Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 5.21a Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 10 of 80
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
sanecyclist
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:53 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
pillory wrote:
Don't blame me for that one Rolling Eyes - it was per-Sony-fied you're quoting not me.
I certainly don't want any pop-ups involved!!!

Sorry 'bout that. Embarassed
per-Sony-fied
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Jan 2007 Posts: 114 Location: Essex
DanCJ wrote:
You can do it just as quick by typing the channel numver and hitting OK. (even quicker for channels 1-9)

Dan

That will do. I'll give it a try. Never thought of changing channels that way... So used to the simplicity of my Sony Smile
toplog
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 30 Oct 2005 Posts: 54 Location: UK
I have had two Toppy crashes (using 5.21A) on two consecutive nights Sad

The first was when I had two recordings (C) set: Holby City followed by Life on Mars. Holby city started recoding and SWMBO was watching it live but paused it a couple of times - probably stopped watching it about 21:10. She then went into archive - selected Life on Mars and paused it. We started watching Life on Mars (from the archive paused) at about 21:20. At 22:00 we had the 2nd episode of Life on Mars set to record on BBC4. As 22:00 approached I got a message on the screen that says something about a recording due to start and the main channel change Yes|No. I didn't reply and the channel switched dropping us out of the archive play. No problem I thought, went back into the archive - selected Life on Mars (21:00 recording) and clicked Ok - as soon as I did this the toppy crashed and restarted / scanned - verified files and we lost the Life on Mars recording in the archive (as it was still active) and the new recording that was about to start on BBC4. So a bad evening for Life on Mars. Crying or Very sad

The second situation last night when we had two recordings (C) set for Dragon's Den (BBC2) and the second for Party Animals (BBC1). Not wishing to get caught out we watched Dragon's Den live and then switched to BBC1 live. I paused live play (so MyStuff said it was in chase play mode). went and made coffees and came back - pressed play and the Toppy crashed - So no party animals recorded Sad

Not sure if this is a MyStuff issue but both times I was operating in a MyStuff environment. I have done this sort of thing before using 5.1 with no problem.

Any suggestions as to what I can try to resolve this would be great Smile

Other: ChannelRemover 1.4, rt2me 0.62
digital
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Jun 2005 Posts: 360
Not sure if this is an eit2mei or MyStuff bugette, but as it's accessed through MyStuff...

Press Guide then Menu to get MyStuff's menu.

Go to Z3 to initiate a scan on the current channel (Five in this case).

Press Exit before the scan completes.

Press Guide then Menu to get MyStuff's menu.

Go to Z2 and initiate a scan on all channels. The all channel scan request is ignored but the interupted scan completes.

Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/4/11
willberry
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:34 pm Reply with quote
I am having a problem with favourite lists. I can't get mystuff to remember that I want to use them.

I have my required default set in N1 but when going into the EPG I have to use opt to activate it. I have tried the old switch off and reboot but that has not helped.

The only TAPS I am running are those from the mystuff 5.21a distribution.
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
willberry wrote:
I am having a problem with favourite lists. I can't get mystuff to remember that I want to use them.

I have my required default set in N1 but when going into the EPG I have to use opt to activate it. I have tried the old switch off and reboot but that has not helped.

The only TAPS I am running are those from the mystuff 5.21a distribution.
Have you any .ink files on the toppy in any folder when viewed in altair? If so delete them and it should cure the problem.

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote
Just
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 22 Jan 2007 Posts: 147 Location: Northants
I appear to be encountering a bug as a result of pressing standby while the toppy is recording. If recording(s) are in progress it asks what I want to do - I always say do nothing (as I am often wanting to turn the unit on). If I press standby again later I get a message asking if I want to cancel the standby request (this is usually me wanting to turn the toppy on again) to which I say yes. Then later again when I finally want to turn the toppy off I press standby with no effect except four dots flashing up on the display. As I keep the Toppy out of sight and use macros on the pronto it can quite often get sent a few standby presses in an evening.

Quiting MS and then pressing standby puts it into standby correctly.

On another point that is related, is there the possibility for MS to recognise the discrete off as a 'override all' to standby function?

This is on Loader- C5.14, FW 5.13.26 Hardware v1.00

Other: PC Server with ToppyPC and FTP
tauntonblue
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:35 am Reply with quote
I've applied 5.21a. My wife had a problem this evening whilst I was out with the toppy just re-booting to the topfield menu. On my return home I have removed all the taps bar the mystuff tap. On booting the toppy starts okay but if I press the archive button it all goes pear shaped. I have read the manual and the other posts but cannot see anything relevant to my issue - please correct me if I am wrong. Any ideas? As I said all that is running at the time of the reboot is my stuff.

Thanks
Salopian
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:15 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 411 Location: London
Last night I had the second occurrence of a crash.
I was recording two programs and watching a previously recorded program.
I pressed Archive and the box re-booted.
I have had this once before but gave it the benefit of the doubt.
This has only happened since 5.21a

Barry.

toplog
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:50 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 30 Oct 2005 Posts: 54 Location: UK
Salopian wrote:
Last night I had the second occurrence of a crash.
I was recording two programs and watching a previously recorded program.
I pressed Archive and the box re-booted.
I have had this once before but gave it the benefit of the doubt.
This has only happened since 5.21a
Arrow Sounds similar to the problems I am having Sad

Other: ChannelRemover 1.4, rt2me 0.62
timw2000
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:33 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 15 Aug 2005 Posts: 85 Location: Southsea, UK
tauntonblue wrote:
I've applied 5.21a. My wife had a problem this evening whilst I was out with the toppy just re-booting to the topfield menu. On my return home I have removed all the taps bar the mystuff tap. On booting the toppy starts okay but if I press the archive button it all goes pear shaped. I have read the manual and the other posts but cannot see anything relevant to my issue - please correct me if I am wrong. Any ideas? As I said all that is running at the time of the reboot is my stuff.

Thanks

Hi, I've had the same issue, after the CT search my box will crash or if I press the archive button. For now I've reverted back to MS5.1 and all is very stable and working well.

Note that in going back to 5.1 I deleted my MS settings file and reconfigured my settings to my preferences. Without doing this I seem to remember having problem with 5.1 crashing too.

I did try going back to 5.2a and deleting my MS settings (,dat) file and I thought all was well again as the CT search reboot was not happening, however, pressing the archive button and boom, reboot. So back to 5.1 again Sad

Tim.
tauntonblue
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:48 am Reply with quote
Cheers for that info Tim, sounds like I probably need to take a step backwards. I wondered if I'd not followed the correct upgrade procedure but it sounds like there is some sort of issue there somewhere.

One odd thing was that when it was repeatedly looping it appeared to have wiped all the TV channels as when I got home there were none listed at all had to do a complete re-scan.
timw2000
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:54 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 15 Aug 2005 Posts: 85 Location: Southsea, UK
tauntonblue wrote:
Cheers for that info Tim, sounds like I probably need to take a step backwards. I wondered if I'd not followed the correct upgrade procedure but it sounds like there is some sort of issue there somewhere.

One odd thing was that when it was repeatedly looping it appeared to have wiped all the TV channels as when I got home there were none listed at all had to do a complete re-scan.

I had the same thing happen to me too, twice! All very strange? I'm running the 5.12.88 firmware and just the other taps in the MS zip plus TAP Commander (all auto start)

Would be good to find a solution to this one, however with me travelling next week, I'm sticking to 5.1 so that I don't miss any recordings.
calvinhobbes
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:59 am Reply with quote
I've also noticed that this morning the Toppy display was stuck with REC on the display. Only selecting Power-off from the remote gave a response, which was the four dots of death. The last recording was due to finish in the early hours of the morning and as far as I can tell it doesn't seem to have been corrupted.

I did seem to be able to use the archive and EPG but every time I power off from the remote I get the four dots Crying or Very sad . I tried it few times before I had to go to work.

I've been using 5.21a (Full TAP set in Autostart) for about a week now without any issues. It sounds a bit strange that some people have just started get crashes over the same evening.

I have to say that MyStuff is a fine piece of software and I'd like to thank all concerned for the effort they put into its development.

Ian Lowry
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:51 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 25 Aug 2005 Posts: 64 Location: Cardiff, Wales
calvinhobbes wrote:
I've also noticed that this morning the Toppy display was stuck with REC on the display. Only selecting Power-off from the remote gave a response, which was the four dots of death. The last recording was due to finish in the early hours of the morning and as far as I can tell it doesn't seem to have been corrupted.

I have had a similar event, Toppy stuck on RECO in the morning, a couple of times since upgrading to 5.21a. Power off from remote control worked and on restart it appears that all planned recordings were successfully completed. No idea whether this is MS or Toppy firmware.

TF5800, IA On, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 +Vr

TAPs: EPG2MEI v0.94; TAP Commander 1.0.1; MyInfo B4.0; mcgCYRResume V1.0; Power Manager v1.2; MyStuff 6.0; Little Clock v2.2; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7;

Sig generated by MyInfo on 19/9/09