 pm Reply with quote
andrewnicols wrote:
juwlz wrote:
andrewnicols wrote:
I'm using a B&O TV which will let you control a variety of satellite, cable and freeview boxes by translating the B&O IR codes to the toppy IR codes...

Julie
Thanks Julie. I thought this would probably be the case, but you don't get anywhere without trying

Andrew
I assumed from your description that the B&O remote could do the mapping. I've never had to do it, so don't know whether there are any TAPs to do it from the Toppy end.

Julie

moley6knipe
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:40 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2005 Posts: 863 Location: Spalding, Lincs, UK
andrewnicols wrote:

Andrew

Have a look at simonc's Remote Extender TAP. http://www.toppy.org.uk/~simonc/remoteextender.html Worth a punt through the readme; it may be able to help. The thread for RemX starts here

Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:12 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3473 Location: Maldon Essex
andrewnicols wrote:

The Macro TAP should enable you to do this - you can even use a combination of two keys to avoid loosing anaother key completely.

EMJB
MrChumleyWarner
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 01 Nov 2006 Posts: 36 Location: Cambridge
When my MyStuff 5.2 starts up after a power cycle, it ignores the N1 setting for which channel list to use and always defaults to All Channels, even though the setting says its going to use the "My Favourites" list which I've set up in a mcl file.

Any ideas?
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
MrChumleyWarner wrote:
When my MyStuff 5.2 starts up after a power cycle, it ignores the N1 setting for which channel list to use and always defaults to All Channels, even though the setting says its going to use the "My Favourites" list which I've set up in a mcl file.

Any ideas?

See here

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote
MrChumleyWarner
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 01 Nov 2006 Posts: 36 Location: Cambridge
cheers I'll try it tonight

Another very very minor cosmetic bugette I noticed was that when using a black skin, on boot up the text "Loading...." isnt drawn all in the same colour - the text is in blue, the dots are drawn in black. Not sure if its a known bug but thought I'd mention it anyway.